Right Wing and Left Wing Totalitairianism and Fascism

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Buddhist Billionaire plans to change China

Post by Grigoris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Never trust a billionaire.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 pm
He has a 3 year timetable to bring the rule of law & freedom to China:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/billionaire-g ... 46185.html
Guo said he has met ten times with Bannon, the one-time Goldman Sachs investment banker and head of influential ultraconservative outlet Breitbart News and that they have discussed his new platform, which he did not describe in detail.
Bannon is a fascist who actively promotes those who molest underage women.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm
Never trust anybody.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.

Motova

Post by Motova » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 pm

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Never trust anybody.
:good:
Malcolm wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:58 pm
The four means of converting beings to the Dharma are generosity (which itself as four aspects: giving material gifts, conferring fearlessness, loving kindness and teaching Dharma), pleasant speech, conduct and setting an example.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:55 pm

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Never trust anybody.
No. I am not that paranoid. There are good reasons to not trust a billionaire.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:21 pm
Nicholas Weeks wrote:

Guo said he has met ten times with Bannon, the one-time Goldman Sachs investment banker and head of influential ultraconservative outlet Breitbart News and that they have discussed his new platform, which he did not describe in detail.
Never trust a Fascist.

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Nicholas Weeks wrote:

Never trust a Fascist.
never trust a guy with a beard :rolling:
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Fa Dao wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Never trust a Fascist.
Bzzzzzzt... Irrelevant comparison. Try again. Not all bearded guys support Holocausts and ethnic cleansing, racism, sexism, etc... Nor are all bearded guys responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people... Fascists, on the other hand...

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 pm
Fa Dao wrote:
Grigoris wrote:
Never trust a Fascist.
Bzzzzzzt... Irrelevant comparison. Try again. Not all bearded guys support Holocausts and ethnic cleansing, racism, sexism, etc... Nor are all bearded guys responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people... Fascists, on the other hand...
hmmm...I dunno Greg...you do bear a striking resemblance to Castro...could be his little brother or cousin or something...and just for the sake of clarity, if you look closely I also have a beard and have been called a fascist on here many times....there just might be a correlation...enquiring minds want to know! the TRUTH is out there!
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am

Fa Dao wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:

hmmm...I dunno Greg...you do bear a striking resemblance to Castro...could be his little brother or cousin or something...and just for the sake of clarity, if you look closely I also have a beard and have been called a fascist on here many times....there just might be a correlation...enquiring minds want to know! the TRUTH is out there!
If you voted for Trump and are a fanboy of Bannon, than you are a fascist. If not...
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Fa Dao

Post by Fa Dao » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:23 am

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am
Fa Dao wrote:
Grigoris wrote:

If you voted for Trump and are a fanboy of Bannon, than you are a fascist. If not...
We were given a choice between a turd pie and a crap sandwich...I realized I didnt have to choose either...so I didnt. That being said, I do believe that in the long term that history will show that trump is the very slightly lesser of two evils...not to mention the fact that the far left is just as fascist as the far right...

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 am

Fa Dao wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:23 am
We were given a choice between a turd pie and a crap sandwich...I realized I didnt have to choose either...so I didnt. That being said, I do believe that in the long term that history will show that trump is the very slightly lesser of two evils...not to mention the fact that the far left is just as fascist as the far right...
Fascism is, by definition, a far-right political movement. There is no such thing as a "fascism of the left." That's a contradiction in terms.

The far left has its problems, of course. These are mostly to do with being totally marginalized, disorganized, undisciplined, &c.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 am

DGA wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 am
Fa Dao wrote:
Fascism is, by definition, a far-right political movement. There is no such thing as a "fascism of the left." That's a contradiction in terms.

The far left has its problems, of course. These are mostly to do with being totally marginalized, disorganized, undisciplined, &c.
So you would classify Vlad Pushkatin a far-right fascist or a communist that manipulates the far-right fascist movements for his benefit?

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 am
DGA wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:

So you would classify Vlad Pushkatin a far-right fascist or a communist that manipulates the far-right fascist movements for his benefit?

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 am

Malcolm wrote:Bannon is a fascist who actively promotes those who molest underage women.
And looses! :twothumbsup: :rolling:
Only practice with no gaining idea ~ Suzuki-roshi

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 am
DGA wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:

Who is Vlad Pushkatin?

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:22 am

Fa Dao wrote:
Grigoris wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:

I am obviously not going to have an intelligent discussion with you.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 am

Can we all, including me, please refrain from trolling?

Thanks.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Fa Dao wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am
Fa Dao wrote:

We were given a choice between a turd pie and a crap sandwich...I realized I didnt have to choose either...so I didnt. That being said, I do believe that in the long term that history will show that trump is the very slightly lesser of two evils...
No, history will show no such thing. Hillary Clinton is not evil, she is mundane and clumsy, but not evil.
not to mention the fact that the far left is just as fascist as the far right...
I think the word you are searching for is "totalitarian."

The far left isn't fascist, they can't be. Why? They are not nationalist (a defining feature of all Fascist movements in history), nor are they anti-semitic or racist.

These days, the far left is made up primarily of anarchists, but there are no totalitarian anarchists. It is contradiction in terms to call anarchists either "totalitarians" or "fascists." Engaging in street violence does not make one a fascist.

Now, communists are definitely totalitarian (dictatorship of the proletariat and all that bunk), but they are a vanishingly rare breed.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 am
Malcolm wrote:Bannon is a fascist who actively promotes those who molest underage women.
And looses! :twothumbsup: :rolling:
Yes, thank Buddha. And it was telling yesterday's election happened on Dakini day.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Return to “News & Current Events”