Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Malcolm

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Post by Malcolm » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.

—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

Quay

Post by Quay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Queequeg wrote: but once the fundamental agreement on reality and rules of civil engagement are lost, further intercourse becomes incredibly difficult.

That is gone. Time for New England to secede from the Union.
Now that I am once again living in a Deep Red State, perhaps the deepest of all since the Civil War started here, I am continually fascinated by how the direct descendants of rebellion are so happy about the upcoming federalizations of so many things they used to want to be left to the states, like privacy, election laws, gun laws, etc. Another interesting turnaround, and on par here with flip of the Republican & Democratic parties on things like worker's rights, civil rights, etc.

Everything changes.
Malcolm wrote:...And one of my ancestors, Elbridge Gerry, signed the Declaration of Independence, etc.
I'm a descendant of two Signers as well as a British regicide who signed the death warrant of King Charles I. So one might say I am genetically allergic to authoritarianism and can recognize a crown, hidden or otherwise, at quite a distance. And the fact that the current Tsar of Russia has a whining, authoritarian, commoner puppet in the United States about to enter the Oval Office has seemed quite obvious to me.

What interesting times!
Bless me and all phantom beings like me
That we may extract the essence of the generation and perfection stages.

– Patrul Rinpoche, Words of My Perfect Teacher.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele's frustration as FBI sat on Donald Trump Russia file for months
Exclusive: Steele was so concerned by revelations he worked without payment after Trump's election victory in November

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 26901.html

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Grigoris wrote:
anjali wrote: That's why I think the tapes need to actually be made public, otherwise biased supporters will just brush it off as liberal media fake news.
Really? You want to see tapes of Trump having queer sex with Russian prostitutes? Personally I'll just take people's word on the matter! :?
Your wishes may be soon granted thanks to Penthouse mag:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/pentho ... cow-hotel/
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Norwegian wrote:Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele's frustration as FBI sat on Donald Trump Russia file for months
Exclusive: Steele was so concerned by revelations he worked without payment after Trump's election victory in November

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 26901.html
The most important finding in that article:
By late July and early August MI6 was also receiving information about Mr Trump. By September, information to the FBI began to grow in volume: Mr Steele compiled a set of his memos into one document and passed it to his contacts at the FBI. But there seemed to be little progress in a proper inquiry into Mr Trump. The Bureau, instead, seemed to be devoting their resources in the pursuit of Hillary Clinton’s email transgressions.

The New York office, in particular, appeared to be on a crusade against Ms Clinton. Some of its agents had a long working relationship with Rudy Giuliani, by then a member of the Trump campaign, since his days as public prosecutor and then Mayor of the city.

As the election approached, FBI director James Comey made public his bombshell letter saying that Ms Clinton would face another email investigation. Two days before that Mr Giuliani, then a part of the Trump team, talked about “a surprise or two you’re going to hear about in the next few days. We’ve got a couple of things up our sleeve that should turn things around”.
This is the elephant in the room.

FBI needs new leadership. Comey needs to find out what federal prison is like. Giuliani too.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:21 pm

DGA wrote:This is the elephant in the room.

FBI needs new leadership. Comey needs to find out what federal prison is like. Giuliani too.
It will have a new leadership, a leadership that is even more supportive of Turmp.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 pm

The whole thing stinks .
it gets worse each day. This guy tweets in the middle of the night like a twitter addict. :rolling:

what he did at a media brief on Friday was nothing less than megalomania.

and the nightmare continues
from that page
As CNN's Jim Acosta pleaded to ask a question, Trump repeatedly shouted him down.
"Your organization is terrible," Trump told Acosta. "You are fake news."
it's actually scary to watch..

phpBB [video]

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Meanwhile...

There's an inauguration coming up. Usually, this is an opportunity for the best musical talent in the US to perform before a more or less captive audience. Trump's had a hard time convincing top talent to perform for him. The headliner for this year's inauguration is none other than the world-famous rock band 3 Doors Down. Never heard of them? Me either.

They have had more success in recent years touring Europe in an elaborate costume and stage show under the name Ghost. You can see them here performing at the Swedish Grammys last year. It's an uplifting number...

phpBB [video]

With performance artists like these performing for our Dear Leader, I now feel confident in the future of our republic.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Trump got Ghost to play his gig? :rolling:

Now I know that I hate Trump!

