Kim Katami (Pema Rinpoche, the terton) dangerous?

antbird

Kim Katami (Pema Rinpoche, the terton) dangerous?

Post by antbird »

I am not sure if this thread is suitable. Kim Katami claim many things.
(I think it is very sad to bring this up in something as holy as dzogchen section)
As you guys in forum are wiser and can analyze his claims better. Maybe this thread could be here as a guide and warning.
As a responsible Buddhists we should be able to point out mistaken views so that other people do not fall.
krodha

Re: Kim Katami (Pema Rinpoche, the terton) dangerous?

Post by krodha »

Avoid him at all costs.

He used to post here as "Kim" I believe. It is absurd to think that he is now parading himself as a Rinpoche. Very sad. Many will be led down a wrong path due to his repugnant recklessness.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Agreed, it's garbage.

If you're looking for genuine teachers, look for explicit claims of lineage- they should say who their teachers are. They should say their teachers gave them permission to teach.

He seems to have invented a mantra. Don't go with teachers who do that, that's not legit.

He claims to be channeling in some way. Real teachers don't do this.

Also, he forgets the difference between "it's" and "its." This, finally, is completely unforgiveable! :tongue:

But seriously, he's not the real deal, stay away. Better to just read books than follow a teacher like that.

Jake
Tiago Simões

Post by Tiago Simões »

Don't trust ANY westerner who calls himself Rinpoche.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Open Heart/Kim Katami and Song of Vajra

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hello,

does anybody know anything about this group? They will be giving lung (although they call it empowerment) to Song of Vajra and some text by longchenpa. Does anyone know anything about them? It seems kinda fake-ish.

https://www.facebook.com/events/402470300219298/

http://www.en.openheart.fi/33
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Norwegian

Re: Open Heart/Kim Katami and Song of Vajra

Post by Norwegian »

Miroku wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:34 pm Hello,

does anybody know anything about this group? They will be giving lung (although they call it empowerment) to Song of Vajra and some text by longchenpa. Does anyone know anything about them? It seems kinda fake-ish.

Self-proclaimed guru who claims to be on the bhumis and is more developed than His Holiness the Dalai Lama and so on, yet not having even basic understanding of Buddhadharma. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
heart

Post by heart »

He gone completely mad. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

He was on here for a while a think...yeah, avoid this person. It wouldn't be hard to tell if you looked deeper anyway though, not a particularly competent ...whatever.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Not to mention that I heard he''s kind of into Jesus and all that.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
heart

Post by heart »

dzogchungpa wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 pm Not to mention that I heard he''s kind of into Jesus and all that.
I think his multi-religious inclinations is the least of his problems.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

I cannot believe my eyes. He still has not transcended the need for empowerments and lungs? :toilet:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

I wasn't looking for getting teachings from him. :D His OM AH HUNG LAO TSE NAMAHA mantra is crazy enough for me to lose interest. :D Just wanted to be sure he is as mad as it seems.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
florin

Post by florin »

He seems to quite enjoy his new role as a dzogchen guru:
"We had a wonderful City Retreat in Dublin last weekend with 22 people from UK, Ireland, Norway and Finland. We did many dzogchen nonmeditations, guru yoga chanting, resting, dzogchen dance and dzogchen metta."

Very multicultural, dancing, chanting, lots of love, tea and cake.
All the right things.
What more could you want?
Samsara at its best.
Spread the love(ignorance)Kim!
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

The list of masters Kim claims have given him teachings should give anyone pause:
http://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2016/01/full-list-of-my-teachers-and-masters.html wrote:
Masters without a physical body

