Hacker group Anonymous

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
kalden yungdrung

Hacker group Anonymous

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:09 am

Tashi delek DW members,

The group Anonymous, has released a statement claiming the terrorists are planning up to EIGHT attacks on the same day - November 22.
Anoymous.jpg
Anoymous.jpg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
What do you think about this hacker group ?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/621 ... st-network

KY
The best meditation is no meditation

odysseus

Re: Hacker group Anonymous

Post by odysseus » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:38 am

Anonymous are OK, but they should change their name into something more snappy or else they will soon be dead boring like ISIS.

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Does this have anything whatsoever to do with the Dharma, Kalden?
If so, what?
If not, why are you posting it?

:thanks:
Kim

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:Does this have anything whatsoever to do with the Dharma, Kalden?
If so, what?

Kim
Everything we encounter can be seen as Dharma for Dharma encompasses everything.

Well "all" kind of help against terrorism can be seen as ok and deeds of compassion.
And this hacker group is blocking for instance telecommunication.

By that they know some things which can be useful, or isn`t it ?

KY
The best meditation is no meditation

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:12 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek DW members,

The group Anonymous, has released a statement claiming the terrorists are planning up to EIGHT attacks on the same day - November 22.
Anoymous.jpg

KY
Nothing happening for now but its good if they keep watching on ISIS, also thank you for the topic explaining jihad into Islam, although Kim locked it, it says exactly what I think muslims think.

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:Does this have anything whatsoever to do with the Dharma, Kalden?
If so, what?

Kim
This is in the news, you know.

Dan74
Founding Member

Post by Dan74 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:38 pm

gloriasteinem wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote:Tashi delek DW members,

Anoymous.jpg

KY
Nothing happening for now but its good if they keep watching on ISIS, also thank you for the topic explaining jihad into Islam, although Kim locked it, it says exactly what I think muslims think.
Hi Alexandra! :hi:

Kim can explain for himself, but I think we all know this is a discussion forum for Mahayana and Vajrayana. Some political discussion is allowed for now but these topics that people hold such strong views about, tend to produce a great deal of friction and are frankly not really worth the trouble a lot of the time. There are political forums out there, plenty of them. We should work on eliminating or transforming the kleshas, not whipping them up, IMO.

_/|\_

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Sure, Dan, :hi: that's why I say I'm happy nothing is happening because when things peace up we can get back on our average, I'm really not sure this is gonna happen right now, solving this, but at some point it will be, and we would entirely forget about it. And concentrate on practice. What I'm sometimes concerned about is if such terrorist attacks become the norm of modern society, like something unavoidable that we would have to live with, like for example the jews in Israel. Sometimes I think about the future, and maybe we have to find a way to live with it, the problem is no one yet wants to think we have to learn to live with this. That is way people are concerned. I don't really think it is so much a political debate as potus, we have one topic about it here. And people get worried exactly on religious grounds, I do worry when I have to make choices like whether to be nice or precautious.

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Dan74 wrote:Hi Alexandra! :hi:

Kim can explain for himself, but I think we all know this is a discussion forum for Mahayana and Vajrayana. Some political discussion is allowed for now but these topics that people hold such strong views about, tend to produce a great deal of friction and are frankly not really worth the trouble a lot of the time. There are political forums out there, plenty of them. We should work on eliminating or transforming the kleshas, not whipping them up, IMO.

_/|\_
That is indeed exactly what I would have said if I didn't happen to be asleep at the time - thanks, Dan!

:smile:
Kim

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:54 pm

As I said what is on question is how are we gonna live with these terrorist attacks. Obviously Brussels had proposed today that victims of terrorist attack scream"Allah Akbar!" so that terrorists release them. Since I am Buddhist and Christian, as I'm both, I don't find this acceptable, not to mention that armed forces may mistake you for a terrorist if you screen this way and shoot you, so I find this advise pretty stupid and religiously offensive. What if I want to scream actually"Buddha is great!".

By the way, Kim, I really thought you are a woman judging on your comments... a really fragile, blond, small woman, that's how I always thought about you... I guess you never know.

tingdzin

Post by tingdzin » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:24 pm

gloriasteinem wrote:Obviously Brussels had proposed today that victims of terrorist attack scream"Allah Akbar!" so that terrorists release them.
Are you joking? I ask the question in earnest.

