UK football invest in Tibet water

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

UK football invest in Tibet water

Post by Kim O'Hara » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am

Liverpool has scored an own goal -- signing a sponsorship deal with Chinese company Tibet Water, who use China’s brutal military occupation in Tibet to bottle and sell Tibetan resources.

Will you tell Liverpool FC’s directors to stop supporting human rights abuses and end this deal?

The exploding price of players means clubs are looking to China to make sponsorship deals for revenue. But in doing so, Liverpool FC has sleepwalked into one of the world’s most brutal territories. Under Chinese rule, Tibetans are beaten and tortured for their beliefs. Click here https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-live ... bet-water/ to tell Liverpool to end the deal.
:namaste:
Kim

tingdzin

Re: UK football invest in Tibet water

Post by tingdzin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 am

Thanks

What jerks.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am

Liverpool has scored an own goal -- signing a sponsorship deal with Chinese company Tibet Water, who use China’s brutal military occupation in Tibet to bottle and sell Tibetan resources.

Will you tell Liverpool FC’s directors to stop supporting human rights abuses and end this deal?

The exploding price of players means clubs are looking to China to make sponsorship deals for revenue. But in doing so, Liverpool FC has sleepwalked into one of the world’s most brutal territories. Under Chinese rule, Tibetans are beaten and tortured for their beliefs. Click here https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-live ... bet-water/ to tell Liverpool to end the deal.
:namaste:
Kim

Done.
If you use the word 'mind' without defining your terms I will ask you politely for a definition. :smile:
This is not to be awkward. But it's really not self-explanatory.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 am

I hope there's some traction in the UK and in Liverpool in particular against this nonsense. What a shame.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 am

I hope so too. But we have to be realistic. Most football fans have no idea at all about the business enterprises of their favourite club, enterprises which are conducted by finance guys who see what happens on the pitch is an irrelevance to them.
If you use the word 'mind' without defining your terms I will ask you politely for a definition. :smile:
This is not to be awkward. But it's really not self-explanatory.

Return to “News & Current Events”