Semen

CedarTree

Re: Semen

Post by CedarTree »

Ivo wrote:
Tigersnest wrote:Any help is greatly appreciated,i have not had this problem and this has happened two days in a row at the same exact in the morning I don't want this to happen again, as this is a precious substance and it should be ones choice whether or not to lose, I am worried about loosing aspects of energy related to luck etc... this also happened even after practicing protectors, guru tragpur (maybe I am not doing it right to function). I don't know but can this be caused by local spirits
Despite the fact that you do not say what exactly happened, I will presume that you are talking about some kind of emission or wet dream. This is perfectly normal and you have nothing to worry about, buddhist-wise or otherwise. Especially since you are posting this in the dzogchen section of the forums. The only time when semen retention would be relevant would be during a specific phase of some very specific vajrayana practices which nearly no one does these days. If you get there, you will know precisely what to do and how to do it. In all other cases, this is not anything to worry about and you should take care of your body (including allowing it to feel the pleasure of sexual activity). Even if you are a monk, nocturnal emissions are OK and do not break any vow. Semen is a "precious substance" only in a specific context. In Tibetan medicine for example it is generally considered a waste product. It is all about context. All this has nothing to do with luck either.
Now I want to know more about these practices....

Practice, Practice, Practice
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Malcolm wrote:
If you lose your ojas, this is very bad. If you lose your semen, this is not a problem providing you are not also losing ojas with it [and this can only happen if you are living on a very restricted diet with no meat or animal fat of any kind, for example a vegan diet.]
Are you able to elaborate on the connection between meat and animal fat consumption and ojas? In the context of ojas, What are the differences in Tibetan medicine/Ayurveda between animal fats and those like sesame, olive and coconut oil? And is ojas still more likely to be lost without animal fats and meat even when plenty of ojas enriching nuts, plants and grains are consumed?
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
deusaderit

Post by deusaderit »

So instead of quoting texts and what not...I will share from life experience...which always trumps what a text could tell you. Unless you are doing certain practices and doing those practices intensively for that matter, seminal retention is not all that important. i.e. if you are repping 20k to 125k mantras per day, then you need to worry about it....if you are doing gtummo daily, then you need to worry about it....if your diet is shitty, then you need to worry about it. Otherwise, chill out. Most modern day practitioners' ideas of practice are a farce and even getting bent out of shape about semen retention because you read a text that you don't have a transmission/oral explanation for is pretty stupid and also comical.

For authentic practitioners: If there are any questions in your mind about whether or not you need to worry about it, you can do an experiments and see how you feel. If you are feeling pain in your kidneys, start getting kidney stones, noises become uncomfortable to hear, your semen is watery, you experience memory loss/mental fog, you feel like shit within a few days of ejaculation, etc...then you probably have an issue with ojas that you need to correct. If you over do it with practice or you overdo it with ejaculatory frequency for your physical constitution, you can almost ALWAYS back off of your practice intensity and/or modify your diet for a while and usually your body will heal itself. Then gradually begin to increase the practice intensity again.

Nocturnal emissions: Ask your lama about this...sometimes they are caused by spirits who wish to hamper one's practice by harvesting ojas. In this case, unless you have tools in your toolbox, you will need help. If they are occurring just because your body needs to ejaculate, then you have nothing to worry about. If they are occurring because you have unexpressed and excessive desire karmas, you will want help. If you can't tell the difference then you should be depending on a lama even more so.

Properly approached, seminal emission can be ENERGIZING and refreshing. It can be a way to release toxins that would otherwise cause physical issues and cancers that did not happen 300 years ago, but happen today with increasing frequencies due to pesticides and GMO-driven effects.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Greetings,

So if marrow changes into semen for men, what does it change into for women? The Ovum?

If semen is the physical support for tummo in men, then for women?

Thank for the answer to those that might know.

Bryan

Return to “Dzogchen”