Dzamling Gar Song - text and meaning from CNN (link)

A Mirror

Dzamling Gar Song - text and meaning from CNN (link)

Post by A Mirror » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Dear all,
I recently found this explanation of the "Dzamling Gar song" (Khalongdorjeikar of the Song of the Vajra)
given by master CNN during his retreats.

Publication by The Mirror:
http://melong.com/dzamling-gar-song

Dzamling Gar Song contain the essence of the Dzogchen teachings and behavior suggestions for the Dzogchen community, as explained by the master.

Various groups of SMS instructors are working together to interpretate it and making a booklet to release soon.

in the meanwhile you can read the explanation above extracted from several CNN teachings and speechs during his life and get inspiration for your practice.

Vasana

Re: Dzamling Gar Song - text and meaning from CNN (link)

Post by Vasana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm

A Mirror wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:13 pm
Dear all,
I recently found this explanation of the "Dzamling Gar song" (Khalongdorjeikar of the Song of the Vajra)

Dzamling Gar Song contain the essence of the Dzogchen teachings and behavior suggestions for the Dzogchen community, as explained by the master.

Various groups of SMS instructors are working together to interpretate it and making a booklet to release soon.

in the meanwhile you can read the explanation above extracted from several CNN teachings and speechs during his life and get inspiration for your practice.

Thanks for sharing.

Just a correction though - Khalong dorjei kar of the Song of the Vajra is not the same thing as the Dzamling Gar song. it's one of the Vajra Dances.
ཨོཾ ་ མ ་ ཎི ་ པ ་ དྨེ ་ ཧཱུྃ ། འ ་ ཨ ་ ཧ ་ ཤ ་ ས ་ མ །
Om Mani Peme Hum ། 'A Ah Ha Sha Sa Ma
'When alone, watch your mind,When with others, watch your speech' - Old Kadampa saying

florin

Post by florin » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Vasana wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm
A Mirror wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks for sharing.

Just a correction though - Khalong dorjei kar of the Song of the Vajra is not the same thing as the Dzamling Gar song. it's one of the Vajra Dances.
If i am not mistaken there is a dance called the dance of the 12 A's that goes by the same name, Khalongdorjekar. It could be that they are one and the same thing with the one you mention above.

But yes, like you i didn't think it would be related to the "Dzamling gar song".

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 pm

florin wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:49 pm

If i am not mistaken there is a dance called the dance of the 12 A's that goes by the same name, Khalongdorjekar. It could be that they are one and the same thing with the one you mention above.
Different dance, same name. There is the twelve A one, and then there is the one that is done on the klong gsal symbol.

florin

Post by florin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 pm
florin wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Different dance, same name. There is the twelve A one, and then there is the one that is done on the klong gsal symbol.
Oh, i see. I am always confused about vajra dances. But actually the one that doesn’t require the mandala i found it very easy to learn. I was attracted to the simplicity of it and I’ve learned in under half an hour and once i learned it, it only took me 3 min to move through the whole cycle of 12 movements.

A Mirror

Post by A Mirror » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 am

Vasana wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 pm
A Mirror wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks for sharing.

correct, I should have misread a related article. "Khalongdorjeikar of the Song of the Vajra" are proper instructions about the Vajra dance.

I'll try to correct the original post.

Return to “Dzogchen”