tingdzin

Re: Trekchod

Post by tingdzin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:59 am

Why?

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:06 am

tingdzin wrote:Why?
Because it's my topic of interest right now.

Maybe not really hierarchy in literally sense but for example books of instructions for it like Nang-jang etc.

bryandavis

Post by bryandavis » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Chöying Dzö by Longchenpa.

Dudjom Lingpa’s The Foolish Dharma of an Idiot Who Wears Mud and Feathers for Clothing.

Two I go to a lot.

bryandavis

Post by bryandavis » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Chöying Dzö by Longchenpa.

Dudjom Lingpa’s The Foolish Dharma of an Idiot Who Wears Mud and Feathers for Clothing.

Two I go to a lot.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Saoshun wrote:Can someone make hierarchy or list of trekchod practices? :buddha2:
There is only one practice, the four cho zhags.

bryandavis

Post by bryandavis » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:13 pm

That is the beauty of this approach or the profundity.

I believe Malcom commented in one post that one could maintain treckcho wile reading the newspaper ( not verbatim what he said ), to which some one replied "that is not possible". But of course it is, as he parleyed with a good response. The four cho zhags are why it would be possible to incorporate any activity and practice, even secondary or minor practices that stand alone might have a lesser view?

Out of curiosity has any one looked over a guidance manual on the four cho zhags by peter barth of the MMC?

Bryan.

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Saoshun wrote:Can someone make hierarchy or list of trekchod practices? :buddha2:
There is only one practice, the four cho zhags.
Thank you :namaste:
Out of curiosity has any one looked over a guidance manual on the four cho zhags by peter barth of the MMC?
Can you post amazon link for this book?

Arnoud

Post by Arnoud » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:48 pm

bryandavis wrote: I believe Malcom commented in one post that one could maintain treckcho wile reading the newspaper ( not verbatim what he said ), to which some one replied "that is not possible".
I'm not sure why anyone would think that one can't do something particular whilst practising trekcho. There's loads of guidance out there on doing all kinds of things to deepen realisation.
I found that book about 6 months ago by accident. I think it's great.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:11 am

I just thought where I can find more pointers like this
"It is easy to recognize it. You just have to drop thinking and it is right there. There is not a lot to be done. You do not have to do this and that and the other. It is like the example of trying to touch space with your finger. To touch space, you do not have to move your finger at all, do you—it is al- ready touching space, isn’t it?"
This direct pointing results fruits for me for what I'm seeing in experience.

MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:45 am

If I understand correctly, the first of the four ChogZhag is: don't change anything.

This is quite profound and not easy to do.

If I have not understood this correctly, please tell me.

P.S. Thank you for the Google link.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:05 am

Paul wrote:
bryandavis wrote: I believe Malcom commented in one post that one could maintain treckcho wile reading the newspaper ( not verbatim what he said ), to which some one replied "that is not possible".
I'm not sure why anyone would think that one can't do something particular whilst practising trekcho. There's loads of guidance out there on doing all kinds of things to deepen realisation.
I found that book about 6 months ago by accident. I think it's great.
Wow, what a great resource...I only had seen the Mahamudra manual previously, also great IME.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:54 pm

MalaBeads wrote:If I understand correctly, the first of the four ChogZhag is: don't change anything.

This is quite profound and not easy to do.

If I have not understood this correctly, please tell me.

P.S. Thank you for the Google link.
If it easy or not easy to do it's means you are doing it wrong. Realize that ChogZhags are contradiction to itself, if you realize that, you are on the place. So don't do ChogZhags just realize that you don't do them and you will do without effort and any action. If you don't get it meditate upon it and contemplate it and you will understand and realize it. :sage:

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Wow, what a great resource...I only had seen the Mahamudra manual previously, also great IME.
They produce some good material there. I think it's a reflection of Thrangu Rinpoche - a good teacher with good students.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 pm

:alien: you have plenty of words for a few simple things, how do you attain comprehension (not bodhi) I still cannot know

muni

Post by muni » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 am

Words are pointing, to what is BEFORE mind’s activity, cannot be found in minds’ activity.
The fortress of the spacious and timeless expanse has no division into
higher or lower or in between.

Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:01 pm

gloriasteinem wrote::alien: you have plenty of words for a few simple things, how do you attain comprehension (not bodhi) I still cannot know
muni wrote:Words are pointing, to what is BEFORE mind’s activity, cannot be found in minds’ activity.
Just follow the path as it is given. It provides everything we need.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

maybay

Post by maybay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Ayu wrote:
gloriasteinem wrote::alien: you have plenty of words for a few simple things, how do you attain comprehension (not bodhi) I still cannot know
muni wrote:Words are pointing, to what is BEFORE mind’s activity, cannot be found in minds’ activity.
Just follow the path as it is given. It provides everything we need.
Now where have I heard those words before?
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron

muni

Post by muni » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:22 pm

The problem is that mind thinks nature reveals itself after a long march on the path somewhere at the end of it. This gives a false idea, an expectation by seeking something what is not yet now.
All what can exhaust the mind is fine.
The fortress of the spacious and timeless expanse has no division into
higher or lower or in between.

Return to “Dzogchen”