The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

Marc

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Marc »

Wonderful ! :namaste:

Just ordered. Now... Patience :tongue:
pael

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by pael »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:53 pm
pael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 amE-book?
It will be out sometime next year.
Does physical copy bless house better? Can anyone read it?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

pael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm
You should have received empowerment / direct introduction from a qualified Dzogchen master.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Malcolm, does the publisher always choose the release date?

Kevin...
Kris

Post by Kris »

pael wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm
Physical copies make everything better, holding dharma treasures is a treasure. :P
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Virgo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:08 pm Malcolm, does the publisher always choose the release date?

Kevin...
Yup.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

They are doing well, but tell them to get on Malcolm time!

Kevin...
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Do you have others of the 17. ready to roll out?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am Do you have others of the 17. ready to roll out?
Yes, two more root texts WITH commentaries.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:40 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am Do you have others of the 17. ready to roll out?
really great with the commentaries!

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Do you get a potential time frame from wisdom as to when they will give the
go ahead? What are these other two?
Thanks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm
Do you get a potential time frame from wisdom as to when they will give the
go ahead? What are these other two?
Thanks.
Spring 2020.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Arnoud wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm Thank you very much Malcolm. Truly extraordinary. How long did it take you to translate the whole text? Must have been a few days. :smile:

BTW, if anyone has lack of funds but has the requirements to read this text, please let me know. I will pay for three sets and shipping for those who can't afford it. It would be best if that was in the US as shipping overseas gets very expensive but let me know and I can see what I can do.
I still have one left to give away. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again Malcolm for this wonderful set. Truly something that will withstand the test of time. :twothumbsup:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Arnoud wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Arnoud wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm Thank you very much Malcolm. Truly extraordinary. How long did it take you to translate the whole text? Must have been a few days. :smile:

BTW, if anyone has lack of funds but has the requirements to read this text, please let me know. I will pay for three sets and shipping for those who can't afford it. It would be best if that was in the US as shipping overseas gets very expensive but let me know and I can see what I can do.

Thanks again Malcolm for this wonderful set. Truly something that will withstand the test of time. :twothumbsup:
Thanks Arnoud,that is quite generous of you.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 am
Arnoud wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Arnoud,that is quite generous of you.
Doesn't match your generosity in translating these texts but I appreciate the thanks. Keep up the good work.
SangyeYeshe

Post by SangyeYeshe »

Nice work, Malcolm! Got the two volume set today. Looks great!

--> Nova
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SangyeYeshe wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am Nice work, Malcolm! Got the two volume set today. Looks great!

--> Nova
Thanks Nova!
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Book Signing and Talk with Malcolm Smith

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... olm-smith/

Location: Tsegyalgar East, Schoolhouse Gompa, 18 Schoolhouse Rd., Conway, MA 01341
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018
Time: 7:00pm
Free and Open to the Public

The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra (Vol 1) and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra (Vol 2), book signing and talk with Malcolm Smith

A Translation of the Rigpa Rangshar (Vol 1) and A Translation of the Rigpa Rangdrol (Vol 2)
Malcolm Smith

Foreword by Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche and Jean-Luc Achard

A complete translation of two of the eleventh-century Seventeen Tantras

The eleventh-century Seventeen Tantras are the most important texts in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Great Perfection. This boxed set provides two luminous translations. The first is the only complete English translation of the Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra, which is the major commentary tantra on all aspects of the doctrine of the Great Perfection. The second, the Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra, outlines the structure of Dzogchen tantras in general and also provides a detailed outline of the Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra.

Malcolm Smith also offers a comprehensive introduction and two vital appendices: (1) a brief historical account and survey of the Seventeen Tantras and (2) an examination of the themes of the Seventeen Tantras, translated from the commentary to the String of Pearls Tantra.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Mr. G wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm Book Signing and Talk with Malcolm Smith

Location: Tsegyalgar East, Schoolhouse Gompa, 18 Schoolhouse Rd., Conway, MA 01341

The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra (Vol 1) and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra (Vol 2), book signing and talk with Malcolm Smith

A Translation of the Rigpa Rangshar (Vol 1) and A Translation of the Rigpa Rangdrol (Vol 2)
Malcolm Smith

Foreword by Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche and Jean-Luc Achard

A complete translation of two of the eleventh-century Seventeen Tantras

The eleventh-century Seventeen Tantras are the most important texts in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of the Great Perfection. This boxed set provides two luminous translations. The first is the only complete English translation of the Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra, which is the major commentary tantra on all aspects of the doctrine of the Great Perfection. The second, the Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra, outlines the structure of Dzogchen tantras in general and also provides a detailed outline of the Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra.

Malcolm Smith also offers a comprehensive introduction and two vital appendices: (1) a brief historical account and survey of the Seventeen Tantras and (2) an examination of the themes of the Seventeen Tantras, translated from the commentary to the String of Pearls Tantra.
Will it be recorded?
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Mr. G wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm Book Signing and Talk with Malcolm Smith

Looking forward to it!

Kevin...

Return to “Dzogchen”