Trump Tweets

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Mantrik

Trump Tweets

Post by Mantrik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:47 pm

It seems he is determined to offend every possible group across the globe, but this tweet of far right hate videos may well mean he could be prosecuted for 'hate speech' if he sets foot here in the UK.

Here's what The Times reported about the reaction of the UK Parliament to his actions :

''President Trump faced unprecedented criticism in the Commons chamber today after sharing antiMuslim videos posted by a British farright group.

MPs called Mr Trump “fascist”, “stupid”, accused him of “spreading evil” and said he was “either racist, incompetent or unthinking or all three”, remarks of a vehemence never heard before about a US president in the British parliament.

Amber Rudd, the home secretary, suggested that she agreed with calls from MPs to delete his Twitter account, replying “I’m sure many of us might share his view” when Peter Bone, the Conservative backbencher, raised the prospect. One Labour MP, Paul Flynn, said that Mr Trump should be “charged with hate crimes” if he set foot in the UK.

Concluding the debate, John Bercow, the Speaker, said that the discussion had been “very important”.

However Ms Rudd was unable to say that the UK had formally requested that Mr Trump delete the tweet, and repeatedly said that the president’s state visit was still due to go ahead. “The invitation for the visit has been extended and accepted but the dates and precise arrangements have yet to be agreed,” she said.

The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, said that Theresa May should cancel the visit and demand an apology on behalf of the British people from the president. The Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable branded Mr Trump an “evil racist” who should not be given the honour of a state visit.

Overnight Mr Trump opened a public spat with Theresa May after she condemned his sharing of antiMuslim videos posted by the far right Britain First group.

The prime minister said that it was “wrong for the president to have done this” after he retweeted to his 44 million followers three posts by Jayda Fransen, deputy leader of Britain First, including unverified footage purporting to show murder and assault.

Early this morning Mr Trump tweeted: “Theresa @theresamay, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!”

His attempt to communicate with the prime minister was initially unsuccessful because she does not use the handle @theresamay. He sent a corrected tweet 15 minutes later.''

He can't even manage to contact the British PM without messing it up.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -csvmnhpbn
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Virgo
Global Moderator

Re: Trump Tweets

Post by Virgo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:11 pm

In general, he is the type of individual that whenever he is around anyone that he doesn't feel is like him, he becomes insecure and has to attack them right away. It's like the recent thing with the WW2 veteran Native American code breakers, where he acted like a total ass and just had to insult them. This will only continue as long as he is in office. I don't talk much about politics now, but during the elections I was really trying to get people to understand, and the next election cycle I will too. It's a sad day for the US and for the whole world, I must say.

Kevin

srivijaya

Post by srivijaya » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Shame on us (UK) if we let him in. Yes I know we have great ties with the USA but there can be no excuse to look the other way with this blatant promotion of the fascist Britain First group. Cancelling his state visit could be presented as a snub to the American people, so it would have to be made abundantly clear that it's a snub to Trump only. I think it would send a very powerful signal.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Trump is a fascist. So are his supporters.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:48 pm
Its absolutey true.

Kevin

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Malcolm wrote:
The world sees this man as being voted in by the vast majority of Americans. He is a poster on what America is all about .
Every day the image of America comes closer to to what Trump is all about. He and his administration are America and american Ideals.

I think he is a shill for the real power in America who wish to go to Total War on Terrorism and North Korea.

I did not have that view a few years ago. but it's like the only thing that makes sense to me anymore. through what i am told online and on television via various media.

We see the need for america being Great Again as a super power that in american eyes the world respects in such a manner. some need "IN" Americans to be a super power again...

I fear the next scenario building up to is thus.
He is going to obliterate North Korea and terrorism where it resides....

from the media and i have no idea where from... but i do .... get the idea somehow that:
The only war solution with North korea is an atomic strike that would stem the possibility of North Korea conventionally letting loose tens of thousands conventional shells pointed at Seoul.
it seems a normal thing America would do .

i'm only talking from what i see come across my television and news online...

i realize it is all madness..but part of me is being pivoted towards these ideals from what i see and read...

