Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Quay

Re: Trump is a Russian Puppet hahahahaha

Post by Quay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 am

It has been long known that Soviet/Russian security services videotape many people staying in hotels in the USSR/Russia for purposes of blackmail and influence. They've been doing this since the early 50's. If Mr. Trump or his staff were unaware of this it is just more evidence of his bad judgement and if such tapes do exist he'll probably just brag about them anyway. Unless of course they show him in a bad light in which case he'll deny anything ever happened & was all just computer animation made on Hillary Clinton's illegal server. Win-win for him.

Be all that as it may or may not, such activities and all the other stuff about him being a Russian puppet do not yet fall under impeachment rules (he's not been sworn into office yet) but rather the various statutes on Treason. He could simply be arrested & held without bail indefinitely under our current laws about such things. And wouldn't that be fun!
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:50 am

They're pretty much all puppets.
“...we should try to acquire clairvoyance. Without it, we are like a baby bird whose wings are undeveloped and has not yet grown feathers and remains stuck in its nest, unable to fly. Without clairvoyance, we cannot work for other sentient beings.” — Khunu Lama
“Just as a bird can not fly without both wings,
The welfare of others cannot be accomplished without the higher faculties of perception,
So diligently strive for your own wellbeing, whilst mentally considering the welfare of others.” — Longchenpa

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 am

Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/p ... .html?_r=0
NY Times wrote:The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.
What a complete fool. If you have sex in Russia, you better be prepared to see pictures and/or audio and video of it later. Especially if you are not a nobody. We did that in Russia too btw, but not taken to an extreme. Russian Cold war intel spying regularly determined names of mistresses of Politburo members prior to Gorbatchow assuming control (and perhaps after).
How do impeachment laws work? Could he get impeached for things done prior to inauguration?
Unspecified high crimes and misdemeanours. However no one would support a prosecution of something before they assumed the oath of office (unless it were a homicide, for example). The Republicans are apparently not concerned about his numerous court cases for nonpayment of services, etc. Impeachment hearings would be initiated in the House of Representatives and, if charges were preferred, the actual trial would be in the Senate.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 pm

This is the US intelligence community kneecapping Trump in retaliation for the disrespect he's shown them since elected. It will continue.

I had thought the initiative in removing Trump from office by impeachment or other means (see amendment 25 section 4) would be taken by Democratic state attorneys general investigating his conflicts of interest in New York and California (and maybe Massachusetts). Evidently the intelligence community got there first.

For the record, who cares if he's into watersports? That's the least offensive thing about Trump.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm

DGA wrote: For the record, who cares if he's into watersports? That's the least offensive thing about Trump.
It is just so typical...
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Malcolm wrote:
DGA wrote: For the record, who cares if he's into watersports? That's the least offensive thing about Trump.
It is just so typical...
To answer my own question: if the Jimmy Swaggart set failed to be offended by the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape, they'll surely fail to be offended by Trump's piss-in-the-borcht-bowl party. These are the people who castigated Clinton over a blowjob but consistently supported David "Diaperman" Vitter, and chose to ignore Jerry Falwell's extracurricular activities, &c.

Good thing Jesus loves hypocrites the best, right? (see Matthew 6:1-6 or so)

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Yeah, I also don't get this American obsession with their Presidents sexual behaviour. One of Greece's longest serving and popular Prime Ministers dumped his wife and kids for an airline stewardess and nobody batted an eyelid.

There are MUCH more important things to critique Trump about.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Quay wrote:It has been long known that Soviet/Russian security services videotape many people staying in hotels in the USSR/Russia for purposes of blackmail and influence.
When I was in Shanghai I was staying in a run-down ex-luxury hotel across the road from the US consulate. At some point I took a meander around this huge building to check out the ex-ballroom and other sites. As I was stumbling around the darker, seedier parts of the building I walked past an open door and looked inside to see a group of Chinese men in military uniforms in front of a row of video screens watching what seemed to be a live feed (this was in 1994, so everything was still via wires then). When they noticed my presence they turned around to look at me, but I pretended to nonchalantly stroll along as if not having seen anything... I think it was obvious who they were spying on.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Grigoris wrote:Yeah, I also don't get this American obsession with their Presidents sexual behaviour. One of Greece's longest serving and popular Prime Ministers dumped his wife and kids for an airline stewardess and nobody batted an eyelid.

