Donating one's organs at death

tingdzin

Re: Donating one's organs at death

Post by tingdzin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm

One of my teachers said that one's body should not be disturbed for three days after death if at all possible. This is not possible in many jurisdictions, though, and I'm not sure how this would play out in the realm of organ donation.

I have reservations about it also because the whole process, in many jurisdictions, is loaded with the same corruption and favoritism that pervades the modern world.

Josef

Post by Josef » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 pm

tingdzin wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 pm
One of my teachers said that one's body should not be disturbed for three days after death if at all possible. This is not possible in many jurisdictions, though, and I'm not sure how this would play out in the realm of organ donation.

I have reservations about it also because the whole process, in many jurisdictions, is loaded with the same corruption and favoritism that pervades the modern world.
If we make arrangements to die in our own homes or the home of a loved one the "authorities" can't really do anything to interfere.
It's none of their business and they dont need to know anything about it.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

tingdzin

Post by tingdzin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Josef wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 pm
f we make arrangements to die in our own homes or the home of a loved one the "authorities" can't really do anything to interfere.
Ideally, yes; sometimes there have been problems when deaths have not been reported in a timely enough fashion for the authorities. There are a lot of laws governing such things in various American jurisdictions.

Josef

Post by Josef » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:38 pm

tingdzin wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 pm
Josef wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 pm
f we make arrangements to die in our own homes or the home of a loved one the "authorities" can't really do anything to interfere.
Ideally, yes; sometimes there have been problems when deaths have not been reported in a timely enough fashion for the authorities. There are a lot of laws governing such things in various American jurisdictions.
There are a lot of laws. Unjust ones, many of which are worth little more than ignoring.
But then again, I'm a bit outside of the mainstream in my feelings about American legal interventions in my life. I live on some of the most remote outskirts of the collapsing empire and am about to embark on an even more significant venture toward independence in the woods.
When I die, nobody will be touching me except for the insects who share the land.
And, if the authorities came to ones home days after you had died it is extremely unlikely that they would file any charges and open the door to a major lawsuit for infringing on religious freedom.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

tingdzin

Post by tingdzin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 am

Yes, your approach may be the best for avoiding such post-mortem complications.