bar rlung

Lukeinaz

bar rlung

Post by Lukeinaz »

Is the gentle vase as taught by TR the same as bar rlung?
Malcolm

Re: bar rlung

Post by Malcolm »

Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:08 pm Is the gentle vase as taught by TR the same as bar rlung?
who is TR?
\
Bar rlung is more or less the same.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:08 pm Is the gentle vase as taught by TR the same as bar rlung?
who is TR?
\
Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Is there any use training in bar rlung before fully developing kumbhaka?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:19 am
Malcolm wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 pm
who is TR?
\
Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Is there any use training in bar rlung before fully developing kumbhaka?
Absolutely.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Thanks!
florin

Post by florin »

There is a vase breathing variant described by rinpoche in "Open heart open mind".
The way is described here it gives the impression that anyone can do it without any preparation whatsoever as opposed to the kumbaka variant that is done in yantr yoga from DC. The one found in YY requires a much longer preparation.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

If it is Bar lung the breathing the i'm affraid is counterwise, kumbakha can be practiced but Bar lung is spontaneous, kumbhaka leads to parlung.

If it is not that Bar lung, then ignore this 🙏, i don't know much of tibetan language.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

These are restricted practices, you know. Not to be talked about in the public.

In any case, there is no one on any online message board authorised by ChNN to answer such questions. If you need an answer, write to one of the instructors.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:04 pm These are restricted practices, you know. Not to be talked about in the public.

In any case, there is no one on any online message board authorised by ChNN to answer such questions. If you need an answer, write to one of the instructors.
Of course it is perfect if questions can be solved by our Gurú or a yogin, but in the mean time we should do research and be of use, there is a lot of litterature prepared for that.

I had myself strugled too much with this criteria while i was younger, and it has no value.. Old practitioners should help, not become an obstacle. Specially if we are not at 5 minutes from TR, ChNN and/or an instructor who has at least some level of realization.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
treehuggingoctopus

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:04 pm These are restricted practices, you know. Not to be talked about in the public.

Of course it is perfect if questions can be solved by our Gurú or a yogin, but in the mean time we should do research and be of use, there is a lot of litterature prepared for that.

I had myself strugled too much with this criteria while i was younger, and it has no value.. Old practitioners should help, not become an obstacle. Specially if we are not at 5 minutes from TR, ChNN and/or an instructor who has at least some level of realization.
An instructor is an e-mail away. You want qualified help, not any help. Asking about the details of one's practice on message boards is going to get you nowhere near where you need to be -- as this thread nicely shows.

In any case, this is an open forum. Everything that belongs to the SMS training is restricted, so much that you should not even discuss its content with another teacher, as ChNN has pointed out.

Edmond Jabès
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 pm

An instructor is an e-mail away. You want qualified help, not any help. Asking about the details of one's practice on message boards is going to get you nowhere near where you need to be -- as this thread nicely shows.

In any case, this is an open forum. Everything that belongs to the SMS training is restricted, so much that you should not even discuss its content with another teacher, as ChNN has pointed out.
Sorry for asking this question here I will refrain from doing so again.

That said, I did get a clear answer to my question.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

I understand, but i don't see any SMS content, nor even exclusive content, so the point made is about that there might be a difference between what two Lamas teaches.

Different is to vulgarize a ChNN's training system, the methods, how to breathe, how to move, etc. That has samaya.

I think in that way, maybe im too soft haha but i really don't smell any danger in this.

treehuggingoctopus

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pmOf course it is perfect if questions can be solved by our Gurú or a yogin, but in the mean time we should do research and be of use, there is a lot of litterature prepared for that.

I understand, but i don't see any SMS content, nor even exclusive content, so the point made is about that there might be a difference between what two Lamas teaches.

Different is to vulgarize a ChNN's training system, the methods, how to breathe, how to move, etc. That has samaya.

I think in that way, maybe im too soft haha but i really don't smell any danger in this.
Please note that the original poster actually got two answers to their second question:
Malcolm wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 am
Malcolm wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 pmwho is TR?

Absolutely.
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pmIf it is Bar lung the breathing the i'm affraid is counterwise, kumbakha can be practiced but Bar lung is spontaneous, kumbhaka leads to parlung.

If it is not that Bar lung, then ignore this 🙏, i don't know much of tibetan language
How can they possibly decide which of you is correct if they do not know the answer in advance?

Edmond Jabès
treehuggingoctopus

Lukeinaz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 amSorry for asking this question here I will refrain from doing so again.

That said, I did get a clear answer to my question.
Asking such as yours is OK, I think. It just seems to me that one should reply in PMs.

Edmond Jabès
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 am

Please note that the original poster actually got two answers to their second question:
Malcolm wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 am
Absolutely.
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pmIf it is Bar lung the breathing the i'm affraid is counterwise, kumbakha can be practiced but Bar lung is spontaneous, kumbhaka leads to parlung.

If it is not that Bar lung, then ignore this 🙏, i don't know much of tibetan language
How can they possibly decide which of you is correct if they do not know the answer in advance?
Studying, as usual.

Even if the DL say something we should examine, think and judge before integrate it in our criteria, no need to mention when a practitioner also say something.

That's how Buddhadharma should be learned. Isn't it?

treehuggingoctopus

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pmStudying, as usual.
Well, studying what exactly? If the poster had been able to study, they would have answered their own question. If you mean that we could direct them to useful authoritative text that deals with the issue, then why not just do it instead of debating the problem in the public?
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pmEven if the DL say something we should examine, think and judge before integrate it in our criteria, no need to mention when a practitioner also say something.

That's how Buddhadharma should be learned. Isn't it?
I am afraid I do not understand.

Edmond Jabès
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Okay guys, that is enough meta-discussion.

Carry on via PM if you wish.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Dzogchen”