Kill Daesh Jihadists from Britain says Government

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Kill Daesh Jihadists from Britain says Government

Post by DGA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Nemo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 am
When I was still involved with the army the thing in Syria was meant to be a honey pot so we could get all our radicals out of the country so we could murder them legally. Following them around was getting super boring and expensive. It was going to be drawn out and stalemated for 5 years with the first 18 months to 2 years going super well for them. We even paid guys in Turkey to help get them into Syria. How did that work out? I'm retired and ignored the whole thing.
Was this only one nation's perspective, or was this a consensus view with regard to Syria?

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:26 am

An Al-Jazeera article and video documentary on ISIS child soldiers.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/wit ... 45430.html
Lion Cubs of ISIL: Children of the Caliphate
Teenagers and young boys as well as their relatives and guardians give testimonies of life and death under ISIL.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:56 pm

I think if you have any inclining to true tantric practice this sort of stuff needs to be ignored and left to the warrior societies.
there is absolutely nothing one can do in a conventional sense to end this nightmare.

Nazis , roman legions, Hannibal, Isis, the list is endless...and will always be.

The first time america went to Iraq during Desert Storm all television was turned into the war 24/7.
i won't go into it but it got to me and i went from a peace and love end the war hippie to we gotta nuke em all...
i wanted people killed...very effective...
sad ...very sad ...
i now ignore this aspect of the world and leave it to the erm ahhhh "PROFESSIONALS " .

it just isn't my world...if i die due to issis or what ever...i shall enter the bardo without hate filled moments of wanting people killed for some arcane worldly matter...
i learned my lesson...

Return to “News & Current Events”