Dzogchen Community Secondary Practices

RobertoKhorviano

Re: Dzogchen Community Secondary Practices

Post by RobertoKhorviano »

This is my first post on the Dharmawheel so I'll start by saying hi to all of you :hi:

So I have a question. Norbu Rinpoche sometimes gives lungs with mantras of Manjusri and Black Manjusri. I am a newbie to the Dharma and DC but I've heard from various practitioners and sources that sadhanas connected to Manjusri are very effective at developing Insight and Wisdom but also they have useful effects for daily life and relative circumstances - like improving memory, increasing intelligence and information processing skills, increasing the capacity for discriminating what's positive and what's negative etc. This sounds very useful in dealing with the circumstances of daily life but also for the purposes connected with studying Dharma so I'm looking for a practice with these kinds of benefits.

So the actual question is this... are there any booklets or materials published by DC about a secondary practice of Manjusri? Is there actually such a practice in the Dzogchen Community? I've been searching through the web and haven't found anything. Most of the practitioners in the local Community don't know anything or suggest that technically/formally there is no such practice but Rinpoche sometimes gives lung if people want to practice some Anyuoga style transformation.

I'll be grateful for all the help. Have an auspicious day you all :)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

RE: The Longsal Divination of Dorje Yudrönma: the text description on the Shangshung Publications site says anyone can practice this as long as one has received the relevant transmission. What would this be? I've received many transmissions from ChNN but don't recall him ever giving one for this divination system specifically. Is the relevant transmission a more general one I've probably received? Or is there a specific transmission just for this which I may have missed?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

He typically gives it every webcast (this year).
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Ok thanks, -so it is a specific one.. I just haven't been tuning into webcasts recently. . . I will try to connect with the next one. :thanks:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
qwerty13

Post by qwerty13 »

In the recent webcast, rinpoche gave a big set of lungs for sadhanas and mantras. Among these was Kalachakra mantra. I remembered the mantra for a while, but there was so much other stuff coming in that I forgot part of the mantra later. If someone could PM that Kalachakra mantra for me, I would appreciate it very much.
Who should we turn to for refuge? We should seek refuge in the Buddha. He is the one we weep before
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

Return to “Dzogchen”