khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post Reply
DGA
Former staff member
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Contact:

khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by DGA » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Has this text been translated publicly in English?

thanks

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 26182
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by Malcolm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Jikan wrote:Has this text been translated publicly in English?

thanks

No, I do not think so. The Tibetan is quite difficult and obscure in places.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.


-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

DGA
Former staff member
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by DGA » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Malcolm wrote:No, I do not think so. The Tibetan is quite difficult and obscure in places.
Thanks, Malcolm. You wouldn't know the text is so from the recent webcast on it, which has been absolutely lucid & accessible.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 26182
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by Malcolm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Jikan wrote:
Malcolm wrote:No, I do not think so. The Tibetan is quite difficult and obscure in places.
Thanks, Malcolm. You wouldn't know the text is so from the recent webcast on it, which has been absolutely lucid & accessible.

Rinpoche did not, and almost never does, literally translate the text. But of course he is lucid and accessible.

The text itself, however is not really not.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.


-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

DGA
Former staff member
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by DGA » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:00 am

Malcolm wrote:
Jikan wrote:
Malcolm wrote:No, I do not think so. The Tibetan is quite difficult and obscure in places.
Thanks, Malcolm. You wouldn't know the text is so from the recent webcast on it, which has been absolutely lucid & accessible.

Rinpoche did not, and almost never does, literally translate the text. But of course he is lucid and accessible.

The text itself, however is not really not.
Yes, I take your word for it on the textual issues.

I just find it worth remarking (or that it bears repeating) that ChNN is an exceptionally capable teacher in what must be his fifth or sixth language.

ngodrup
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by ngodrup » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 am

Where is this text located?

invisiblediamond
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by invisiblediamond » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 am

ngodrup wrote:Where is this text located?
Nyingthig Yabzshi

mutsuk
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by mutsuk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:21 am

It is Upadesha no. 44 from the collection of 119 Upadeshas (partially included in the Bima Nyinghtik).

ngodrup
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by ngodrup » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 pm

:twothumbsup:

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 26182
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by Malcolm » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:35 pm

mutsuk wrote:It is Upadesha no. 44 from the collection of 119 Upadeshas (partially included in the Bima Nyinghtik).
Do you have a location for the rest?
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.


-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

Pero
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by Pero » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Malcolm wrote:
mutsuk wrote:It is Upadesha no. 44 from the collection of 119 Upadeshas (partially included in the Bima Nyinghtik).
Do you have a location for the rest?
Are you guys saying that khyung chen mkah' lding or the Upadeshas are partially included?
(was thinking the latter but not sure)
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

mutsuk
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by mutsuk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Malcolm wrote:
mutsuk wrote:It is Upadesha no. 44 from the collection of 119 Upadeshas (partially included in the Bima Nyinghtik).
Do you have a location for the rest?
Except for those included in the Bima Nyingthik, no.

mutsuk
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by mutsuk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Pero wrote: Are you guys saying that khyung chen mkah' lding or the Upadeshas are partially included?
(was thinking the latter but not sure)
The entire collection of the 119 Precepts is not available, except of those of the precepts that are included in the Bima Nyingthik. The lists we have of these sometimes contains 121 titles, others 117, etc.

mutsuk
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by mutsuk » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:20 am

JLA just told me some have been identified outside the Bima Nyingthik, like the khregs-chod bdun-pa (which was identified by Norbu Rinpoche).

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 26182
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: khyung chen mkha' lding of Sri Simha

Post by Malcolm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:20 pm

mutsuk wrote:JLA just told me some have been identified outside the Bima Nyingthik, like the khregs-chod bdun-pa (which was identified by Norbu Rinpoche).

Yes, I am aware of the khregs chod bdun pa.

Thanks.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.


-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mechashivaz, O_156, PeterC and 32 guests