The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

PeterC

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by PeterC » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm

heart wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:35 pm
rigpé tsal wang https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Atiyoga

/magnus
Thanks Magnus. I hadn’t come across that TLA before

Lingpupa

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Lingpupa » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 pm

"Khenpo Namdrol". Whoah. Is that the "Khenchen Namdrol Rinpoche" who took such a primitive view of the Rigpa students who had had enough of Sogyal Lakar? I'll say no more, but Google can be your friend.
Or is it another Namdrol?
All the best
Alex Wilding
Stupa in the Snow blog at http://chagchen.org/

florin

Post by florin » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Lingpupa wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 pm
"Khenpo Namdrol". Whoah. Is that the "Khenchen Namdrol Rinpoche" who took such a primitive view of the Rigpa students who had had enough of Sogyal Lakar? I'll say no more, but Google can be your friend.
Or is it another Namdrol?
I think it is the same person.
Just appalling to be honest.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 pm

Lingpupa wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:52 pm
"Khenpo Namdrol". Whoah. Is that the "Khenchen Namdrol Rinpoche" who took such a primitive view of the Rigpa students who had had enough of Sogyal Lakar?
Khenchen Namdrol is one of my main gurus, and he is the best person giving explanations of Dzogchen out there today; which is why many of the top Nyingma lamas, for example, Tsoknyi Rinpoche, and so on, have been attending his teachings for years and years. He is the heir of Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok. You may not wish to study with him, but it would be wrong of you to discourage others from wishing to do so.

It would be like discouraging people from studying the teachings of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, merely because he and Sogyal were quite good friends from childhood.

Passing By

Post by Passing By » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:00 am

Speaking of Norbu Rinpoche, Malcolm, would you think if and when his successor starts giving transmission again, that would be a valid route to access his teachings? Or do you hold the view that it's only appropriate if received direct from Norbu Rinpoche himself? Asking just in case the IDC resumes teaching for the public again

tingdzin

Post by tingdzin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:38 am

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 pm
Khenchen Namdrol is one of my main gurus, and he is the best person giving explanations of Dzogchen out there today; which is why many of the top Nyingma lamas, for example, Tsoknyi Rinpoche, and so on, have been attending his teachings for years and years. He is the heir of Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok. You may not wish to study with him, but it would be wrong of you to discourage others from wishing to do so.

It would be like discouraging people from studying the teachings of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, merely because he and Sogyal were quite good friends from childhood.
Well said.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:16 pm

Passing By wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:00 am
Speaking of Norbu Rinpoche, Malcolm, would you think if and when his successor starts giving transmission again, that would be a valid route to access his teachings? Or do you hold the view that it's only appropriate if received direct from Norbu Rinpoche himself? Asking just in case the IDC resumes teaching for the public again
His son is giving transmissions to people that didn't receive transmission from ChNNR this spring in Merigar. I don't know what Malcolm thinks but since ChNNR had full confidence in his son I would say they are valid path to his teachings.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Passing By wrote:
Rinpoche had "perfect confidence" in his children, and stated unequivocally that they can teach whatever he had taught them. I think that it leaves precious little room for any doubt.

(Please note, though, that Yeshi Namkhai is not Rinpoche's successor. Neither officially nor unofficially. Not yet, perhaps.)
To offer care and affection to sentient beings
In desperate situations who lack protection
Brings just as much merit as the meditation
On emptiness with compassion as its core—
So it has been said by glorious Lord Atisha.

Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

If you cannot generate an altruistic mind, even extensive retreat will be of not much benefit.
Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche

Passing By

Post by Passing By » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:51 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 pm
Passing By wrote:
Rinpoche had "perfect confidence" in his children, and stated unequivocally that they can teach whatever he had taught them. I think that it leaves precious little room for any doubt.

(Please note, though, that Yeshi Namkhai is not Rinpoche's successor. Neither officially nor unofficially. Not yet, perhaps.)
heart wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:16 pm
Passing By wrote:
His son is giving transmissions to people that didn't receive transmission from ChNNR this spring in Merigar. I don't know what Malcolm thinks but since ChNNR had full confidence in his son I would say they are valid path to his teachings.

