The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

Thomas Amundsen

The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra (vol 1) and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra (vol 2): A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar (vol 1) and A Translation of the Rigpa Rangdrol (vol 2)

I just noticed the the price to pre-order Loppon Malcolm's upcoming Dzogchen translation has dropped its price on Amazon from $120 to $99.72. Amazon also has this:
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.
I just pre-ordered the text :twothumbsup:
Kris

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Kris »

Thomas Amundsen wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra (vol 1) and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra (vol 2): A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar (vol 1) and A Translation of the Rigpa Rangdrol (vol 2)

I just noticed the the price to pre-order Loppon Malcolm's upcoming Dzogchen translation has dropped its price on Amazon from $120 to $99.72. Amazon also has this:
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.
I just pre-ordered the text :twothumbsup:
Awesome. I'm placing my order this Friday!
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
jnanasutra

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by jnanasutra »

I just pre-ordered as well!!! Thanks! :applause:
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

Looking forward to this.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.
⊙ Fimbul ⊙

Post by ⊙ Fimbul ⊙ »

Does this come in two physical volumes, one for each tantra, or just one? I am curious since the picture of the cover displayed on amazon seems to only be the Rigpa Rangshar.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

⊙ Fimbul ⊙ wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 am Does this come in two physical volumes, one for each tantra, or just one? I am curious since the picture of the cover displayed on amazon seems to only be the Rigpa Rangshar.
Two volume box set
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Any chance for a reading transmission for this bad boy like Buddhahood in This Life, Malcom?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tlalok wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 am Any chance for a reading transmission for this bad boy like Buddhahood in This Life, Malcom?
There is a lung. But the colophon states that possession of the text by people qualified through empowerment is sufficient to read it, unlike the rest of the seventeen tantras, which do require a lung.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:04 am
Tlalok wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 am Any chance for a reading transmission for this bad boy like Buddhahood in This Life, Malcom?
There is a lung. But the colophon states that possession of the text by people qualified through empowerment is sufficient to read it, unlike the rest of the seventeen tantras, which do require a lung.
What is it that sets this one apart, lung wise?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"Ācārya Malcolm Smith has certainly given the world a rare gift by presenting to English-reading Dzogchen practitioners in the worldwide Buddhist community this skilled translation of Volume One of the Seventeen Tantras, the Self-Arisen Vidyā Tantra, and Volume Two, its accompanying commentarial tantra, the Self-Liberated Vidyā Tantra. The exceptional features of each of the seventeen tantras of Ati Yoga’s quintessential secret cycle of the upadeśa class are described with metaphors. The Self-Arisen Vidyā Tantra is described with the metaphor of the ocean. The eighty-six chapters of this oceanic treatise detail the pinnacle view, meditation, conduct, and result of all paths of Buddhadharma presented in this world. As the destined Dharma of this time, this translation is extremely timely. I wish to express deep gratitude to Malcolm and the wonderful Zangthal team for their noble aspiration and qualified capacity to finally bring these most precious teachings that exist in our world into the English language."

Sangye Khandro
Light of Berotsana Translation Group
Translator and Teacher
heart

Post by heart »

amanitamusc wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 pm Excellent! :cheers:
I second that. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Woohoo!
Really looking forward to the publication of this release!
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Looking forward to this, and budgeting in anticipation.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Kris

Post by Kris »

E Ma Ho
:applause:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Kris

Post by Kris »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 pm Woohoo!
Yeah there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. :smile:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Drenpa

Post by Drenpa »

Sennin wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 pm
Norwegian wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 pm Woohoo!
Yeah there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it. :smile:
Lol. That's awesome.

It's more than just a bit sad that in a world where millions wait on pins and needles for the latest Marvel movie to drop, that there are relatively few who value something truly monumental and of inestimable value, like the qualified translation of these treasures.

But the flame of a single candle can set the forest ablaze, so here's hoping.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thank you very much Malcolm. Truly extraordinary. How long did it take you to translate the whole text? Must have been a few days. :smile:

BTW, if anyone has lack of funds but has the requirements to read this text, please let me know. I will pay for three sets and shipping for those who can't afford it. It would be best if that was in the US as shipping overseas gets very expensive but let me know and I can see what I can do.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

What empowerment do you need to read this...hopefully I can get it before August...
If not I'll give the book to someone that is qualified. ....i pre-ordered...
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 pm What empowerment do you need to read this...hopefully I can get it before August...
If not I'll give the book to someone that is qualified. ....i pre-ordered...
Direct introduction and being a Dzogchen practitioner. Then it's something truly beneficial.

Return to “Dzogchen”