enlightment in one life

User avatar
Carlita
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 am

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Carlita » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 pm

ilaria wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 pm
how do you think we can reach enlightment in this life?
have you never come very close to the goal?
Im slowly beginning to see our lives as a string of being defined by our karma and affects and doesnt disappear at death. With that thought in mind there isnt a enlightment in "this life" and not the next. Taking timeline out, our goal is to be enlightened. Whether it happens in the future is not near the point of acheiving the experience (rather than goal) itself.
[The Buddha says to his monks], when he opens his mouth to expound or when he reads the sutra, he should not delight in speaking of the faults of other people or scriptures. He should not display contempt for other teachers of the Law or speak of the good or bad, the strong or weak points of others. -Saddharma Puṇḍarīka Sūtra
:anjali:

User avatar
Ricky
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Ricky » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 am
Ricky wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm


Eventually, sooner rather than later, they will meet the teachings again and have another go at it.
In that case it would be a good idea to combine pure land practice with dzogchen in order to avoid more rebirth in samsaric realms?
Or any other secondary practice which may be found in Buddhadharma, if you like. It is up to you.
Cool :thumbsup:

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 pm
my point is that there is no reason to relly on enlightenment as a goal
and that the misunderstandigs on this only makes mind "to bite it's tail"

the concept of enlightenment
the concept of what people think is enligntenment
the concept of what schoolars think is enlightenment
the concept of what tulkus think is enlightenment
the concept of what is recorded or stated that is enlightenment
and what is not, etc.

my point here is that there is no final goal once we recognize

Once i wrote and asked my teacher Namkhai Norbu "¿is the Rainbowbody like reflations in a mirror?" and he wrote back saying "Dear Javier, yes, even the Rainbow body is like reflations in a mirror. Ciao, ciao!! NN.". This always "puts my feets on the ground", and also when i share it to others also helps them. It is very precious because we tend to believe that we are going somewhere, or have to please someone, etc. and it says very clearly that even -one of- the top level of realizations has the same base as our ordinary state. So what's to be experimented is an awarness, confirmation, proof; not a goal pursuit to be done.
You’re face has to become very bright to see a rainbow body in the mirror.
Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

This kind of talks makes me feel strange 😱
"Emptiness" without compassion is not real emptiness.
"Compassion" without emptiness is not real compassion.

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 pm
my point is that there is no reason to relly on enlightenment as a goal
and that the misunderstandigs on this only makes mind "to bite it's tail"

the concept of enlightenment
the concept of what people think is enligntenment
the concept of what schoolars think is enlightenment
the concept of what tulkus think is enlightenment
the concept of what is recorded or stated that is enlightenment
and what is not, etc.

my point here is that there is no final goal once we recognize

Once i wrote and asked my teacher Namkhai Norbu "¿is the Rainbowbody like reflations in a mirror?" and he wrote back saying "Dear Javier, yes, even the Rainbow body is like reflations in a mirror. Ciao, ciao!! NN.". This always "puts my feets on the ground", and also when i share it to others also helps them. It is very precious because we tend to believe that we are going somewhere, or have to please someone, etc. and it says very clearly that even -one of- the top level of realizations has the same base as our ordinary state. So what's to be experimented is an awarness, confirmation, proof; not a goal pursuit to be done.
You’re face has to become very bright to see a rainbow body in the mirror.
Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

This kind of talks makes me feel strange 😱
It’s kind of literal, except you are the face and the mirror in a dream.
Delete my account

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm

You’re face has to become very bright to see a rainbow body in the mirror.
Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

This kind of talks makes me feel strange 😱
It’s kind of literal, except you are the face and the mirror in a dream.
That's clarity, any way yep, all might be just an imagination.

I wonder why if we are supposed self perfected we are pointed in this matrix. How the error is possible. Funny stuff, nature can forget itself?
"Emptiness" without compassion is not real emptiness.
"Compassion" without emptiness is not real compassion.

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm


Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

This kind of talks makes me feel strange 😱
It’s kind of literal, except you are the face and the mirror in a dream.
That's clarity, any way yep, all might be just an imagination.

I wonder why if we are supposed self perfected we are pointed in this matrix. How the error is possible. Funny stuff, nature can forget itself?
The appearances of wisdom are not imaginary. You can press on your eyeball and see colors. This is an example.
Delete my account

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am


It’s kind of literal, except you are the face and the mirror in a dream.
That's clarity, any way yep, all might be just an imagination.

I wonder why if we are supposed self perfected we are pointed in this matrix. How the error is possible. Funny stuff, nature can forget itself?
The appearances of wisdom are not imaginary. You can press on your eyeball and see colors. This is an example.
Nor concrete 😂
"Emptiness" without compassion is not real emptiness.
"Compassion" without emptiness is not real compassion.

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Well, not so. It is a concrete real experience. It’s just not made of concrete.
Delete my account

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], climb-up, deff, PeterC, pothigai and 22 guests