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

florin

Post by florin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:57 pm

How very fitting..........

phpBB [video]
"Bow down to me for I thirst for an infinite ocean of blood, since the innumerable torrents of floods at kalpa's end that terrify all world systems do not even wet the tip of my tongue"

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Grigoris wrote:Trump got Ghost to play his gig? :rolling:

Now I know that I hate Trump!
I think, there is a very long list of other more severe reasons to be against Trump. From political view, he is the MOST stupid politician I ever heard of. He doesn't understand anything about politics and the worldwide circumstances and contexts. I find that quite shocking, that such a stupid man is going to be a world leader.
I feel like I want to dig me a hole and hide for the next four years... *Duck and Cover*

phpBB [video]
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Ayu wrote:I think, there is a very long list of other more severe reasons to be against Trump.
More serious than the fact he booked "Ghost"for his opening act? No, I don't think so! :smile:

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Ayu wrote:I think, there is a very long list of other more severe reasons to be against Trump.
More serious than the fact he booked "Ghost"for his opening act? No, I don't think so! :smile:
:tongue:
No musician can be worse than his politics.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:17 am

What does it mean for Trump to be a Russian puppet, in practice? What are the potential consequences of this? Where does this lead?

this piece in Politico, which I overlooked when it was published, gives some important context and helps address some of these questions, particularly in light of Trump's recent comments on the irrelevance and obsolescence of NATO. Read it with a bottle of Pepto Bismol at hand.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ame-214589

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 am

DGA wrote:What does it mean for Trump to be a Russian puppet, in practice? What are the potential consequences of this? Where does this lead?

this piece in Politico, which I overlooked when it was published, gives some important context and helps address some of these questions, particularly in light of Trump's recent comments on the irrelevance and obsolescence of NATO. Read it with a bottle of Pepto Bismol at hand.

Interesting article, thanks for the link.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 am

DGA wrote:What does it mean for Trump to be a Russian puppet, in practice? What are the potential consequences of this? Where does this lead?

Thank you for the link (even though the piece, albeit informative, is appalling) -- and for the Pepto-Bismol suggestion. A bucketful of Hydroxyzine might also come in handy, especially if you live in Europe. I wonder if one could apply it intravenously?
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

justsit

Post by justsit » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:03 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote: A bucketful of Hydroxyzine might also come in handy, especially if you live in Europe. I wonder if one could apply it intravenously?
FYI - Yes, hydroxyzine is available for IV use. It's rarely administered via that route outside a hospital, though, and is tough to find on the street. Not sure about availability in places other than US.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:50 pm

That article is a bizarre mess of horrible contradiction and fact.

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:35 pm

justsit wrote:FYI - Yes, hydroxyzine is available for IV use. It's rarely administered via that route outside a hospital, though, and is tough to find on the street. Not sure about availability in places other than US.
Thank you. I promise I will try not to make use of that piece of information.
Grigoris wrote:That article is a bizarre mess of horrible contradiction and fact.
It also proves neatly that, alas, it is not only Putin who enjoys sabre-rattling. And empire-building. And war-mongering.

Which is precisely what scares me shiteless.

PS. Speaking of sabre-rattling:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 24726.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nder-trump

"[A] dream many Poles have had since the fall of communism in 1989 to have US troops on their soil as a deterrent against Russia." Poor sods. These troops are and will be stationed in Zagan, 40 km away from the German border; their HQ is and will remain in Berlin. If they are to deter a Russian invasion, Poland is not what they are meant to protect. "When elephants fight, pity the grass..."
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
It also proves neatly that, alas, it is not only Putin who enjoys sabre-rattling. And empire-building. And war-mongering.
Sure, that's been clear for decades. Ask Chileans about their 9/11. The more salient question to my mind is this: do you prefer the status quo, in which no one's on the edge of nuking anyone else, or the war of all against all that Putin seems to be aiming for? the stability of the postwar order (NATO, etc), or... the post-Trump, post-Brexit alternative?

Parenthetically, Russian plutocrats have more than a little capital hiding in the UK at present; this, and Adele, must account for at least half of Britain's GDP. One wonders if PM May's decision to pursue a "hard" Brexit may have been influenced by a need to not offend the powers that be in the Kremlin. As the Panama Papers show, there's more than one place to hide dirty money.

My point is that Brexit and the Trump problem are aspects of the same dynamic: the systematic and strategic weakening of the EU and NATO by populist, right-wing movements exploiting the failures of such technocratic regimes as the "new Labour" and the DLC (think neoliberalization under Clinton).