The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rangdrol

User avatar
Kunga Lhadzom
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:54 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 pm
What empowerment do you need to read this...hopefully I can get it before August...
If not I'll give the book to someone that is qualified. ....i pre-ordered...
Direct introduction and being a Dzogchen practitioner. Then it's something truly beneficial.
I had DI. Via Webcast.
What is the minimal easiest thing I can do , to be considered a Dzogchen practioner....i have dabbled a little...visualization. ..of white A...but i am not consistent. ...a very bad practioner in general....unorganized...no disapline....uncontrollable....but i feel love for CHNN...and i pray for his health to be healthy and strong....
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Arnoud wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Thank you very much Malcolm. Truly extraordinary. How long did it take you to translate the whole text? Must have been a few days. :smile:

BTW, if anyone has lack of funds but has the requirements to read this text, please let me know. I will pay for three sets and shipping for those who can't afford it. It would be best if that was in the US as shipping overseas gets very expensive but let me know and I can see what I can do.
The initial draft of the Rangdrol took about three months, finished in Dec 2011, and subsequently, five drafts.

The initial draft of the Rangshar took about 6-7 months, that was completed in October 2012. It subsequently went through six drafts.

Then, after a hiatus where we worked on Buddhahood (originally translated over three months in the fall of 2012) to tighten up our lexicon, we returned to editing the Rangshar and Rangdrol which we envisioned publishing together.

After Wisdom agreed to publish this work, frankly due to the success of Buddhahood, I spent six months researching and writing essays to support the text, only 25 percent of which actually made it into these two volumes. In addition, the work altogether went through five rounds of editing with one of Wisdom's senior editors, Laura Cunningham. Wisdom had an expert in Sanskrit, Rory Lindsey, review all of the Sanskrit terms in the text for proper diacritics and accuracy, and it was proofread by Emily Bower, who used to be an editor at Shambhala but now works freelance. Right now it is being indexed, and all final changes will be implemented in April. So, from start to finish, this project will have taken eight years. Amazing. When I began to translate these two texts, I had no idea it would wind up this way.

We commissioned Tashi Mannox to do calligraphy for the two volumes. We also commissioned an original line image for Bhagavan Pawo Zhonnu Tobden, the teacher of both tantras, drawn according to how he is depicted in the Vima Nyinthig's Great Chronicle by a thangka painter, Urgyen Gyalpo, who lives and works in Toronto. The cover design was done by Gopa Campbell. The interior book design also is based on Gopa Campbell's original interior design for Buddhahood, but was executed by Wisdom's inhouse designer, Lyndsay D'Andrea.

Tulku Dakpa RInpoche and Jean Luc Achard (a leading western authority on Dzogchen) kindly wrote forwards for the book. In addition, Sangye Khandro has expressed amazing kindness in giving her support to our efforts, and there are a couple of other translators who have kindly agreed to lend their support, but until they actually send us their blurbs, they should remain anonymous for now. Credit is also due to the original sponsors of the Rangdrol.

It is really amazing how many hands touched this book to bring it to completion. It has my name on it, but in reality it was a huge team effort. We owe a great debt to Daniel Aitken for his vision in seeing the possibility of bringing our work to the reading public.

At present Team Zangthal is working on volumes three, four, and five of the series. Volume three has been submitted, the Without Syllables and its commentary. We are editing drafts of volume four, the Blazing Lamp and its commentary, and I have begun work on volume five, the Six Dimensions and its commentary. (And all of this does not count all the other translation work I have been involved with over the past 7 years.)

Arnoud, your offer is very generous, thank you.

M
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Norwegian
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Norwegian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm
Norwegian wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:54 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 pm
What empowerment do you need to read this...hopefully I can get it before August...
If not I'll give the book to someone that is qualified. ....i pre-ordered...
Direct introduction and being a Dzogchen practitioner. Then it's something truly beneficial.
I had DI. Via Webcast.
What is the minimal easiest thing I can do , to be considered a Dzogchen practioner....i have dabbled a little...visualization. ..of white A...but i am not consistent. ...a very bad practioner in general....unorganized...no disapline....uncontrollable....but i feel love for CHNN...and i pray for his health to be healthy and strong....
If you've received DI from ChNN, and you do his practices - however many or however few (as the old saying goes anyways, 'quality over quantity'), the number one thing he always says to his students is: "You do your best." So, try to study and practice to the best of your abilities. If you practice according to his instructions, that then would be wonderful.

Norwegian
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Norwegian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm
Arnoud wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Thank you very much Malcolm. Truly extraordinary. How long did it take you to translate the whole text? Must have been a few days. :smile:

BTW, if anyone has lack of funds but has the requirements to read this text, please let me know. I will pay for three sets and shipping for those who can't afford it. It would be best if that was in the US as shipping overseas gets very expensive but let me know and I can see what I can do.
The initial draft of the Rangdrol took about three months, finished in Dec 2011, and subsequently, five drafts.

