Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Simon E.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Simon E. »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 pm Tsegyalgar East has been doing a daily webcast of Guru Yoga, shorter Ganapuja, and Marme Monlam at 7 P.M. EST on THEIR webcast channel.

DS
:namaste:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Another teacher supporting us right now is Lama Denys, of the Shangpa Kagyu Rime sangha:

"En l’esprit du Maitre Namkaï Norbu Rinpoche, nous pratiquons l’Ati Guru Yoga nous joignant à nos frères et sœurs de la communauté Dzogchen. En communion, de cœur à cœur.

Shangpa Lama Denys et la communauté Rimay."
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
meepits

Post by meepits »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 pm Another teacher supporting us right now is Lama Denys, of the Shangpa Kagyu Rime sangha:

"En l’esprit du Maitre Namkaï Norbu Rinpoche, nous pratiquons l’Ati Guru Yoga nous joignant à nos frères et sœurs de la communauté Dzogchen. En communion, de cœur à cœur.

That’s beautiful of them
treehuggingoctopus

meepits wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 pm Another teacher supporting us right now is Lama Denys, of the Shangpa Kagyu Rime sangha:

That’s beautiful of them
It is.

I still keep feeling utterly astounded by the incredible response of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and his sangha -- and some of his local sanghas in particular. The Polish Ligmincha sangha is now practicing our Ati Guru Yoga daily, with the intention of benefitting our teacher and sangha.

Edmond Jabès
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Aye... :heart:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 pm
meepits wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm

That’s beautiful of them
It is.

I still keep feeling utterly astounded by the incredible response of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and his sangha -- and some of his local sanghas in particular. The Polish Ligmincha sangha is now practicing our Ati Guru Yoga daily, with the intention of benefitting our teacher and sangha.
:twothumbsup:
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Quay

Post by Quay »

The son and dharma heir of the late Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche & the sangha and seat of the Dudjom Tersar immediately expressed their support when the news first broke:
Dudjom Tersar Yeshe Nyingpo Temple NYC & Orgyen Cho Dzong Upstate NY
September 16 at 3:54 PM ·
Our family and Sangha members send out our hearts and prayers to Rinpoche's family, loved ones and his Sangha .
~ Namgay Dawa R
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
treehuggingoctopus

Thank you, Quay! Great to know.
I know that other Dudjom Tersar lamas (including Lopon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche) have been doing practices for the benefit of Rinpoche and the DC as well.

Edmond Jabès
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Are there any more elaborate explanations available of the Guru Yoga of the White A practice that we're focusing on just now?

I have the Guruyoga book, which has a nice, very concise commentary, but I could use a little more elaboration.
Josef

Post by Josef »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm Are there any more elaborate explanations available of the Guru Yoga of the White A practice that we're focusing on just now?

I have the Guruyoga book, which has a nice, very concise commentary, but I could use a little more elaboration.
Anything really. Ati Guru Yoga is the essence of all yanas. Practicing diligently is far better than reading a bunch of books though. The Guru Yoga book is sufficient.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Finney

Post by Finney »

Rec'd via email:
Cari tutti,
il Maestro è arrivato questo pomeriggio alle ore 17,30 alla sua residenza di Gadeling, Merigar.
Le pratiche continuano regolarmente come da programma.

Dear all,
our precious Master arrived at 5:30 pm. at his residence at Gadeling, Merigar.
We continue to perform the practices as programmed.
I admit I don't know if this is good news (Rinpoche is recovering) or sad news (sent home to be comfortable during final hours).

Back to Guru Yoga... :meditate:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Finney wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm Rec'd via email:
Cari tutti,
il Maestro è arrivato questo pomeriggio alle ore 17,30 alla sua residenza di Gadeling, Merigar.

Dear all,
I admit I don't know if this is good news (Rinpoche is recovering) or sad news (sent home to be comfortable during final hours).

We have all been asked by the family to maintain silence on social media platforms from this day forward apart from official news such as you have shared.
ratna

Post by ratna »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm Are there any more elaborate explanations available of the Guru Yoga of the White A practice that we're focusing on just now?

There's an MP3 with explanation and practice available on Shangshung store.

There's also an explanation in the old Dzogchen Ritual Practices book, but it's not very elaborate either.

R
Finney

Post by Finney »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:59 pm
Cari tutti,

Dear all,

We have all been asked by the family to maintain silence on social media platforms from this day forward apart from official news such as you have shared.
Malcolm, are you saying that I shouldn't have shared this email (info from Merigar)? Didn't think it was different from other official emails shared here, but if it was inappropriate I'll remove it asap.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Finney wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Malcolm, are you saying that I shouldn't have shared this email (info from Merigar)? Didn't think it was different from other official emails shared here, but if it was inappropriate I'll remove it asap.
It was about the speculation not about the email.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Finney, if you read carefully, what I said was that apart from communications which you shared, we should maintain silence, according to a request that can be found in the mirror on Facebook— so no worries.
Finney

Post by Finney »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm

Finney, if you read carefully, what I said was that apart from communications which you shared, we should maintain silence, according to a request that can be found in the mirror on Facebook— so no worries.
Thanks, Malcolm. Should've taken your post at its grammatical word rather than wonder if it was to be parsed differently.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Anyone managed to pick up the most recent webcast?
I've not managed to connect this evening or yesterday evening for the White A.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

in the longsal series there is the record of it's source, but i don't know if for reading this part in particular one needs empowerment, i would say yes.

GY of GD appears in the secondary practice booklet, but truly there isn't a better GY, it should be the main <3
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 pm
GY of GD appears in the secondary practice booklet, but truly there isn't a better GY, it should be the main <3
Guruyoga is Guruyoga, surely. You are expressing an individual preference.......or less kindly, a limitation. Mine is Nangsi Silnön ;)
Last edited by Mantrik on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Dzogchen”