Received teachings named after each master. You can find information of these mahasiddhas by web search.
  • Mahasiddha Thirumular. My root guru. One of the legendary Shaivite saints. Author of Thirumandiram which is considered one of the most important root texts of Shaivite tantrism.Teachings received: Basic and advanced yoga tantra, Diamond Body-practices.
  • Mahasiddha Babaji. An immortal yogi-master known to world through Yogananda's Autobiography of A Yogi. Babaji is the silently guiding hand behind spiritually oriented martial arts, among other things. Teachings received: Basic and advanced yoga tantra, and Zen Budo (taught by myself).
  • Mahasiddha Bogarnatha. Great immortal master of yoga tantra, alchemy, medicine and science. Teachings received: Advanced yoga tantra.
  • Mahasiddha Agastya. Great immortal master known of many classic texts of various topics. Teachings received: Advanced yoga tantra.
  • Mahasiddha Padmashambhava, Great Dzogchen-master. Teachings received: Thogal - Immortal Diamond Body-practice and Yangti.
  • Mahasiddha Vimalamitra. Great Dzogchen-master. Teachings received: Vimalamitra Yoga (physical series), Wisdom Meditations (shamatha and vipashyana), Dzogchen Thogal (Rainbow Body-practices, Dzogchen) and Yangti, and two distinct types of rigpa as taught in Dzogchen.
  • Mahasiddha Garab Dorje. Great Dzogchen-master. The same person as Swami Sri Yukteswar, a great master of Kriya Yoga, guru of Paramahamsa Yogananda. Teachings received: Two distinct types of rigpa as taught in Dzogchen.
  • Mahasiddha Machig Lapdron (Tibetan). Great Tibetan lady mystic and a yogini. Teachings received: Complete Chöd-teachings and Tibetan Hatha Yoga (taught by Open Heart).
  • Mahasiddha Ayu Khandro (Tibetan, 1839–1953). Great 20th century yogini from Tibet who attained Rainbow Body through Dzogchen and Tantric practices. Spent over 80 years of her life in solitary retreat. Teachings received: Tibetan Heart Yoga-teachings offered by Samadhi Path.
  • Mahasiddha Lieh Tsu or Liezi (Chinese). Immortal master, one of the founding fathers of Taoism. Teachings received: Tai Chi Chuan and the essence of internal martial arts.
  • Mahasiddha Zhang Sanfeng (Chinese). Immortal master, one of the founding fathers of Taoism, considered the founder of Tai Chi Chuan, the Chinese martial and health art. Teachings received: Tai Chi Chuan and the essence of internal martial arts.
  • Mahasiddha Dampa Sangye. Teachings received: Mahamudra Chöd and yoga tantra.
  • Gogen Yamaguchi (1909-1989), Master of Okinawan Karate. Teachings received: Essence of budo.
  • O-sensei Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969), Founder of Aikido. Teachings received: Chinkon Kishin and kototama, art of kiai and the essence of budo. Initiations to Shinto deities.
I still continue to receive instructions from different mahasiddhas, as well as communicate with physical teachers as well.

He has also made some extremely provocative claims regarding his status as a teacher and lineage holder:
http://openheartopenheart.blogspot.fi/2017/06/introducing-pemako-buddhism.html wrote:...I have always underlined that I am not an authorised teacher in any existing buddhist lineage and that Open Heart-teachings come from what I and Pau have received from Guru Rinpoche and others. These teachings are not from any existing buddhist lama.

..It is the will of Guru Rinpoche that Open Heart-method is introduced and established as a method and tradition of buddhism, specifically vajrayana buddhism and dzogchen.

...I feel it is a great blessing for us that Guru Rinpoche has started a new and fresh (!) buddhist school and a lineage in Pemako buddhism.

...About a month ago Guru Rinpoche conferred me a spiritual name and a title: Orgyen Pema Rinpoche.

...Because I know who my guru is, it was a great honor and blessing for me to receive this name.

Based on the above two links, and previous posts by Kim in this topic started by him here on DW, people should have enough info to come to their own conclusions.

Since the mod team sees no value in further discussing Kim or his group on DW, we've decided that future discussion will not be allowed, and all inquiries about him will be directed to this thread.

Return to “Dzogchen”