Eight Doorways of Spontaneous Manifestation

dawnbird

Eight Doorways of Spontaneous Manifestation

Post by dawnbird »

Hi all,

Is the following correlation correct?

Eight doors of spontaneous manifestation :: Eight dissolutions (empty, black, red, white, flame, fireflies, smoke, mirage)?

Thanks.
Malcolm

Re: Eight Doorways of Spontaneous Manifestation

Post by Malcolm »

dawnbird wrote:Hi all,

Is the following correlation correct?

Eight doors of spontaneous manifestation :: Eight dissolutions (empty, black, red, white, flame, fireflies, smoke, mirage)?

Thanks.

No, not at all.
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

I suspect that this is the way it is written, without any hidden meaning. There has never been objects of extreme views. All the rest - manifested without inconsistency, like the sunrise without sunset. Nothing contradicting yogachara is here, for example. Slightly different description of pure Skandhas/ayatanas/dhatus. Already in Theravada, Buddha's abilities surpass all devas and brahmas. He sees almost everything. I do not know much about dzogchen teaching, Malcolm will hit if something is wrong. :thinking:
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

Perhaps, this is about a bunch of buddhas\bodhisattvas\sentient beings who gathered at the initiation of Shitro, but their skandhas are of the Akanistha\Brhatphala level. Their paths after the meeting diverge according to their knowledge. So in bardo of dharmata, if it approximates the events after kalagni, all is perished until the same quality skandhas for a short time. Or I'm composing something strange... :thinking:

Return to “Dzogchen”