Dharmata teachings.

muni

Re: Dharmata teachings.

Post by muni » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am

"When we know how to give rise to this gentle heart, then we are not in a hurry and we no longer have to be antagonistic to ourselves. Rather, we know how to hold this deep trust, we know that the ground of who we are is intrinsically enlightened, already the Buddha, and we have ecstatic compassion. Ecstatic compassion is a very unusual compassion. It doesn't make us feel sorrowful. It is this tremendous joy which knows that things are already perfect. We are already Buddha, yet there is compassion toward this temporary dream of duality. This dream is not going to last eternally. Believe it or not, the universe will provide us with much magic and many miracles to help us wake up. All dreams come to an end. It's just a matter of time."
This "magic/miracles" is probably not what mind uses to see/translate as such. :smile:
"When we leave mind alone, we arrive at a point where mind dissolves and where we know nothing and we are left innocent like a newborn child. Then the ground of all things reveals itself. Emptiness reveals itself, just like when the clouds move away, the majestic mountain reveals itself. Then we glimpse the ground of all things without any veils, barricades, or walls between our consciousness an the truth itself. We glimpse it just as we glimpse everything around us. Then absolute truth is transparent, immediate, and luminous."
"There is no longer the duality between known and unknown in the highest spiritual awakening; they are both domains of the mind. Enlightenment is simply directly seeing the truth without mind's distortion, clear like the palm of your hand. The truth that we are talking about here is not truth in the conventional sense, rather it is the changeless truth, which is already there prior to the mind. It is paramartha satya, the ultimate truth."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anam-Thu ... 7372695250" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May I be a guard for those without one,
A guide for all who journey on the road,
May I become a boat, a raft or bridge,
For all who wish to cross the water.

Which human beings are “fortunate and connected?” They are the ones who generate love, compassion, and devotion, as well as the commitment to remain steadfast on the path until all beings are liberated. Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches.

monktastic

Post by monktastic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

muni wrote:Dzogchungpa, thanks!

Here a talk by Anam Thubten and Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel.
Anam Thubtens' talk start from about 38.00. He gives here also the precious gift on turning the gaze within.

phpBB [video]
I can't hear any audio. Can others?
This undistracted state of ordinary mind
Is the meditation.
One will understand it in due course.

--Gampopa

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 pm

monktastic wrote:I can't hear any audio. Can others?
I can, but it's very low. Try turning your volume all the way up.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

oldbob

Post by oldbob » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
monktastic wrote:I can't hear any audio. Can others?
I can, but it's very low. Try turning your volume all the way up.
Perhaps the message is beyond words - so don't worry if you don't hear everything.

muni

Post by muni » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Timeless Sacredness.

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:namaste:

Which human beings are “fortunate and connected?” They are the ones who generate love, compassion, and devotion, as well as the commitment to remain steadfast on the path until all beings are liberated. Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches.

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 pm

phpBB [video]
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

muni

Post by muni » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:48 pm

:smile:

When we identify with the body, the world arises as being solid as well. While this world is not so solid, without thoughts’ mental images.

Here Anam Thubten about the blessing and the curse of consciousness and the importance of intention, in an interview with tricycle.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=15 ... =2&theater

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:19 pm

phpBB [video]

muni

Post by muni » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:58 am

dzogchungpa wrote:I know this is hosted at a controversial website, but I just stumbled on this picture and I can't resist posting it:

Well, I am happy the very Guru is not actually an appearance, other ways in case of Anam Thubten Rinpoche being the Guru here, my mind should have to dissolve in these curls.

fckw

Post by fckw » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Does anyone know what sort of practices he teaches? Apparently his background is Nyingma.

Loren Enders

Post by Loren Enders » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh that's cool. You know the movie The Cup. the stinky old matted hair crazy guy that The Abbot said for Tulku Ugyen to go visit.

What was it Pepsi cans for light offerings. Very utilitarian.

Alright check you guys later.
'Lorem', 'Loren', 'Loren Enders'

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:49 pm

fckw wrote:Does anyone know what sort of practices he teaches? Apparently his background is Nyingma.
This talk might give you a sense of where he's coming from:

phpBB [video]

Personally, I think he's a great teacher, and in fact I'm about to go attend one of his Sunday programs in Point Richmond. :woohoo:

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 pm

fckw wrote:Does anyone know what sort of practices he teaches? Apparently his background is Nyingma.
BTW, today he said that the only thing he has been teaching for the last ten years, which he is going to keep teaching for a very long time, is "Drop your mind".

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:20 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
BTW, today he said that the only thing he has been teaching for the last ten years, which he is going to keep teaching for a very long time, is "Drop your mind".

Well, that makes for short Dharma talks. རང་སེམས་བབས་ཡོད་རེད་

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 am

His welcoming
& rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
Knowing the dustless, sorrowless state,
he discerns rightly,
has gone, beyond becoming,
to the Further Shore.

-Lokavipatti Sutta

oldbob

Post by oldbob » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:35 am

Ven. Anam Thubten is a traditional Dzogchen Master, and I have been very fortunate, and blessed, to receive teachings from him.

:twothumbsup:

ob

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 am

oldbob wrote:Ven. Anam Thubten is a traditional Dzogchen Master, and I have been very fortunate, and blessed, to receive teachings from him.
Ditto, except maybe for the traditional part. :smile:

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Mon May 11, 2015 5:57 pm

New video "Wake Up and Blossom" here:

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:49 pm

New video "Awaken Yourself, Watch Yourself, and Live Joyfully" here:

http://www.dharmata.org/teachings/

Rick

Re: Dharmata teachings.Nice to see some of them took 10 stud

Post by Rick » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Nice to see some Anam Thubten students here. He's my teacher also. :-)

I told him in a retreat that to me he was half cute little boy, half demon. He loved that!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

Return to “Dzogchen”