The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

amanitamusc

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by amanitamusc »

Virgo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 am
Mr. G wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm Book Signing and Talk with Malcolm Smith

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... olm-smith/

Location: Tsegyalgar East, Schoolhouse Gompa, 18 Schoolhouse Rd., Conway, MA 01341
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018
Time: 7:00pm
Free and Open to the Public
Looking forward to it!

Kevin...
I would love to be there but...anyway i rejoice in the merit of all who go.
This publication is truly epic!
Kris

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Kris »

Reading through the introduction now. Very insightful.
It's precious to hold such sublime scriptures.
Very grateful for Arnoud who made it possible for me to have access to it.
:reading:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Substantial price reduction currently on Amazon (14 Sep 18).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/161 ... UTF8&psc=1
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
Pero

Post by Pero »

Just got mine today, at the same time as Norbu Rinpoche's Cuckoo of Instant Presence. :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Moha

Post by Moha »

This looks amazing, and I would love to get it, but is it something a fledgling practitioner would be able to comprehend? :emb:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I received today. How beautiful!

Kevin...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm This looks amazing, and I would love to get it, but is it something a fledgling practitioner would be able to comprehend? :emb:
You will understand somethings and not others. But if you have Dzogchen transmission then you should have this book.
Moha

Post by Moha »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:45 am You will understand somethings and not others. But if you have Dzogchen transmission then you should have this book.
Thank you, Acharya. Massive congratulations to you and your team!
Kris

Post by Kris »

The 80th chapter is wondrous... :reading:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Moha

Post by Moha »

Received my copy earlier today. Can't wait to dive into it. :woohoo:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Sennin wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 am The 80th chapter is wondrous... :reading:
Indeed it is. And in general, the whole book is wondrous. :tongue: :heart:

Kevin...
Kris

Post by Kris »

Virgo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:33 pm
Sennin wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 am The 80th chapter is wondrous... :reading:
Indeed it is. And in general, the whole book is wondrous. :tongue: :heart:

Kevin...
Agreed. I have been glancing over chapters that have piqued my interest. Especially since Malcolm generously gives a concise summary of each chapter in the introduction. Extremely helpful. :thumbsup:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Footnote 580 in chapter 40 (The Praise) says that, “The innumerable sentient beings of the six realms of samsara are innate seeds within one’s heart center.”

Hmm, that is very interesting. I would like to understand this better. Is this literal or figurative or something else all together?
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

This text is so important for practice. Very much needed.
Wow :shock:
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

jnanasutra wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 am Footnote 580 in chapter 40 (The Praise) says that, “The innumerable sentient beings of the six realms of samsara are innate seeds within one’s heart center.”

Hmm, that is very interesting. I would like to understand this better. Is this literal or figurative or something else all together?
Nice teaser! any chance of people posting a couple more lines to whet my whistle, before i can get a copy?
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Lukeinaz wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:43 pm
jnanasutra wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 am Footnote 580 in chapter 40 (The Praise) says that, “The innumerable sentient beings of the six realms of samsara are innate seeds within one’s heart center.”

Nice teaser! any chance of people posting a couple more lines to whet my whistle, before i can get a copy?
It's a two volume box set containing two of the 17 tantras. If you practice Dzogchen, and that doesn't wet your whistle, then I don't know what will... :thumbsup:
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

A study group on this text would be awesome actually :D
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It refers to the bijas in consciousness that generate the appearances of the six realms.
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:02 pm

It refers to the bijas in consciousness that generate the appearances of the six realms.
Ok, makes sense. It is about the appearances of the 6 realms. I thought for a second that something else might be going on. But then again, each individual has their own basis, so this quote must be about the bijas in each consciousness. Thanks. I’m sure I’ll have more questions. :thumbsup:

Return to “Dzogchen”