Wolff book about Trump

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
boda
Posts: 1817
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by boda » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am
Aside from legit publication, every pirate site in the world will now have the pdf.

Yup, just downloaded it. :smile:
There's an audio version on youtube, in two parts.

User avatar
Virgo
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: The American Colosseum

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Virgo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:10 am

Malcolm wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 pm
Yes, it is really going to be fun watching the USS Donald Trump sink with all hands...


Kevin

climb-up
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by climb-up » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 am

OMG!!!!
It's weird though, because most of this stuff is precisely the same stuff that everyone's been saying since before the election...
...but I have to read this.
I can't handle reading a full book on-line, it'll either need to be purchased or I'll sit and wait till my library hold comes through.

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Mantrik » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Trump's Twitter responses to the book so far are increasingly odd.

He seems keen to prove he has an IQ of around 80, a reading age of 8 and the EQ of a 6 year old.
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

climb-up
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by climb-up » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:48 pm
Trump's Twitter responses to the book so far are increasingly odd.

He seems keen to prove he has an IQ of around 80, a reading age of 8 and the EQ of a 6 year old.
I just commented on an article about his tweets on facebook;
His attempts to affirm himself as being intelligent and "a very stable genius" are just emphasizing how accurate all the points in the book seem to be!

Michael Wolff said he should send Trump a box of chocolates for helping out so much with the book!

User avatar
Fa Dao
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Fa Dao » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 pm

I dont know man...smells like a setup...like some kind of misdirection...
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

climb-up
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by climb-up » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 pm

Fa Dao wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 pm
I dont know man...smells like a setup...like some kind of misdirection...
The book, or the entire Trump presidency?
...or both?

User avatar
Fa Dao
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Fa Dao » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 am

climb-up wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 pm
Fa Dao wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 pm
I dont know man...smells like a setup...like some kind of misdirection...
The book, or the entire Trump presidency?
...or both?
The book, but I suppose you could also say his entire presidency as well. Everyone keeps making the mistake, IMO, of underestimating this man and until that stops he wont be stopped and will go on to win in 2020.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 7828
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 am

Fa Dao wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 am
climb-up wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 pm
Fa Dao wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 pm
I dont know man...smells like a setup...like some kind of misdirection...
The book, or the entire Trump presidency?
...or both?
The book, but I suppose you could also say his entire presidency as well. Everyone keeps making the mistake, IMO, of underestimating this man and until that stops he wont be stopped and will go on to win in 2020.
He's a joke, so incompetent it's almost impossible to underestimate him. The problem is the lack of a coherent alternative message. A large part of Trumps success is the almost complete lack of a competing message. It allows him pull the most shameless stuff and 'but see, at least I'm talking to you'..

So it's less about underestimating him than about grossly overestimating the paltry 'resistance'.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 16697
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Grigoris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 am

The president of the U$ does not need to be smart or competent, he jut needs the support of (and to support) the most powerful lobby groups.

A charismatic (or in this case: anti-charismatic) bumbling idiot, is more valuable than a competent and intelligent stiff (cf Bernie Sanders).

One could compare his antics to Mussolini, but I would be more inclined to compare him to Berlusconi.

Image

Just that the organised criminals backing and controlling Trump are a little more powerful...

They have the same pal as well...

Image

There is no doubt that the man is a fool, but the people lurking in the shadows behind him are not. They will toss him out when they no longer need him. You can be sure that this is no freak occurrence. For fraks sake: Nobody becomes president of the U$ by mistake! This is a well orchestrated circus with the main draw-card being the clown.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Mantrik » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Of course Trump suits certain powers in the US or he would already be gone. He can try to avoid poisoning but he can be shot anytime they please.

The problem will come when he stops claiming to control such things as worldwide plane safety or the weather, denying factual evidence even of attendance figures at his inauguration, thinking he is a sex god as opposed to a fat rich old perv...........and convinces himself he can nuke those he sees as enemies and become an even more wonderful person.

Still, now we know he is a stable genius with a big button what could possibly go wrong?
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27368
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Malcolm » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Fa Dao wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 am
climb-up wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 pm
Fa Dao wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 pm
I dont know man...smells like a setup...like some kind of misdirection...
The book, or the entire Trump presidency?
...or both?
The book, but I suppose you could also say his entire presidency as well. Everyone keeps making the mistake, IMO, of underestimating this man and until that stops he wont be stopped and will go on to win in 2020.

Oh for lord's sake -- that idiot only won by 77K votes in the three states which were crucial to his electoral college win, and in those states the Green Party took votes away from Democrats the latter otherwise would have had.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
Dan74
Founding Member
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Dan74 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 am
The president of the U$ does not need to be smart or competent, he jut needs the support of (and to support) the most powerful lobby groups.

A charismatic (or in this case: anti-charismatic) bumbling idiot, is more valuable than a competent and intelligent stiff (cf Bernie Sanders).

One could compare his antics to Mussolini, but I would be more inclined to compare him to Berlusconi.

Image

Just that the organised criminals backing and controlling Trump are a little more powerful...

They have the same pal as well...

