Seventeen Tantras Volume 1 & 2

Malcolm

Re: Seventeen Tantras Volume 1 & 2

Post by Malcolm »

DGA wrote:Congratulations, Malcolm, on this publication. I hope it finds its audience. I'm glad Wisdom is getting behind these projects.

Meanwhile...
Malcolm wrote:
  • The first division includes the three essential tantras: the Self-Arisen Vidyā, the Self-Liberated Vidyā, and the Without Syllables. If one knows these three, one will have command over the general meaning of the tantras, like a king who has command over his subjects.
-- Longchenpa.
I'm ignorant of these texts (for now). The upcoming volume will contain translations of the first two tantras, correct? Will the third one, Without Syllables, also find print in English?
Yes, after the first two, and with its complete commentary.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Malcolm wrote:
DGA wrote:Congratulations, Malcolm, on this publication. I hope it finds its audience. I'm glad Wisdom is getting behind these projects.

Meanwhile...
Malcolm wrote:
  • The first division includes the three essential tantras: the Self-Arisen Vidyā, the Self-Liberated Vidyā, and the Without Syllables. If one knows these three, one will have command over the general meaning of the tantras, like a king who has command over his subjects.
-- Longchenpa.
I'm ignorant of these texts (for now). The upcoming volume will contain translations of the first two tantras, correct? Will the third one, Without Syllables, also find print in English?
Yes, after the first two, and with its complete commentary.
That's excellent news. May these translations help many, many people in their practice.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Really great Malcolm ! Congratulations and Thank you for everything you do!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Meanwhile...
Malcolm wrote:
-- Longchenpa.
Yes, that is the plan.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Will Zangthal Editions be doing any self-publishing of short translations and the like?
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

RikudouSennin wrote:Will Zangthal Editions be doing any self-publishing of short translations and the like?
we are working on that
pael

Post by pael »

How long it takes to translate all seventeen?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

pael wrote:How long it takes to translate all seventeen?

I'll tell you when I am finished.
Kelwin

Post by Kelwin »

Malcolm wrote:
pael wrote:How long it takes to translate all seventeen?

I'll tell you when I am finished.
:bow: :good:
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena
Kris

Post by Kris »

I have read that the rigpa rang shar has eighty-six chapters; and is first in the list of tantras listed in the dra tal gyur.
So I'm assuming this is one of the most exhaustive given the length of the text?
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sennin wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm I have read that the rigpa rang shar has eighty-six chapters; and is first in the list of tantras listed in the dra tal gyur.
So I'm assuming this is one of the most exhaustive given the length of the text?
Yes, it is the longest of all.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

:twothumbsup:
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

And all 17 will be translated by you?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am And all 17 will be translated by you?
That's my plan.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 am
Fa Dao wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am And all 17 will be translated by you?
That's my plan.
Fu%*ing cool man!! Huge undertaking but about damn time SOMEBODY that knows what the hell they are doing stepped up to take this on!!
May all of the Masters of the Dzogchen lineage guide and protect you...
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Dzogchen”