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:46 pm

tingdzin wrote:
gloriasteinem wrote:Obviously Brussels had proposed today that victims of terrorist attack scream"Allah Akbar!" so that terrorists release them.
According to our media, that's exactly what they suggested. I don't know if such news in prime time is some sort of local joke but to be honest Merkel and other leaders behave in a way that is suggesting it. That is because they don't have the guts to announce Islam as a dangerous ideology and feel unable to solve the problem with it letting Christians to be beaten, offended, raped and killed in the streets and etc. Today I viewed a video about German small towns now facing 80% school students of muslim origins who beat the native christian students for fun. The footage included interviews with the muslim children speaking about it AND footage of them beating in action the christian children. This is something Kim would never even acknowledge because in his world everyone is nice and tolerant as he is, which unfortunately is not true.

dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:23 pm

I can see some merit in memorizing a few lines of the Koran...

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 pm

dharmagoat wrote:I can see some merit in memorizing a few lines of the Koran...
There is no such merit, it's self ego serving for the protection of body of person who could rather sacrifice his soul and the dharma, instead of standing for what he believes. Reciting a Buddhist sutra infront of jihadists might have some merit for other human beings and the being itself.

I don't think Buddha thought us to give up Buddhism in sight of demons, Mara, terrorists or anything else that steps in a violent manner on our way to Nirvana. Also Buddhism teaches of not giving up to fear.

pothigai

Post by pothigai » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 pm

gloriasteinem wrote:
tingdzin wrote:
According to our media, that's exactly what they suggested. I don't know if such news in prime time is some sort of local joke but to be honest Merkel and other leaders behave in a way that is suggesting it. That is because they don't have the guts to announce Islam as a dangerous ideology and feel unable to solve the problem with it letting Christians to be beaten, offended, raped and killed in the streets and etc. Today I viewed a video about German small towns now facing 80% school students of muslim origins who beat the native christian students for fun. The footage included interviews with the muslim children speaking about it AND footage of them beating in action the christian children. This is something Kim would never even acknowledge because in his world everyone is nice and tolerant as he is, which unfortunately is not true.
Can you provide any actual evidence of this?
ہستی اپنی حباب کی سی ہے
یہ نمائش سراب کی سی ہے

hasti apni habaab ki si hai
yeh numaaish saraab ki si hai

Like a bubble is your existence
This display is like an illusion

- Mir Taqi Mir (1725-1810)

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 pm

gloriasteinem wrote:
tingdzin wrote:

Can you please give some actual sources for this train on nonsense? Thanks. Grandstanding about made up bullshit is really pointless, if it actually happened, please provide a source.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:26 am

gloriasteinem wrote:
dharmagoat wrote:I can see some merit in memorizing a few lines of the Koran...
There is no such merit, it's self ego serving for the protection of body of person who could rather sacrifice his soul and the dharma, instead of standing for what he believes. Reciting a Buddhist sutra infront of jihadists might have some merit for other human beings and the being itself.
It has already been pointed out that much of what is written in the Koran actually accords with Buddhism. Those that scour the Koran for passages that appear to encourage violence (or scour the internet for ready-made lists) might miss this fact.

There is nothing ego-serving about learning a peaceful passage of the Koran as a step toward easing the tensions between muslims and non-muslims. In a critical situation it may even avoid bloodshed altogether. Dying for what one believes is a poor substitute for living for what one believes.

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:53 am

Isn't this topic about anonymous, why is it devolving into a argument about islam?

I think it's hard to judge anonymous as a whole, since it's ultimately a leaderless, shifting group of members. Anyone can claim any act as Anonymous. That is the point of the group. I'm all for hackivism, but it depends on the reasoning and how the hacks are handled.

Anonymous has many well-to-do people, but they also have degenerates from 4chan and the like. Who do thing's like Doxing, Swating, Death threats, etc.

Doxing is publishing a persons personal information online, usually name/address/family members/social security numbers/credit cards etc.
Swating is calling in hoax threats to police in order to get someones house raided, usually by an armed swat team.

These are pretty common thing's done in these circles.

So it's really 50/50, you can't have a faceless organization without allowing in less than moral people also.
The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
-Henry David Thoreau

Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Queen Elizabeth II » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:12 am

pothigai wrote:Can you provide any actual evidence of this?

phpBB [video]

pothigai

Post by pothigai » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:39 am

Queen Elizabeth II wrote:
pothigai wrote:Can you provide any actual evidence of this?

phpBB [video]
I mean, evidence from a reputable source that there is systemic violence against Christians perpetrated by migrants. I don't think a video from a small Youtube channel that seems to primarily publish Islamophobic and anti-migrant material is really compelling evidence for this.
ہستی اپنی حباب کی سی ہے
یہ نمائش سراب کی سی ہے

hasti apni habaab ki si hai
yeh numaaish saraab ki si hai

Like a bubble is your existence
This display is like an illusion

- Mir Taqi Mir (1725-1810)

Return to “News & Current Events”