/magnus

Thanks for the heads up. That's absolutely wonderful news

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Passing By wrote:
It is totally fine.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 pm

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 pm
Passing By wrote:

I had a memory that there was a mail from Rinpoche long ago on norbunet that said that his children could teach everything or something like that. Now I don't find it.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm

heart wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 pm
I had a memory that there was a mail from Rinpoche long ago on norbunet that said that his children could teach everything or something like that. Now I don't find it.
/magnus
I posted it at AtA some weeks ago, I think. Here it goes in full:
Kyabje Chogyal Namkhai Norbu RInpoche wrote:Dear Global Dzogchen Community.

I would like to make a clarification on the recent letter I wrote especially about courses in the Dzogchen Community for practitioners with transmission.

As I have already said, we all have to be sure that people who will teach have a concrete base and understanding, this is important for everyone now and for the future. For this reason it is my responsibility, as the Teacher and main holder of the transmission and lineage, to be sure I have trust in the people I authorize.

I have this deep trust in my Son and my Daughter. Any teaching they received the transmission and instructions for, I have full confidence for them to teach. If they decide they want to teach. But they should be free and nobody should try to force them to teach.

Kenpo Yeshe Wangpo I have already authorized to teach several different practices.

Nina Robinson I have authorized to teach Mandarava.

Naljorma Tsultrim Allione and Costantino Albini I have authorized to teach my teaching of Chod.

Elio Guarisco and Fabio Andrico I have authorized to teach the Tsalungs of Mandarava.

Michael Katz I have authorized to teach my teachings on Dream Yoga.

All the SMS teachers are not automatically authorized to teach many practices, in order to teach a specific practice they should first have that concrete knowledge, experience, capacity and qualification.

Practitioners who are already leading some practices with practitioners who received the transmission should understand they are not authorized teachers. All practitioners and Gakyils should understand this.

To be considered teachers they should first be directly and officially authorized by the Teacher.

Dzamling Gar, 13.05.2016

ChNN.
To offer care and affection to sentient beings
In desperate situations who lack protection
Brings just as much merit as the meditation
On emptiness with compassion as its core—
So it has been said by glorious Lord Atisha.

Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

If you cannot generate an altruistic mind, even extensive retreat will be of not much benefit.
Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche

Passing By

Post by Passing By » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:00 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:09 pm
Passing By wrote:
It is totally fine.
Thanks. Does Khenpo Namdrol have a website or teaching schedule around somewhere?

mandog

Post by mandog » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Passing By wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:00 am
Malcolm wrote:
Passing By wrote:
It is totally fine.
Thanks. Does Khenpo Namdrol have a website or teaching schedule around somewhere?
He does have a website for his center in Asia, but it is old and seems like it hasn’t been touched in years.

He does come to the West occasionally. First you would want to get on Lerab Ling’s email list. This might be hard because they restrict his teachings to people who have completed ngondro or are in their Dzogchen program (They might make exceptions). For US teachings, you should probably get on Orgyen Dorje Den, Tashi Choling and Light of Berotsana’s email lists. Maybe also the emails list of local Palyul centers. I don’t think Khenchen Rinpoche has taught in the US for a few years, but if he does, these are the places where I think he is most likely to teach.

Passing By

Post by Passing By » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 am

mandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:42 pm
Passing By wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:00 am
Malcolm wrote:

It is totally fine.
He does have a website for his center in Asia, but it is old and seems like it hasn’t been touched in years.

He does come to the West occasionally. First you would want to get on Lerab Ling’s email list. This might be hard because they restrict his teachings to people who have completed ngondro or are in their Dzogchen program (They might make exceptions). For US teachings, you should probably get on Orgyen Dorje Den, Tashi Choling and Light of Berotsana’s email lists. Maybe also the emails list of local Palyul centers. I don’t think Khenchen Rinpoche has taught in the US for a few years, but if he does, these are the places where I think he is most likely to teach.

Thank you for the information

Return to “Dzogchen”