the right phenomena at the right place ... always

Sönam

the right phenomena at the right place ... always

Post by Sönam »

I am often surprized to see that even intelligent beings miss to understand that all phenomena displayed in front of them belong to there own karma, even if they do not like those phenomena. And that they are the right phenomena, at the right place, at the right moment.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
muni

Re: the right phenomena at the right place ... always

Post by muni »

Sönam wrote:I am often surprized to see that even intelligent beings miss to understand that all phenomena displayed in front of them belong to there own karma, even if they do not like those phenomena. And that they are the right phenomena, at the right place, at the right moment.

Sönam
Of course. Display. Like the comments by minds' creativity.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

... even the very little phenomenum that seems to be so outside

some words, some answers, a fly walking on a screen, ...
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Josef

Post by Josef »

Sönam wrote:I am often surprized to see that even intelligent beings miss to understand that all phenomena displayed in front of them belong to there own karma, even if they do not like those phenomena. And that they are the right phenomena, at the right place, at the right moment.

Sönam
This reads like Cittamatra. It may be that phenomena are perceived by individuals in certain ways because of their individual karma but to say that the phenomena are ( or belong to ) their karma is very mind-only sounding. Which hasnt been the Dzogchen view since at least the 18th century.
I disagree with the assertion that intelligent beings are missing something when they dont recognize this. Intelligent beings recognize the lack of substantial, permanent identity in self and phenomena.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Nangwa wrote:

Sönam
This reads like Cittamatra. It may be that phenomena are perceived by individuals in certain ways because of their individual karma but to say that the phenomena are ( or belong to ) their karma is very mind-only sounding. Which hasnt been the Dzogchen view since at least the 18th century.
I disagree with the assertion that intelligent beings are missing something when they dont recognize this. Intelligent beings recognize the lack of substantial, permanent identity in self and phenomena.
you mean that what is in relation with one of my sens, what ever it is, as insignifiant it seems, is due to hazard ...
- Longchen Rabjam -
muni

Post by muni »

Through karma-traces or in delusion-obscurations one percieves phenomena in same deluded quality, I had understood. While all is just perfect.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

but I agree it's a provisional view ...
- Longchen Rabjam -

Return to “Dzogchen”