Image

There is no doubt that the man is a fool, but the people lurking in the shadows behind him are not. They will toss him out when they no longer need him. You can be sure that this is no freak occurrence. For fraks sake: Nobody becomes president of the U$ by mistake! This is a well orchestrated circus with the main draw-card being the clown.
:good:
Last edited by Grigoris on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote function

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Mantrik » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Image

Image
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
TharpaChodron
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 am
Location: California

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by TharpaChodron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:25 am


PeterC
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by PeterC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 am

It would still not be a good idea to bet on a Democrat win in 2020. It is their absolute, pathetic failure as a party that has given us Trump's farcical presidency just as much as it was the venality of the Republicans. The same combination could quite possibly give us President Pence in 2020 if Trump has crashed and burned by that point. A Democrat senate this year is certainly possible, but that's the most we can reasonably hope for.

User avatar
Wayfarer
Posts: 3762
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Wayfarer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 am

I object to this talk about Trump’s ‘mental state’. It’s his intellectual capacity that is at issue.
Only practice with no gaining idea ~ Suzuki-roshi

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27368
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

PeterC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 am
It would still not be a good idea to bet on a Democrat win in 2020. It is their absolute, pathetic failure as a party that has given us Trump's farcical presidency just as much as it was the venality of the Republicans. The same combination could quite possibly give us President Pence in 2020 if Trump has crashed and burned by that point. A Democrat senate this year is certainly possible, but that's the most we can reasonably hope for.
Actually, the Dems took the popular vote by more than 3 million. Had they run anyone other than Clinton, they would have won hands down. The Green Party, once again, screwed the Dems and left us with Trump. It is a fact that the Green Party took enough votes away from the Dems in Penn, Oh, and Wis to turn the electoral college in favor of Trump.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
Fa Dao
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Fa Dao » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm
PeterC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 am
It would still not be a good idea to bet on a Democrat win in 2020. It is their absolute, pathetic failure as a party that has given us Trump's farcical presidency just as much as it was the venality of the Republicans. The same combination could quite possibly give us President Pence in 2020 if Trump has crashed and burned by that point. A Democrat senate this year is certainly possible, but that's the most we can reasonably hope for.
Actually, the Dems took the popular vote by more than 3 million. Had they run anyone other than Clinton, they would have won hands down. The Green Party, once again, screwed the Dems and left us with Trump. It is a fact that the Green Party took enough votes away from the Dems in Penn, Oh, and Wis to turn the electoral college in favor of Trump.
Malcolm, with all due respect that is getting to be a rather lame argument. Bottomline, #1 Clinton was a horrible candidate, too many controversies over too many years as well as her being the poster child for establishment politics #2 You know full well that the electoral college is in place because if it wasn't then California, Texas, and New York would decide virtually all of the presidential elections...and nobody wants that. and #3 Trump, for all of his incredibly obvious downfalls knew this and outplayed her and the DNC at their own game. Its ridiculous to think/say that all of Trumps supporters are white nationalists/racists..that would be almost half the country. People all over the country are sick to death of "establishment politics as usual" and Trump, just like Bernie (who I DID vote for) represented a break from that. Sorry man, she lost fair and square..get over it and move on so that he doesn't do it again in 2020. Please understand...it truly is not my intention to piss you off...
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27368
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Wolff book about Trump

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Fa Dao wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm
PeterC wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:58 am
It would still not be a good idea to bet on a Democrat win in 2020. It is their absolute, pathetic failure as a party that has given us Trump's farcical presidency just as much as it was the venality of the Republicans. The same combination could quite possibly give us President Pence in 2020 if Trump has crashed and burned by that point. A Democrat senate this year is certainly possible, but that's the most we can reasonably hope for.
Actually, the Dems took the popular vote by more than 3 million. Had they run anyone other than Clinton, they would have won hands down. The Green Party, once again, screwed the Dems and left us with Trump. It is a fact that the Green Party took enough votes away from the Dems in Penn, Oh, and Wis to turn the electoral college in favor of Trump.
Malcolm, with all due respect that is getting to be a rather lame argument. Bottomline, #1 Clinton was a horrible candidate, too many controversies over too many years as well as her being the poster child for establishment politics
Addressed in the second sentence.

#2 You know full well that the electoral college is in place because if it wasn't then California, Texas, and New York would decide virtually all of the presidential elections...and nobody wants that.
I do.
and #3 Trump, for all of his incredibly obvious downfalls knew this and outplayed her and the DNC at their own game.
No he hasn't. He is a bumbling fool who thought he was going to lose.

Its ridiculous to think/say that all of Trumps supporters are white nationalists/racists..that would be almost half the country.
White people are pretty racist, in my experience, even in Massachusetts. Can't tell you how many times I have heard the N word attached to Obama's name, even up here. Given our history, thinking that almost half the country is racist really isn't a stretch at all.
People all over the country are sick to death of "establishment politics as usual" ...
Well, they did not get that. They got a stronger Mitch McConnel and more deeply embedded establishment politics. Trump is doing the bidding of the establishment. To quote McConnel, "He will sign whatever we put on his desk." Trump himself stated as much yesterday.

Sorry man, she lost fair and square..get over it and move on so that he doesn't do it again in 2020. Please understand...it truly is not my intention to piss you off...
I never said she did not lose fair and square. What I said was that votes for the Greens put Trump over the top in three battleground states -- this is demonstrable. But Clinton lost because she was a terrible candidate with an entitlement problem. But she would have been a far better president than Trump, as Bernie has said repeatedly.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Meggo and 36 guests