enlightment in one life

Carlita

Re: enlightment in one life

Post by Carlita »

ilaria wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 pm how do you think we can reach enlightment in this life?
have you never come very close to the goal?
Im slowly beginning to see our lives as a string of being defined by our karma and affects and doesnt disappear at death. With that thought in mind there isnt a enlightment in "this life" and not the next. Taking timeline out, our goal is to be enlightened. Whether it happens in the future is not near the point of acheiving the experience (rather than goal) itself.
[The Buddha says to his monks], when he opens his mouth to expound or when he reads the sutra, he should not delight in speaking of the faults of other people or scriptures. He should not display contempt for other teachers of the Law or speak of the good or bad, the strong or weak points of others. -Saddharma Puṇḍarīka Sūtra
:anjali:
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 am
Ricky wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 pm
Malcolm wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Eventually, sooner rather than later, they will meet the teachings again and have another go at it.
In that case it would be a good idea to combine pure land practice with dzogchen in order to avoid more rebirth in samsaric realms?
Or any other secondary practice which may be found in Buddhadharma, if you like. It is up to you.
Cool :thumbsup:
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 pm my point is that there is no reason to relly on enlightenment as a goal
and that the misunderstandigs on this only makes mind "to bite it's tail"

the concept of enlightenment
the concept of what people think is enligntenment
the concept of what schoolars think is enlightenment
the concept of what tulkus think is enlightenment
the concept of what is recorded or stated that is enlightenment
and what is not, etc.

my point here is that there is no final goal once we recognize

Once i wrote and asked my teacher Namkhai Norbu "¿is the Rainbowbody like reflations in a mirror?" and he wrote back saying "Dear Javier, yes, even the Rainbow body is like reflations in a mirror. Ciao, ciao!! NN.". This always "puts my feets on the ground", and also when i share it to others also helps them. It is very precious because we tend to believe that we are going somewhere, or have to please someone, etc. and it says very clearly that even -one of- the top level of realizations has the same base as our ordinary state. So what's to be experimented is an awarness, confirmation, proof; not a goal pursuit to be done.
You’re face has to become very bright to see a rainbow body in the mirror.
Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

This kind of talks makes me feel strange 😱
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Natan

Post by Natan »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 pm my point is that there is no reason to relly on enlightenment as a goal
and that the misunderstandigs on this only makes mind "to bite it's tail"

the concept of enlightenment
the concept of what people think is enligntenment
the concept of what schoolars think is enlightenment
the concept of what tulkus think is enlightenment
the concept of what is recorded or stated that is enlightenment
and what is not, etc.

my point here is that there is no final goal once we recognize

Once i wrote and asked my teacher Namkhai Norbu "¿is the Rainbowbody like reflations in a mirror?" and he wrote back saying "Dear Javier, yes, even the Rainbow body is like reflations in a mirror. Ciao, ciao!! NN.". This always "puts my feets on the ground", and also when i share it to others also helps them. It is very precious because we tend to believe that we are going somewhere, or have to please someone, etc. and it says very clearly that even -one of- the top level of realizations has the same base as our ordinary state. So what's to be experimented is an awarness, confirmation, proof; not a goal pursuit to be done.
Mind nature is like a reflation, not litterally a reflation. Empty, here, in hell, and in sukhavati.

It’s kind of literal, except you are the face and the mirror in a dream.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 am

That's clarity, any way yep, all might be just an imagination.

I wonder why if we are supposed self perfected we are pointed in this matrix. How the error is possible. Funny stuff, nature can forget itself?

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Natan

Post by Natan »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am

I wonder why if we are supposed self perfected we are pointed in this matrix. How the error is possible. Funny stuff, nature can forget itself?
The appearances of wisdom are not imaginary. You can press on your eyeball and see colors. This is an example.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am

The appearances of wisdom are not imaginary. You can press on your eyeball and see colors. This is an example.
Nor concrete 😂

Natan

Post by Natan »

Well, not so. It is a concrete real experience. It’s just not made of concrete.

Return to “Dzogchen”