Right Wing and Left Wing Totalitairianism and Fascism

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Right Wing and Left Wing Totalitairianism and Fascism

Post by Grigoris » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 pm

malcolm wrote:...
I just remembered why I stopped discussing with you. Thanks for reminding me.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Brunelleschi wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm
Right, but you can't really make the claim with a straight face that there would be no difference between say the Islamic Empire in Andalusia or the Ottoman Empire and the Aboriginal Australians in terms of development?
Yes I can and I explained why, obviously you did not read my explanation.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 am

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:17 pm
After all, humans are generally destructive to their environment. It is not a Western thing specifically.
The Rapa Nui and their trees.
世尊在靈山會上拈華示眾眾皆默然唯迦葉破顏微笑世尊云
The Lord dwelt at the Vulture Peak with the assembly and plucked a flower as a teaching. The myriad totality were silent, save for Kāśyapa, whose face cracked in a faint smile. The Lord spoke.
吾有正法眼藏涅槃妙心實相無相微妙法門不立文字教外別傳付囑摩訶迦葉。
I have the treasure of the true dharma eye, I have nirvāṇa as wondrous citta, I know signless dharmatā, the subtle dharma-gate, which is not standing on written word, which is external to scriptures, which is a special dispensation, which is entrusted to Mahākāśyapa.

नस्वातोनापिपरतोनद्वाभ्यांनाप्यहेतुतः
उत्पन्नाजातुविद्यन्तेभावाःक्वचनकेचन

Brunelleschi

Post by Brunelleschi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 pm
Brunelleschi wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm
Right, but you can't really make the claim with a straight face that there would be no difference between say the Islamic Empire in Andalusia or the Ottoman Empire and the Aboriginal Australians in terms of development?
Yes I can and I explained why, obviously you did not read my explanation.
No I read it friend. Just not convinced that's all. This is hardly mainstream scholarship?
:thumbsup:

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Brunelleschi wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:51 pm
No I read it friend. Just not convinced that's all. This is hardly mainstream scholarship?
:thumbsup:
You do know that Aboriginal culture is oral? You are also aware of the fact that 90% of Aborigines were killed in the first 130 years of white colonisation?

So would it surprise you that a large portion of their contributions in terms of poetry, philosophy, mathematics, astronomy etc. may have been lost? Even so. There is still a wealth of knowledge and culture there. But seriously though...

Even if you lived in Australia all your life, there is a serious probability that you would never meet an Aboriginal. Especially if you lived in Tasmania, or did not travel into specific inner city suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne. The further north of Sydney that one travels, the higher the probability you will meet Aboriginal people. It was only because I was involved in support of Aboriginal Rights that I managed to have some encounters. It was only because I was actively interested that I managed to learn some bits and pieces about their culture. They are not all that trusting of white people (even browner one's like me) strangely enough.

In Aotearoa it was a different story. Given Maori are 15% of the population I had Maori school mates, teachers, etc... We were taught and shared in their culture, language, religion, etc...

So yes, I am convinced that their cultures do not differ from other cultures in levels of development. They just had a different development.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Traditional Aboriginal Healing at Santi
http://santifm.org/santi/2017/12/28/tra ... -at-santi/

Return to “News & Current Events”