Buddhahood in This Life Transmission Webcast: 09/15/17

PeterC

Re: Buddhahood in This Life Transmission Webcast: 09/15/17

Post by PeterC »

Many thanks to Rinpoche, Malcolm and Wisdom Publications for organising this wonderful event.

I had never come across Tulku Dakpa before. What a nice, kind person. Is anyone here a student of his?
heart

Post by heart »

PeterC wrote:Many thanks to Rinpoche, Malcolm and Wisdom Publications for organising this wonderful event.

I had never come across Tulku Dakpa before. What a nice, kind person. Is anyone here a student of his?
Yes, I have studied and taken empowerments from him. I like him very much. Just this spring we did a 6 day retreat with him on Jigme Lingpa's text on the 7 mind trainings from the Vima Nyingtik. Very wonderful time.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Grigoris wrote:
heart wrote:...
Really? You saying the internet connection on a shitty little island on the outskirts of Greece has a better internet connection than an urban German metropolis? :smile:

Does anybody know where we can send a donation to Rinpoche for his kindness and patience?
You can donate to the building of Tulku Dakpas new retreat center if you want: https://www.gofundme.com/danakoshaling

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

KrisW wrote:
Norwegian wrote:To those who participated in the live event, and are interested in the Ngondro that Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche gave transmission of before the main text, here are the available English translations, in two different commentaries:

1. "Five Nails: Commentary on the Northern Treasures Accumulation Praxis By Tulku Tsurlo": https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Five_Nails_p/22022.htm
2. "Path of Secret Mantra: Teachings of the Northern Treasures Five Nails Pema Tinley's Guide to Vajrayana Practice": https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Path_of_Se ... 380188.htm

And of course Malcolm's translation of the primary text of this transmission webcast:
"Buddhahood in This Life - The Great Commentary by Vimalamitra":
https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Buddhahood ... 293453.htm
Excellent, is the Guruyoga included in those text or is it something that still has to be translated, inquiring minds want to know.
:namaste:
Malcolm said on Vajracakra that the Guru Yoga practices referred to in yesterday's event, are not found in these two books, but that they are specific to the Gongpa Zangthal, and that he and Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche will translate them.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Norwegian wrote:
KrisW wrote:
Norwegian wrote:To those who participated in the live event, and are interested in the Ngondro that Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche gave transmission of before the main text, here are the available English translations, in two different commentaries:

1. "Five Nails: Commentary on the Northern Treasures Accumulation Praxis By Tulku Tsurlo": https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Five_Nails_p/22022.htm
2. "Path of Secret Mantra: Teachings of the Northern Treasures Five Nails Pema Tinley's Guide to Vajrayana Practice": https://www.namsebangdzo.com/Path_of_Se ... 380188.htm

And of course Malcolm's translation of the primary text of this transmission webcast:
Excellent, is the Guruyoga included in those text or is it something that still has to be translated, inquiring minds want to know.
Malcolm said on Vajracakra that the Guru Yoga practices referred to in yesterday's event, are not found in these two books, but that they are specific to the Gongpa Zangthal, and that he and Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche will translate them.
Ah, yes! :applause:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
heart

Post by heart »

Norwegian wrote:
KrisW wrote:

The five nails is a part of the Gonpa Zangtal and TDR also gave "lung" for this text yesterday. The guru yogas are, if I understood correctly, not a part of the "five nails" Ngöndro practice. So it seems he gave "lung" for four texts yesterday.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
KrisW wrote:
The five nails is a part of the Gonpa Zangtal and TDR also gave "lung" for this text yesterday. The guru yogas are, if I understood correctly, not a part of the "five nails" Ngöndro practice. So it seems he gave "lung" for four texts yesterday.

/magnus

What Tulku Dakpa explained to me was that in Northen Treasures, there are several different guru yoga for different cycles that get swapped in and out of the five nails depending on what cycle you are practicing.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:
Norwegian wrote: Malcolm said on Vajracakra that the Guru Yoga practices referred to in yesterday's event, are not found in these two books, but that they are specific to the Gongpa Zangthal, and that he and Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche will translate them.

/magnus

What Tulku Dakpa explained to me was that in Northen Treasures, there are several different guru yoga for different cycles that get swapped in and out of the five nails depending on what cycle you are practicing.
Did he give the lungs for all of them?
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Grigoris wrote:
fckw wrote:Thank you, Malcolm and everyone. This required some stamina due to the time zone, however I'm happy now. Definitely need a coffee now to wake up again.
It finished at 5am Saturday morning here in Greece.
Then you were up a few hours later getting Drikung Kagyu teachings .A true Dharma beast!
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Just to be clear, which lungs were given prior to the first reset due to technical issues?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Just to be clear, which lungs were given prior to the first reset due to technical issues?
And a, as yet untranslated, Guru Yoga.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote:
heart wrote:
Norwegian wrote: Malcolm said on Vajracakra that the Guru Yoga practices referred to in yesterday's event, are not found in these two books, but that they are specific to the Gongpa Zangthal, and that he and Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche will translate them.

/magnus
Ok, that was unusual. Making the five nails the general Ngöndro for all the Jangter then.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

Can anybody say the text is same or different?

I can't order these books cause the delivery price will be mad. I wanted to buy "Bodhisattvabhumi" by Asanga a year ago but delivery priced as two more books :? So I had to forsake this idea.
heart

Post by heart »

Tolya M wrote:Can anybody say the text is same or different?

I can't order these books cause the delivery price will be mad. I wanted to buy "Bodhisattvabhumi" by Asanga a year ago but delivery priced as two more books :? So I had to forsake this idea.
It is the five nails ngöndro text, the other books mentioned are commentaries on this text. But the main lung was Buddhahood in this life.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

heart wrote: It is the five nails ngöndro text, the other books mentioned are commentaries on this text. But the main lung was Buddhahood in this life.
/magnus
Thank you!

Return to “Dzogchen”