It is not that we care, it is that combined with Trump's alleged rape of teenagers in sex parties of convicted pedophile Epstein, the Hollywood Access comments, comments made on the Howard Stern's show, and so on, it is just more of the same. Perv Elect Trump.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Malcolm wrote:It is not that we care, it is that combined with Trump's alleged rape of teenagers in sex parties of convicted pedophile Epstein, the Hollywood Access comments, comments made on the Howard Stern's show, and so on, it is just more of the same. Perv Elect Trump.
Rape is an illegal act of violence and has nothing to do with sex. Water sports, between consenting adults (albeit paid) is not illegal (especially not in Russia).

A rapist should not be put into the same category as somebody that has Queer sexual preferences, they should be put in the same category as a murderer or some other type of violent criminal.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Malcolm wrote:It is not that we care, it is that combined with Trump's alleged rape of teenagers in sex parties of convicted pedophile Epstein, the Hollywood Access comments, comments made on the Howard Stern's show, and so on, it is just more of the same. Perv Elect Trump.
Rape is an illegal act of violence and has nothing to do with sex. Water sports, between consenting adults (albeit paid) is not illegal (especially not in Russia).

A rapist should not be put into the same category as somebody that has Queer sexual preferences, they should be put in the same category as a murderer or some other type of violent criminal.

Rapists can be queer. But that is not the point. The point is a pattern of behavior of sexual exploitation and power.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

dzoki

Post by dzoki » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 pm

I wonder what would happen if those Russian tapes got out to the public. Would Republicans impeach Trump? I doubt it.

But if there were a tape of him with Ivanka, that would be some tough sh*t. Which honestly is not too unlikely.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 pm

dzoki wrote:I wonder what would happen if those Russian tapes got out to the public. Would Republicans impeach Trump? I doubt it.

But if there were a tape of him with Ivanka, that would be some tough sh*t. Which honestly is not too unlikely.
Historical antecedent: Richard M. Nixon.

At first, when Watergate started to break, the GOP stuck with their man. But when the depth and breadth of the problem came to light, Republicans could no longer stand the smell, got smart, and dumped him. It was the smart move strategically because Ford barely lost to Carter in 1976, and the GOP didn't get hurt long term--Reagan won in 1980, and they were competitive in Congress in a few cycles.

The GOP is many things, but stupid about tactic and strategy is not often one of them. They'll throw Trump under the bus if that is what it takes to hold and keep power.

By the way, Trump's current approval rating is 37%, even lower than where he was when elected. The last three incoming presidents had approval ratings above 60% when taking office. Let that sink in. Trump is deeply unpopular. What incentive to the Republicans have to keep him when he becomes an increasingly obvious liability?

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Seems somewhat like the Left's version of Fake News frankly. All this nonsense and media coverage, and I have yet to see any real proof, this document is so nebulous and strange.

Not that I would be surprised if any of this was legit, but this is all still just allegation, and from a questionable source it seems.

I really hope if this is indeed true that they make public something more damning than what they have.

The shame is that these did not come out publicly prior to the election, then we'd have such things on both sides.
Matt Iglesias lays out what is known and what is only speculated with some clarity here:

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/11/14232666/t ... llegations
the Russian blackmail theory is composed of two sub-elements, both of which are clearly true based on publicly available information. One is that Donald Trump has a curious and wrongheaded affection for the present government of Russia and its foreign policy. The other is that Donald Trump has engaged in scandalous conduct, the public revelation of which would cause a rational person to reduce their opinion of him.

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Looking at the band of corporate raiders that have been nominated for the cabinet, it is going to take a lot for the Republicans to abandon this smorgasborg. They've hit the jackpot - better than if any of their own choices had been elected.