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm

The group whose videos he tweeted march around with crosses..............reminds me of the KKK.
All they need are the robes......wonder if POTUS has a spare set:

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:37 pm
Malcolm wrote:
The world sees this man as being voted in by the vast majority of Americans.
He wasn't.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm
Minobu wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
He wasn't.
Most of the world know this, it was reported here in the UK (except for the far right papers)
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Lobsang Chojor wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm
Minobu wrote:

He wasn't.
Most of the world know this, it was reported here in the UK (except for the far right papers)
actually you give the masses far too much credit.
and if you want to split hairs..he got in due to winning a majority.
the whole electoral and popular vote thing means nothing to the average schlub.
thats for the sour grape crowd....lol...

if you read my post it is all about optics.

so yeah shoot the messenger if you want..

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

He lost the popular vote by more than 3 million, and his electoral college win was by the very slimmest of margins, less than 100,000 votes determined the outcome. I hardly call that a majority. He won due to the fact that people in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio left the topic of the ticket empty, 80,000 people did this in Michigan, for example (the idiots).
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

He lost the popular vote by more than 3 million, and his electoral college win was by the very slimmest of margins, less than 100,000 votes determined the outcome. I hardly call that a majority. He won due to the fact that people in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio left the topic of the ticket empty, 80,000 people did this in Michigan, for example (the idiots).
seriously...do you honestly think in your heart of hearts that the vast...VAST MAJORITY of people in this world would even care to read that let alone understand it...

this is it Malcolm.
most people in the world feel Trump is just a reflection of what they deem America is all about.they don;t put any effort in thinking about it...or analyzing it...
they hear a majority of republican everything to do with government ,and the american people seemed to want this sort of thing...

i'm talking the street malcolm ...not some scholar or thinking person's view and understanding...
i dred to think what people in India or china think let alone the arab world ...

the lashout that is happening in the UK is a knee jerk reaction to his twitter feeds...which portray the guy a loon boon bigoted racist reactionary with his finger tapping the nuke button and threatening North Korea...

that spills over to the fact people voted him in...optics malcolm...it's all optics...

there are some people that view america as racist..bigoted ...power mongers and war mongers...and blame the cost of their personal life on america...who they deem rigs the system ...

Trump does not help squash this anti american sentiment but reinforces it BIG TIME....
optics malcolm..optics...

this is all i am trying to tell you...and your screaming the numbers in the election is pissing in the wind.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm

this is all i am trying to tell you...and your screaming the numbers in the election is pissing in the wind.
I understand quite well the perception of Trump in the world.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Yeah Malcolm... Why bore people with facts when they can rely on ignorant unsubstantiated opinion instead? :roll:

Minibus, you do realise that this appeal to basest ignorance and emotions is exactly what Fascism relies upon. Are you saying that people should not oppose it?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:07 pm
Minobu wrote:

but do you understand those consequence and the spill over that he ends up painting americans with that brush....

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm
Yeah Malcolm... Why hire people with facts when they can rely on ignorant unsubstantiated opinion instead? :roll:

Minibus, you do realise that this appeal to basest ignorance and emotions is exactly what Fascism relies upon. Are you saying that people should not oppose it?
obviously i see what it is...do you think i'm proposing this sort of thing..
minibus eh...you are the one playing it small by trying to act like i don't get it...

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Minobu wrote:

but do you understand those consequence and the spill over that he ends up painting americans with that brush....
America is the most powerful nation in the world. There will always be haters.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:18 pm
Minobu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 pm
Malcolm wrote:

America is the most powerful nation in the world. There will always be haters.
it's boasts like that , that only lead to the reasons why people wonder why americans put Trump in power.

lol...

in any case...i am just trying to show you that the small minded react with knee jerk reaction...not unlike your post...

or the new mod's minibus innuendo with his little question...

we live in a world of reactionary and small minded people...

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Well, in the absence of a scientific peer-reviewed paper, I can say that nobody I have met equates Trump with US society in general.

You surely don't need an IQ much above 100 to know he is an aberration, or to assume those with an IQ below 100 or anger issues voted for him.

Sure, people don't really understand how Americans elected such a dolt, but those I know assume that, as with Brexit and with Corbyn, the electorate had a temporary madness and now deeply regrets it.

Minobu

Post by Minobu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm
Yeah Malcolm... Why bore people with facts when they can rely on ignorant unsubstantiated opinion instead? :roll:

you know the whole premise of my posts in this thread are anti fascist , anti bigoted anti everything that Trump is...
it's plain to see ..

I'm also anti populace uninformed painting an entire nation with a brush....

so you decide to use the word minibus and ask a question of me...that is obviously moot ...
why? so you can call me minibus...very enlightened and Buddhist of you ! excellent modshipness as well...the quality of the mods have risen to a new high...thank the DW gods.

Return to “News & Current Events”