Enlightenment

Natan

Re: Enlightenment

Post by Natan »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Thank you, Crazywisdom.
I think it is one of the most valuable things I have ever stumbled upon here.
Really?
(Warning: very personal, and thus in all likelihood entirely irrelevant in the context of your practice, content:) I have come to realise that all differentiating between higher and lower (or faster and slower, etc.) practices is, at least within the scope of what our Vajrayana teachers actually teach us, for many people I know insofar as I can tell and most certainly for me, a dangerous obstacle more than anything else. And as far as goals of one's practice go, whether short-term or ultimate, the only one that does not quickly ruin my practice is practising for others' happiness. Regarding the endlessness of the task: Patience and humility can hardly be overrated. "The only wisdom we can hope to acquire / Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless."
That was nice.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm(Warning: very personal, and thus in all likelihood entirely irrelevant in the context of your practice, content:) I have come to realise that all differentiating between higher and lower (or faster and slower, etc.) practices is, at least within the scope of what our Vajrayana teachers actually teach us, for many people I know insofar as I can tell and most certainly for me, a dangerous obstacle more than anything else. And as far as goals of one's practice go, whether short-term or ultimate, the only one that does not quickly ruin my practice is practising for others' happiness. Regarding the endlessness of the task: Patience and humility can hardly be overrated. "The only wisdom we can hope to acquire / Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless."

:good:

As a certain enlightened being once said:

Everybody has a very strong ego. How can understand that? You can observe yourself and immediately discover. We are always thinking we are better than others. You can’t say that, otherwise people think you are badly educated, you may say, “Oh you are very good, you are very clever”, but you always think you know much better.

Sometimes you see people discussing useless things; if there is something important sometimes it is beneficial to discuss. Even if it is something not important, people are discussing for hours and hours because two people have two egos. My way of seeing is perfect for me but another person does not accept that. Then you try and convince that person of your idea. Then you end up discussing useless things and there is no conclusion, nothing. So it is a manifestation of the ego. It is very important we know that.

and as a certain other enlightened being once said:

All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

:good:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

:thanks:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Dzogchen”