Samantabhadra, Samantabhadri, and the Basis

⊙ Fimbul ⊙

Samantabhadra, Samantabhadri, and the Basis

Post by ⊙ Fimbul ⊙ »

I just had a quick question about the attributions of Samantabhadra and Samantabhadri to the basis. I was curious if they each represent the basis as a whole or if they represent the 'empty' and 'clear' aspects respectively, their union then representing the 'compassion' aspect as the indivisible union of emptiness and clarity?

Thanks
kalden yungdrung

Re: Samantabhadra, Samantabhadri, and the Basis

Post by kalden yungdrung »

⊙ Fimbul ⊙ wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 am I just had a quick question about the attributions of Samantabhadra and Samantabhadri to the basis. I was curious if they each represent the basis as a whole or if they represent the 'empty' and 'clear' aspects respectively, their union then representing the 'compassion' aspect as the indivisible union of emptiness and clarity?

Thanks
In the base /Nature, is already compassion.
Compassion is the very base of Buddhahood
The best meditation is no meditation
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

⊙ Fimbul ⊙ wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 am I just had a quick question about the attributions of Samantabhadra and Samantabhadri to the basis. I was curious if they each represent the basis as a whole or if they represent the 'empty' and 'clear' aspects respectively, their union then representing the 'compassion' aspect as the indivisible union of emptiness and clarity?

Thanks
There is one Samantabhadra called Samantabhadra of the basis: but you have to understand there are five Samantabhadras talked about in Dzogchen tantras.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm There is one Samantabhadra called Samantabhadra of the basis: but you have to understand there are five Samantabhadras talked about in Dzogchen tantras.
Could you say more about these five Samantabhadras? This is the first time I’ve ever heard this and I’m curious.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman

Return to “Dzogchen”