In the Stream but suffering has not ended

Caodemarte

Re: In the Stream but suffering has not ended

Post by Caodemarte »

There are many, many, many helpful teachers besides the famous ones mentioned. Many, many dharma centers exist. A Google search for the many lists of various centers might also be helpful. Nowadays it is rarely a shortage of aid that stops people from seeking it.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

If reading a few books and meeting your teacher with 10'000 others in a big hall is all you expect from a teacher, then, well, good luck to you.
This is my point. Off the top of my head I was able to mention those well know teachers who we can access very easy. All one has to do is an hours worth of research on google to come across scores of options. Even if one were to drive 8 hrs once every two months to see a teacher it is well worth it.

How many times have we seen on DW people post things like "there is nothing available to me" and then once some of the members find out where the person is, come to find out there are sooooo many options available. :twothumbsup:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

samsarasucks wrote:If there are no teachings and nothing to attain, why is it so important not to fall into wrong-view.
That's a really good question but until we know what the answer is 24/7 we need to practice our asses off.

ImageImageImage
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

If there are no teachings and nothing to attain, why is it so important not to fall into wrong-view.
This is pointer to cut off mental chattering and set things straight. It is not something you understand, it's like letting go. It's have no substance on it's own. Leaving things as they are help you relax into natural meditation which cannot be relaxed because energy of rigpa can be easily scattered by thinking process and tension to for attaining our ideas of enlightenment.
theanarchist

Post by theanarchist »

samsarasucks wrote:
If there are no teachings and nothing to attain, why is it so important not to fall into wrong-view.

Because the wrong views will tell you that you need to attain all sorts of things, that you are this and that, along with a wagon load of conceptual thinking, desires, aversions, fears, delusions, habits, with other words, samsara, and as soon as you give in to that quagmire the "there are no teachings and nothing to attain" goes out of the window.

Even if "wrong views" is just an illusion, if, and as long as you falll prey to it, you are bound to the rules and there are right and wrong views.
florin

Post by florin »

samsarasucks wrote:I've been on the path for around a year and a half and I had a fruition.
You just need to meet the right teacher to show you the true meaning of your fruition.

Return to “Dzogchen”