Any advice?

Lazuli

Any advice?

Post by Lazuli »

Dear all,

After reading a lot of interesting things on this website and would like to try and ask for some advice.

Some years ago I had a divination done by Lama Dawa. Two of the answers I recieved were tjat the best path for me (accoording to my previous karma) is Dzogchen, especially in the Dudjom new treasure lineage and that my rootguru is Lama Tharchin Rinpoche. Unfortunately I never got the chance to meet him....

Since I am relatively new to TB in regards to finding teachers and all, I hope there’s more experienced members here who can send me in the right direction.
(At the moment I am in Tsopema, India and have
about 5 more weeks till I have to get back to Holland)

Thanks in advance.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Any advice?

Post by Grigoris »

I can send you to see my teacher Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche if you wish. His gompa is in Varanassi though (not exactly close by). He was very close to Lama Tarchin Rinpoche, they studied together. He visits Europe every year and will be making Warsaw, Poland his base starting this summer (with a bit of good karma). I will be inviting him to Greece in 2018.

If you are interested please tell me and I will contact him to see if he is free to see you and then I can supply you his contact details.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
pael

Post by pael »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 am I can send you to see my teacher Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche if you wish. His gompa is in Varanassi though (not exactly close by). He was very close to Lama Tarchin Rinpoche, they studied together. He visits Europe every year and will be making Warsaw, Poland his base starting this summer (with a bit of good karma). I will be inviting him to Greece in 2018.

If you are interested please tell me and I will contact him to see if he is free to see you and then I can supply you his contact details.
Does he visit in Helsinki?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

pael wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:41 am
Grigoris wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 am I can send you to see my teacher Loppon Ogyan Tanzin Rinpoche if you wish. His gompa is in Varanassi though (not exactly close by). He was very close to Lama Tarchin Rinpoche, they studied together. He visits Europe every year and will be making Warsaw, Poland his base starting this summer (with a bit of good karma). I will be inviting him to Greece in 2018.

Do you want to invite him to Helsinki? :)

Up until now he has visited (and normally visits) Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, UK, Greece, Austria, Germany, ummmm... I think that's it. I think he may have visited Spain too, but I am not sure.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
pael

Post by pael »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Up until now he has visited (and normally visits) Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, UK, Greece, Austria, Germany, ummmm... I think that's it. I think he may have visited Spain too, but I am not sure.
I can't. I thought, if some Dharma Group would.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

pael wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:18 pm
Grigoris wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

I can't. I thought, if some Dharma Group would.
If you know of any Dharma groups that you think would be willing to, call them and ask them. Rinpoche does not have any Sangha in Finland, so... There is no Dharma group here in Greece that invites, organises and pays for him to come, I do. I believe it is money well spent! :)

philji

Post by philji »

Is not the jnanasukha org and website run by lama dechen yeshe wangmo affiliated with Lama Tarchin rinpoche. Maybe she can also advise.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

You could also try contacting Lama Tharchin's place. They have a ngondro program which, I think, you can do almost entirely online.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

And I participate in that ngondro program. :D I use it as a support to maintain my practice, they do monthly online webcasts, as well as yearly retreats etc. I'd highly recommend it. Pema Osel Ling, Lama Tharchin's center in Watsonville/Santa Cruz area is amazing.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 am And I participate in that ngondro program. :D I use it as a support to maintain my practice, they do monthly online webcasts, as well as yearly retreats etc. I'd highly recommend it. Pema Osel Ling, Lama Tharchin's center in Watsonville/Santa Cruz area is amazing.

BTW, TC, did you see this #tbt of Lama Sonam they recently posted on FB?

Outstanding!
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

dzogchungpa wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:05 am
TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 am And I participate in that ngondro program. :D I use it as a support to maintain my practice, they do monthly online webcasts, as well as yearly retreats etc. I'd highly recommend it. Pema Osel Ling, Lama Tharchin's center in Watsonville/Santa Cruz area is amazing.

BTW, TC, did you see this #tbt of Lama Sonam they recently posted on FB?

Outstanding!
No, I missed it! Yo :heart: Lama Sonam.
Lazuli

Post by Lazuli »

Thank you all!!

Somehow I wasn't able to log into DW for some time so therefor my response is this late.

Thankfully with the help of the people at Pema Osil Ling and Jnanasukha.org I was able to start my (Ngondro) practise.

Thank you all and be well

Return to “Dzogchen”