The initial draft of the Rangshar took about 6-7 months, that was completed in October 2012. It subsequently went through six drafts.

Then, after a hiatus where we worked on Buddhahood (originally translated over three months in the fall of 2012) to tighten up our lexicon, we returned to editing the Rangshar and Rangdrol which we envisioned publishing together.

After Wisdom agreed to publish this work, frankly due to the success of Buddhahood, I spent six months researching and writing essays to support the text, only 25 percent of which actually made it into these two volumes. In addition, the work altogether went through five rounds of editing with one of Wisdom's senior editors, Laura Cunningham. Wisdom had an expert in Sanskrit, Rory Lindsey, review all of the Sanskrit terms in the text for proper diacritics and accuracy, and it was proofread by Emily Bower, who used to be an editor at Shambhala but now works freelance. Right now it is being indexed, and all final changes will be implemented in April. So, from start to finish, this project will have taken eight years. Amazing. When I began to translate these two texts, I had no idea it would wind up this way.

We commissioned Tashi Mannox to do calligraphy for the two volumes. We also commissioned an original line image for Bhagavan Pawo Zhonnu Tobden, the teacher of both tantras, drawn according to how he is depicted in the Vima Nyinthig's Great Chronicle by a thangka painter, Urgyen Gyalpo, who lives and works in Toronto. The cover design was done by Gopa Campbell. The interior book design also is based on Gopa Campbell's original interior design for Buddhahood, but was executed by Wisdom's inhouse designer, Lyndsay D'Andrea.

Tulku Dakpa RInpoche and Jean Luc Achard (a leading western authority on Dzogchen) kindly wrote forwards for the book. In addition, Sangye Khandro has expressed amazing kindness in giving her support to our efforts, and there are a couple of other translators who have kindly agreed to lend their support, but until they actually send us their blurbs, they should remain anonymous for now. Credit is also due to the original sponsors of the Rangdrol.

It is really amazing how many hands touched this book to bring it to completion. It has my name on it, but in reality it was a huge team effort. We owe a great debt to Daniel Aitken for his vision in seeing the possibility of bringing our work to the reading public.

At present Team Zangthal is working on volumes three, four, and five of the series. Volume three has been submitted, the Without Syllables and its commentary. We are editing drafts of volume four, the Blazing Lamp and its commentary, and I have begun work on volume five, the Six Dimensions and its commentary. (And all of this does not count all the other translation work I have been involved with over the past 7 years.)

Arnoud, your offer is very generous, thank you.

M
Wow that really is something else.

Malcolm I must say, it's really awesome to see all of this in motion and coming to fruition. I am so happy that you can do these things, and make it happen with the entire team you've mentioned above.

There are many more things I could say about this but chances are I'd ramble on for an eternity in excitement and not knowing when to stop, even repeating myself.

These translations are truly a gift to Dzogchen practitioners. So thank you again, and thank you to everybody involved. :heart:

User avatar
Sennin
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Sennin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi Malcolm,

I have to ask, is there a reason why the future volumes are in this order; is it according to how they are cataloged or particular topics? :reading:

User avatar
Kunga Lhadzom
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm
Norwegian wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Direct introduction and being a Dzogchen practitioner. Then it's something truly beneficial.
I had DI. Via Webcast.
What is the minimal easiest thing I can do , to be considered a Dzogchen practioner....i have dabbled a little...visualization. ..of white A...but i am not consistent. ...a very bad practioner in general....unorganized...no disapline....uncontrollable....but i feel love for CHNN...and i pray for his health to be healthy and strong....
If you've received DI from ChNN, and you do his practices - however many or however few (as the old saying goes anyways, 'quality over quantity'), the number one thing he always says to his students is: "You do your best." So, try to study and practice to the best of your abilities. If you practice according to his instructions, that then would be wonderful.

OK...THANK YOU Norwegian.
Which practice would you suggest I start with ?
I've missed so much it's overwhelming to me.
Visualization comes easy to me, as I am a artist (unproductive ). I also love to read and study. I think I need a partner to inspire me more....i work hard,at my job, and it zaps my energy....i would rather use my energy to practice....but i am 3zhausted by the time I have time...and would rather relax and fool around....anyone out there that could partner up with me so I can be a better practioner ?

:heart:
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Sennin wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm
Hi Malcolm,

I have to ask, is there a reason why the future volumes are in this order; is it according to how they are cataloged or particular topics? :reading:
I am working on the remaining one's with commentaries first.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Arnoud
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Arnoud » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm
The initial draft of the Rangdrol took about three months, finished in Dec 2011, and subsequently, five drafts.