In any event, impeachment or not, there is going to be enough fodder for four years of breathless 24hr opinion making, special committees and investigations, along with entire government apparatuses, like State Department and Intelligence, undermining the president that we may be able to get this machine ground to a halt.

To be honest, getting boring old Pence in the oval office with his pet rabbit might be substantially worse for progressive causes.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

K Tsomo

Post by K Tsomo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Grigoris wrote:Yeah, I also don't get this American obsession with their Presidents sexual behaviour. One of Greece's longest serving and popular Prime Ministers dumped his wife and kids for an airline stewardess and nobody batted an eyelid.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. :) You have to live in the place to get to know the place.

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Queequeg wrote:Looking at the band of corporate raiders that have been nominated for the cabinet, it is going to take a lot for the Republicans to abandon this smorgasborg. They've hit the jackpot - better than if any of their own choices had been elected.
Right. And because Trump doesn't know what he's doing in DC, he's relying heavily on insiders who do know which lever to pull. That cabinet and his creepy advisors are the ones making things happen.
In any event, impeachment or not, there is going to be enough fodder for four years of breathless 24hr opinion making, special committees and investigations, along with entire government apparatuses, like State Department and Intelligence, undermining the president that we may be able to get this machine ground to a halt.

To be honest, getting boring old Pence in the oval office with his pet rabbit might be substantially worse for progressive causes.
This is an important point. I think you are correct. The GOP leadership has surely calculated a tipping point past which Trump needs to go. When Pence comes in, and it is a question of when not if, I don't expect a lot of changes to Trump's cabinet.

With the exception of Tillerson. The Russia thing will sink him too. And good riddance.

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm

DGA wrote:The GOP leadership has surely calculated a tipping point past which Trump needs to go. When Pence comes in, and it is a question of when not if, I don't expect a lot of changes to Trump's cabinet.
I had not thought it through that far. You're probably right. At some point they figured out they had the perfect patsy. The only card Trump has is his supporters. In order for them to function as his shield, he has to have them riled up and foaming at the mouth, and that is hard to do, especially when they realize the government he is putting together is not going bring jobs to Columbus and Flynt, and is going to in fact strip out their medicare and medicaid, social security, etc. To keep that crowd whipped up, he would have continue his campaign around the country and sooner or later, that show is going to get boring. He's then going to find out he has no real clout at the midterms when he tries to remove congressmen and senators who aren't on his side. He's about to find out how little support you get from rank and file congressmen when you don't help them with fundraising and local campaigns.

When the Republican establishment figures they've gotten everything they can out of the guy and tire of the circus, they will come out looking like heroes for installing Pence who will bring that smarmy calm to DC and they'll then do enough to get him re-elected.

:facepalm:

If this is right, and I hope its not, this is an even worse scenario than Trump for 4 years.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Queequeg wrote: I had not thought it through that far. You're probably right. At some point they figured out they had the perfect patsy. The only card Trump has is his supporters. In order for them to function as his shield, he has to have them riled up and foaming at the mouth, and that is hard to do, especially when they realize the government he is putting together is not going bring jobs to Columbus and Flynt, and is going to in fact strip out their medicare and medicaid, social security, etc. To keep that crowd whipped up, he would have continue his campaign around the country and sooner or later, that show is going to get boring. He's then going to find out he has no real clout at the midterms when he tries to remove congressmen and senators who aren't on his side. He's about to find out how little support you get from rank and file congressmen when you don't help them with fundraising and local campaigns.
It's gonna be a lot easier for him to rile up his supporters with people bandying about these random, unvetted accusations likely originating with the intelligence community. In fact it's one nightmare scenario that could come from people's sudden embrace of this "fake news", a likely one IMO since so much of this unverifiable. It lends credence to Trump in the eyes of his followers, and takes people's eyes off what they should be focused on - building some kind of legitimate resistance to Trump and his plans. Additionally, what happens to Trump's already frightening dismissal and targeting of the media if these uncorroborated allegations are actually proved to be false? How would that affect his base?

So, great job American Deep State, from where I stand now it looks like this whole issue plays into Trump's narrative quite well.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.