The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

jnanasutra

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:28 am
jnanasutra wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 am Hmmmm :reading: chapter 68, “Index,” talks about a tantra called Marici Tantra. Maybe this Tantra is related to Özer Chenma?
Yes
Is this Tantra a Dzogchen Tantra or a Maha or Anu Yoga Tantra? Does it exist in any Tibetan collections? Any idea of its content? The text says it describes the rays and so on...
Thanks!
Malcolm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm »

jnanasutra wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:33 pm
jnanasutra wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 am Hmmmm :reading: chapter 68, “Index,” talks about a tantra called Marici Tantra. Maybe this Tantra is related to Özer Chenma?
Yes
Is this Tantra a Dzogchen Tantra or a Maha or Anu Yoga Tantra? Does it exist in any Tibetan collections? Any idea of its content? The text says it describes the rays and so on...
Thanks!
It is a man ngag sde tantra belonging to the unsurpassed, secret cycle. It is a very interesting little text.
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes
Thanks!
It is a man ngag sde tantra belonging to the unsurpassed, secret cycle. It is a very interesting little text.
I can find it in the Vima Nyingtik (in all TRBC collections)? Do you happen to know the title? Thanks.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

jnanasutra wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks!
I can find it in the Vima Nyingtik (in all TRBC collections)? Do you happen to know the title? Thanks.
No, it is not there, it is in the mtshams brag snying ma rgyud 'bum.
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Looking for it, can’t find it. Do you know which volume (1-14 ati yoga) in which it is located? Thanks :namaste:
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Heck, if you know the page, Malcolm, that would be even better :thanks:
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 pm
jnanasutra wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 am If Gzhon nu Dpa’ bo stobs ldan is teaching a retinue (which includes Vajrapani) that is merely an emanation of his own pristine consciousness, then when this buddha sees the appearances of six realms of samsara it must be the case that the beings in each realm must also be emanations of his pristine consciousness. I understand the idea of the Yogācāra container universe model, however, this model works from the perspective of a deluded mind. So how does this buddha view sentient beings? Are sentient beings similar to the retinue in that they are his own emanations? I know the general phrases, “buddhas don’t see sentient beings” and “sentient beings do not exist.” That is not what I am getting at. I am trying to understand this from a Man ngag sde perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks. :smile:
From the commentary on the Blazing Lamp:

Though everything (such as living beings, the inanimate and the animate) appears to each person individually as the unceasing pristine consciousness of vidyā, this is not seen by people of the common vehicles who grasp intellectual analysis.
Wow :shock:
Kinda what I suspected... :reading:
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Found it. Volume 9, pg 437-446.
Kris

Post by Kris »

This tantra gives a very nice understanding of the basis. :thumbsup:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Sennin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:43 pm This tantra gives a very nice understanding of the basis. :thumbsup:
Are you talking about the Rigpa Rang Shar or the Özer Chenma (Marici) Tantra? So far, the Marici Tantra does look interesting. Slowly, slowly I progress. :reading:
Kris

Post by Kris »

jnanasutra wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:11 am
Sennin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:43 pm This tantra gives a very nice understanding of the basis. :thumbsup:
Are you talking about the Rigpa Rang Shar or the Özer Chenma (Marici) Tantra? So far, the Marici Tantra does look interesting. Slowly, slowly I progress. :reading:
Chapter thirty of the Rigpa Rang Shar. Longchenpa designates this as the explanatory tantra because it elucidates all three precious spheres.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Is there any plan to publish this in electronic format?

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:25 am Is there any plan to publish this in electronic format?

DS
Next year
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Lukeinaz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 am
Malcolm wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Wisdom has it.
Another very interesting and informative podcast.It would be nice if wisdom makes available
the other three hours.
I choked on my rice when you were explaining Bodhidharma facing reality for 9 yrs.
Many thanks!
Wisdom has unfortunately declined to release the entire interview.

Malcom apparently set a new record for longest audio presentation!

They also said to look forward to more content from Malcom in the future.

A Wisdom Academy presentation would be cool..
But,,, why? It was so interesting to hear! So sad
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 am
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 am

Another very interesting and informative podcast.It would be nice if wisdom makes available
the other three hours.
I choked on my rice when you were explaining Bodhidharma facing reality for 9 yrs.
Many thanks!

Why? My guess. Wisdoms protocol.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Yes, two more root texts WITH commentaries.
Do you get a potential time frame from wisdom as to when they will give the
go ahead? What are these other two?
Thanks.
Spring 2020.
Will the lung occur in 2020 as well, or perhaps earlier?
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

If anyone needs this set of wonderful, liberating texts please PM me, I would love to offer it to someone this holiday season.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 am

Daniel wrote back and it sounds like they will make available whole interview. Probably wouldnt hurt if others write him too.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 pm If anyone needs this set of wonderful, liberating texts please PM me, I would love to offer it to someone this holiday season.
Offer taken :anjali:
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Lukeinaz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:39 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:38 am

Daniel wrote back and it sounds like they will make available whole interview. Probably wouldnt hurt if others write him too.
This is great news!Your idea of writing in is brilliant.Malcolms detailed definitons of tibetan and
sanskrit words into english is clearly understandable and and necessary for comprehending
these Source Dzogchen texts.

Return to “Dzogchen”