The initial draft of the Rangshar took about 6-7 months, that was completed in October 2012. It subsequently went through six drafts.

Then, after a hiatus where we worked on Buddhahood (originally translated over three months in the fall of 2012) to tighten up our lexicon, we returned to editing the Rangshar and Rangdrol which we envisioned publishing together.

After Wisdom agreed to publish this work, frankly due to the success of Buddhahood, I spent six months researching and writing essays to support the text, only 25 percent of which actually made it into these two volumes. In addition, the work altogether went through five rounds of editing with one of Wisdom's senior editors, Laura Cunningham. Wisdom had an expert in Sanskrit, Rory Lindsey, review all of the Sanskrit terms in the text for proper diacritics and accuracy, and it was proofread by Emily Bower, who used to be an editor at Shambhala but now works freelance. Right now it is being indexed, and all final changes will be implemented in April. So, from start to finish, this project will have taken eight years. Amazing. When I began to translate these two texts, I had no idea it would wind up this way.

We commissioned Tashi Mannox to do calligraphy for the two volumes. We also commissioned an original line image for Bhagavan Pawo Zhonnu Tobden, the teacher of both tantras, drawn according to how he is depicted in the Vima Nyinthig's Great Chronicle by a thangka painter, Urgyen Gyalpo, who lives and works in Toronto. The cover design was done by Gopa Campbell. The interior book design also is based on Gopa Campbell's original interior design for Buddhahood, but was executed by Wisdom's inhouse designer, Lyndsay D'Andrea.

Tulku Dakpa RInpoche and Jean Luc Achard (a leading western authority on Dzogchen) kindly wrote forwards for the book. In addition, Sangye Khandro has expressed amazing kindness in giving her support to our efforts, and there are a couple of other translators who have kindly agreed to lend their support, but until they actually send us their blurbs, they should remain anonymous for now. Credit is also due to the original sponsors of the Rangdrol.

It is really amazing how many hands touched this book to bring it to completion. It has my name on it, but in reality it was a huge team effort. We owe a great debt to Daniel Aitken for his vision in seeing the possibility of bringing our work to the reading public.

At present Team Zangthal is working on volumes three, four, and five of the series. Volume three has been submitted, the Without Syllables and its commentary. We are editing drafts of volume four, the Blazing Lamp and its commentary, and I have begun work on volume five, the Six Dimensions and its commentary. (And all of this does not count all the other translation work I have been involved with over the past 7 years.)

Arnoud, your offer is very generous, thank you.

M
Wow, that is truly amazing. A life's work once they are all done. Thank you very much for it all. :anjali:

User avatar
Drenpa
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:50 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Drenpa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:09 am

Only 18 more sleeps before Christmas!! (If we're still on track for it to fall on August 28th, this year).

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am

Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
Just the 17, they are the most important.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
Just the 17, they are the most important.
That’s amazing.
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

amanitamusc
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
Just the 17, they are the most important.
That’s amazing.
+1

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
Just the 17, they are the most important.
So is Tulku Dakpa overseeing your translation?
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 am
Are you planning to translate the entire set of Dzogchen tantras?
Just the 17, they are the most important.
So is Tulku Dakpa overseeing your translation?
No. I don't need anyone to oversee my translations. But he certainly is willing to help when I have questions or doubts, as is Lama Chonam, Sangye Khandro's husband.
Last edited by Malcolm on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Cool
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Cool
However, Wisdom makes sure my translations are peer reviewed. That is the benefit of working with a major publisher, rather than self-publishing.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Cool
However, Wisdom makes sure my translations are peer reviewed. That is the benefit of working with a major publisher, rather than self-publishing.
High quality.
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 28238
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Malcolm » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Cool
However, Wisdom makes sure my translations are peer reviewed. That is the benefit of working with a major publisher, rather than self-publishing.
High quality.
I try my best. I also have two editors, plus Wisdom's editor, Laura Cunningham, as well as someone to go through Sanskrit terms, and so on. Though my name is on the translation, in reality many people touch the books.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Crazywisdom
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Self-Arisen Vidya Tantra and The Self-Liberated Vidya Tantra A Translation of the Rigpa Rang Shar and Rigpa Rang

Post by Crazywisdom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Crazywisdom wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:15 pm


However, Wisdom makes sure my translations are peer reviewed. That is the benefit of working with a major publisher, rather than self-publishing.
High quality.
I try my best.
It’s shows, honestly. So very clear.
She glares menacingly at your corpse.

The criticisms of others are like wrathful mantras. Fast purification. Welcome it. -can’t remember who

Post Reply

Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heruka85, JDBollinger, Kunzang Tobgyal, Leif, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mantrik, Pema Rigdzin, ratna, Tsongkhapafan and 53 guests