Will Oprah Run for President?

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Queequeg
Global Moderator

Re: Will Oprah Run for President?

Post by Queequeg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 pm
Queequeg wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm
Idiocracy: it seems fiction has become reality.
It can't be all bad.

Look, if we take this idiocracy to its extreme, we might be able to avert wars in the future by holding head of state pay per view cage matches. In which case, again, the Rock 2020!
Hillary would kick his ass. She is a very resourceful woman.

#CageMatchHillaryVSTrump the redo of the election.
No thanks. If the Clintons have any decency, they will not impose themselves on the country again and just retire to Chapaqua so I can limit my exposure to running into them at the Stone Barns farmer's market.
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in.
Great for solving problems, after it creates the problems."
-Modest Mouse

"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world!"
-The Grateful Dead

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Queequeg wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Coëmgenu wrote:
Queequeg wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm

It can't be all bad.

Look, if we take this idiocracy to its extreme, we might be able to avert wars in the future by holding head of state pay per view cage matches. In which case, again, the Rock 2020!

No thanks. If the Clintons have any decency, they will not impose themselves on the country again and just retire to Chapaqua so I can limit my exposure to running into them at the Stone Barns farmer's market.
Ummmm but she can beat Trump and the Rock in a cage match. Therefore she deserves to be president. Regardless of Clinton-ness or lack thereof.
子念昔貧,志意下劣,今於父所,大獲珍寶,并及舍宅、一切財物。甚大歡喜,得未曾有。
The son thought of past poverty, outlook humble, now having from father a treasure harvest, also father's house, all his wealth. Great joy - to have what was never before had.

Τῆς πατρῴας, δόξης σου, ἀποσκιρτήσας ἀφρόνως, ἐν κακοῖς ἐσκόρπισα, ὅν μοι παρέδωκας πλοῦτον· ὅθεν σοι τὴν τοῦ Ἀσώτου, φωνὴν κραυγάζω· Ἥμαρτον ἐνώπιόν σου Πάτερ οἰκτίρμον, δέξαι με μετανοοῦντα, καὶ ποίησόν με, ὡς ἕνα τῶν μισθίων σου.
Your fatherly due I withheld unthinking, in evil I wasted your wealth; a prodigal cries, "I've erred, father, receive the repentant as serf."

妙法蓮華經 Κοντάκιον τοῦ Ἀσώτου

Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
Queequeg wrote:
Coëmgenu wrote:

Ummmm but she can beat Trump and the Rock in a cage match. Therefore she deserves to be president. Regardless of Clinton-ness or lack thereof.
You win. I tap out.
“Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos.”
-Henry Miller

"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in.
Great for solving problems, after it creates the problems."
-Modest Mouse

"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world!"
-The Grateful Dead

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Queequeg wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 pm
Coëmgenu wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm
Queequeg wrote:

You win. I tap out.
The next level was having you fight Hillary in a cage match.

Don't underestimate her. She knows krav maga. You can't prove she doesn't.
子念昔貧,志意下劣,今於父所,大獲珍寶,并及舍宅、一切財物。甚大歡喜,得未曾有。
The son thought of past poverty, outlook humble, now having from father a treasure harvest, also father's house, all his wealth. Great joy - to have what was never before had.

Τῆς πατρῴας, δόξης σου, ἀποσκιρτήσας ἀφρόνως, ἐν κακοῖς ἐσκόρπισα, ὅν μοι παρέδωκας πλοῦτον· ὅθεν σοι τὴν τοῦ Ἀσώτου, φωνὴν κραυγάζω· Ἥμαρτον ἐνώπιόν σου Πάτερ οἰκτίρμον, δέξαι με μετανοοῦντα, καὶ ποίησόν με, ὡς ἕνα τῶν μισθίων σου.
Your fatherly due I withheld unthinking, in evil I wasted your wealth; a prodigal cries, "I've erred, father, receive the repentant as serf."

妙法蓮華經 Κοντάκιον τοῦ Ἀσώτου

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 am

I vote for Emma Watson.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

If we are going to have entertainers running for the job, personally, I believe Ernest Borgnine should be president of the U$. I reckon he can do a better job as a rotting corpse in a grave, than Trump or Clinton could ever do.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde