Insulting a religion

The best place for discussion of current events. News about Buddhists and Buddhism is particularly welcome.
Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Insulting a religion

Post by Grigoris » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 am

Bristollad wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:10 am
Coëmgenu wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:44 pm
I guess no one tells Queen Elizabeth that she's bad at cutting ribbons. No one tells/told King Bhumibol he should work on his intonation.
Lèse majesté is not an offense in the UK. People are free to voice their dissatisfaction with the Monarch and the Royal Family. According to Wikipedia:
United Kingdom
Section 51 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 abolished the common law criminal offences of sedition and "leasing-making". The latter offence, also known as "lease /ˈliːz/ making", was considered an offence of lèse-majesté or making remarks critical of the monarch of the United Kingdom. The final prosecution for this offence had occurred in 1715
Certainly. I had meant it as a joke. King Bhumibol ' saxophone playing is very over hyped. I didn't mean to imply that England was a backward monarchy. Even the Thai monarchy is fully constitutionalized.
नस्वातो नापिपरतो नद्वाभ्यां नाप्यहेतुतः उत्पन्ना जातु विद्यन्ते भावाः क्वचन केचन
There absolutely are no things, nowhere and none, that arise anew, neither out of themselves, nor out of non-self, nor out of both, nor at random.
सर्वं तथ्यं न वा तथ्यं तथ्यं चातथ्यम् एव च नैवातथ्यं नैव तथ्यम् एतद् बुद्धानुशासनम्
All is so, or all is not so, both so and not so, neither so nor not so. This is the Buddha's teaching.

一切實非實亦實亦非實
非實非非實是名諸佛法

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:45 am

Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “News & Current Events”