Buddhahood in This Life

fckw
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by fckw » Tue May 30, 2017 6:56 am

Is the information on the webcast already out? If so, where can I find the details?

Seeking Wisdom
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 3:06 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Seeking Wisdom » Wed May 31, 2017 5:03 am

I'm thinking of attending a lung of the Tshig Don Mzod. I have "Buddhahood in this Life" trans. by Malcolm. And I understand that the lung for that text will be offered by webcast. Considering that Longchenpa's text is an expansion/revision of the former, is there any reason, related to practice, why I should attend an in-person lung of the Tshig Don Dzod, or would getting the lung of the text Malcolm translated suffice for practical purposes?

Thank you in advance.

Kunzang Tobgyal
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Kunzang Tobgyal » Wed May 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Seeking Wisdom wrote:I'm thinking of attending a lung of the Tshig Don Mzod. I have "Buddhahood in this Life" trans. by Malcolm. And I understand that the lung for that text will be offered by webcast. Considering that Longchenpa's text is an expansion/revision of the former, is there any reason, related to practice, why I should attend an in-person lung of the Tshig Don Dzod, or would getting the lung of the text Malcolm translated suffice for practical purposes?

Thank you in advance.

For practical purposes, receiving the lung for "Buddhahood in This Life" is sufficient. There is nothing missing in that text. As you noted, the Tshig Don Dzod is an expansion of the topics covered in Malcolm's text.


Drew.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:31 pm

fckw wrote:Is the information on the webcast already out? If so, where can I find the details?
Final details are being worked out. It will happen in the boston area, at this point on Sunday the 17th.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Seeking Wisdom wrote:I'm thinking of attending a lung of the Tshig Don Mzod. I have "Buddhahood in this Life" trans. by Malcolm. And I understand that the lung for that text will be offered by webcast. Considering that Longchenpa's text is an expansion/revision of the former, is there any reason, related to practice, why I should attend an in-person lung of the Tshig Don Dzod, or would getting the lung of the text Malcolm translated suffice for practical purposes?

Thank you in advance.
You should attend the lung of the Tsigdon Dzod, by all means.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Yudron
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Yudron » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:20 am

Malcolm wrote:
oldbob wrote:
There is an additional benefit to the production of translations by professional Buddhist publishers — these books enter the Library of Congress. One cannot hope to see most independently published books there. They have strict rules about what books they accept and how to submit them.
I found it easy to submit books to the Library of Congress—my second indy-published Buddhist teen novel is there. I don't believe they are selective at all—you just have to have an ISBN. There is a process of obtaining a Preassigned Control Number (PCN) that must be done prior to publication. You send physical books on your release date.
https://www.loc.gov/publish/pcn/

Marc
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Marc » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Malcolm wrote: Final details are being worked out. It will happen in the boston area, at this point on Sunday the 17th.
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Marc wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Final details are being worked out. It will happen in the boston area, at this point on Sunday the 17th.
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

DGA
Former staff member
Posts: 9253
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by DGA » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Marc wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Final details are being worked out. It will happen in the boston area, at this point on Sunday the 17th.
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Now I'm confused. I read on another forum that it was rescheduled for September. :shrug:

either way I'm looking forward to it

Arnoud
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Arnoud » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Cool. I might have missed it but who will offer the lung?

User avatar
Thomas Amundsen
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm

DGA wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Marc wrote:
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Now I'm confused. I read on another forum that it was rescheduled for September. :shrug:

either way I'm looking forward to it
Bump.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 am

DGA wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Marc wrote:
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Now I'm confused. I read on another forum that it was rescheduled for September. :shrug:

either way I'm looking forward to it
Correct, my double bad. The lung will be given in sept on Sunday the 17th
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 27528
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Malcolm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:22 am

Arnoud wrote:Cool. I might have missed it but who will offer the lung?
Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Norwegian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Norwegian » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 am

Malcolm wrote:
DGA wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Now I'm confused. I read on another forum that it was rescheduled for September. :shrug:

either way I'm looking forward to it
Correct, my double bad. The lung will be given in sept on Sunday the 17th
Time to write down a post-it note with date, and put on the fridge - looking very much forward to this :)

DGA
Former staff member
Posts: 9253
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by DGA » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 am

Malcolm wrote:
DGA wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Now I'm confused. I read on another forum that it was rescheduled for September. :shrug:

either way I'm looking forward to it
Correct, my double bad. The lung will be given in sept on Sunday the 17th
10-4 good buddy. Thank you for arranging this.

User avatar
Vasana
Posts: 1689
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:22 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Vasana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:22 am

Thanks again for this.

Has a time been given for the 17th?

(Edit* - oh it's in September. Will check back nearer the time.)
'When alone, watch your mind. When with others, watch your speech'- Old Kadampa saying.

Marc
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Marc » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am

Malcolm wrote: The lung will be given in sept on Sunday the 17th
OK ! Great.
Looking very forward to it.
Thx Malcolm.

Marc
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Marc » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 am

@Malcolm:  
Any update about your Podcast with Wisdom Pub ?

Sennin
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by Sennin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm

If you want this text and genuinely can not afford to order it, I will purchase it for you just pm me.
I can purchase one maybe two copies, first come first serve.
Go no paradigm! ;)

pael
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Buddhahood in This Life

Post by pael » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Marc wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Final details are being worked out. It will happen in the boston area, at this point on Sunday the 17th.
Hi Malcolm
17th is a Saturday...
Will it be Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th ? Will it be streamed ?
Thx
It will be streamed, and it looks like the 18th, my bad.
Do you know which service will stream it yet?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering

Post Reply

Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests