Dzogchen meditation

Bubbles

Dzogchen meditation

Post by Bubbles »

When I do dzogchen meditation with eyes open, sometimes space starts to morph. For example, I am meditating in front of a painting, the frame of the painting starts to move side ways and forward. Is it a common effect? Are there books or resources that explain effects of dzogchen meditation? Thank you
jet.urgyen

Re: Dzogchen meditation

Post by jet.urgyen »

Bubbles wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm When I do dzogchen meditation with eyes open, sometimes space starts to morph. For example, I am meditating in front of a painting, the frame of the painting starts to move side ways and forward. Is it a common effect? Are there books or resources that explain effects of dzogchen meditation? Thank you
try to not to mix into experiences of practice, just live them as you leave them.
there are infinite effects in dzogchen meditation, just like in any other,
but, besides the method's flags for checking, there's nothing special supposed to be felt
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Bubbles wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm When I do dzogchen meditation with eyes open, sometimes space starts to morph.
Perfectly common if you keep your eyes less mobile than the vision system evolved for. Nothing to do with Dzogchen or any other particular Buddhist or non-Buddhist system. It means that your eyes are unusually still.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Ramblings: lunidharma.blogspot.com
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Bubbles wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm Are there books or resources that explain effects of dzogchen meditation? Thank you
If you do not have a qualified Dzogchen guru, which is the one to communicate with, then there is no Dzogchen to be practiced in the first place.

Return to “Dzogchen”