recommended Dzogchen retreats/courses/teachers

florin

Re: recommended Dzogchen retreats/courses/teachers

Post by florin »

Vasana wrote:
florin wrote: As i said , there are no uk based dzogchen teachers.
James Low is a U.K based Dzogchen teacher.

Edit: Just saw he was already mentioned. FYI then Luke if you hadn't seen.

I don't think Lama Yeshe openly teaches Mahamudra let alone Dzogchen.
You would have to be an angel for him to teach you anything.

A few weeks ago he said to me "look at him!!!...what did you do ? Did you rob a bank or something ?" after i told him about my current situation...
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

florin wrote:
Vasana wrote:

A few weeks ago he said to me "look at him!!!...what did you do ? Did you rob a bank or something ?" after i told him about my current situation...
What a strange remark. James Low or Lama Yeshe? Why would he ask if you'd robbed a bank ? (If it's something you don't mind talking about online)

Lama Yeshe teaches a few times a year at the Kagyu center in London at least. Probably more often in Scotland.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
florin

Post by florin »

Vasana wrote:
florin wrote:
Vasana wrote:

What a strange remark. James Low or Lama Yeshe? Why would he ask if you'd robbed a bank ? (If it's something you don't mind talking about online)

Lama Yeshe teaches a few times a year at the Kagyu center in London at least. Probably more often in Scotland.
I was referring to Lama Yeshe.
We had a short conversation and his remarks were in response to my going into details about my private life and the quality of the mundane life that i am enjoying :smile:
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Fair enough! He's a funny guy :sage: I'm sure he was probably simultaneously rejoicing if the quality of mundane life you're currently enjoying allows a lot of Dharma activities :)
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
heart

Post by heart »

florin wrote:
Luke wrote:
I think it's possible that some of the lamas at the Samye Ling Monastery in Scotland know Dzogchen. Although perhaps you would have to work your way through the Kagyu teachings for many years before they would teach you any Dzogchen.
And what dzogchen could they teach you in Samye Ling?
Can you give an example ?
Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche completed a 49-day bardo retreat--isn't this a Dzogchen method?

http://www.samyeling.org/about/lama-yes ... -rinpoche/
I could be wrong but i think there are such methods in tantra for those who practice completion stage .

But i am not familiar with tantra so maybe someone else can give you a more accurate and detailed answer.
I heard Lama Yeshe is aa Dzogchen practitioner and that he was a student of Tulku Urgyen and that his dark retreat was a Dzogchen retreat. Stewart will know more. They do Konchok Chidu at Samye Ling, it has Dzogchen instructions.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Yes Lama Yeshe Rinpoche received Yangti instructions one on one directly from TUR in Nepal, at Nagi Gonpa, and completed his first continuous 49 day dark retreat under TUR'S guidance there in the early 90's. He has since completed at least 2 more.

As for teaching, he mainly gives general meditation instruction, very humble about his capacity, deferring to higher teachers..... But having known him well for 20 years I am convinced he is an authentic and accomplished practitioner.
s.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Saoshun wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:20 pm
florin wrote:
Saoshun wrote:
There are no Uk based dzogchen teachers i'm afraid.
That's what I did found but there is dzogchen bon teacher but opinions on him are not really good as lama, his name is Lama Khyimsar Rinpoche or something like that

http://www.dzogchencommunityuk.org/

http://www.simplybeing.co.uk/
I met Lama Khemsar. He seems quite extraordinary to me and the energy of his center is strong. His students say he's a Dzogchen master, and I think there might really be something to this. He says he is Rime, having received teachings from over 20 teachers from other Buddhist lineages. He is more of a yogi-practitioner, not really a scholar.

He told me something that stuck with me: Reading more books will only give you a big ego. Do you want a Ph.D or do you want realization? He was talking about how learning to read Tibetan was necessary because almost all dharma books translated into english have an academic tone and much of the essence is lost.
florin

Post by florin »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:48 pm
Saoshun wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:20 pm
florin wrote:
There are no Uk based dzogchen teachers i'm afraid.
That's what I did found but there is dzogchen bon teacher but opinions on him are not really good as lama, his name is Lama Khyimsar Rinpoche or something like that

http://www.dzogchencommunityuk.org/

http://www.simplybeing.co.uk/
I met Lama Khemsar. He seems quite extraordinary to me and the energy of his center is strong. His students say he's a Dzogchen master, and I think there might really be something to this. He says he is Rime, having received teachings from over 20 teachers from other Buddhist lineages. He is more of a yogi-practitioner, not really a scholar.

He told me something that stuck with me: Reading more books will only give you a big ego. Do you want a Ph.D or do you want realization? He was talking about how learning to read Tibetan was necessary because almost all dharma books translated into english have an academic tone and much of the essence is lost.
I attended his teachings a few times, had a couple of interviews for refuge ceremony and ngondro explanation but in the end i decided that he is not the teacher for me. From very early on he developed his own dharma language with lots of christian terms and so on.
Yen Rigzin

Post by Yen Rigzin »

There is H.E Dzogchen Rinpoche recognized by H H Dodrupchen Rinpoche. H E is born in sikkim just google dzogchen rinpoche the root lama of Dzogchen teachings. :D

Return to “Dzogchen”