Learning Dzogchen online

kalden yungdrung

Re: Learning Dzogchen online

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:23 pm
Virgo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:16 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 pm
Thank you!
Good links Mutsuk. It is a very important Dzogchen lineage in our world system, that remains unbroken.

Kevin...
Just FYI, kalden yungdrung is not Mutsuk.
Right, Mrs. Mutsuk is fire
Kalden Yungdrung is water :rolling: :jumping: :D :o all based on illusions and dirty politics :rolleye:
The best meditation is no meditation
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Oh, my mistake.

Kevin...
kalden yungdrung

Virgo wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:40 pm Oh, my mistake.

Kevin...
No mistake, its ok this does not mean nothing to me, if i compare it with the political based, negative insults of Mrs. Mutsuk.
But that is illusion and does not count for Dharma practitioners, if they have understood very well the perfect Tibetan translations :anjali:

Have a nice day.

KY.
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

I searched the links but i couldn't find full Dzogchen lectures. Is it my poor searching or can you let me know the link for the full lecture?
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Jeff H wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm
Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm

https://learn.wisdompubs.org/academy/co ... ipashyana/

Intro course based on Dudjom Lingpa's Dzogchen Termas. Other courses are available though Alan Wallace in cooperation with Wisdom Publications.
Wallace also offers the podcasts of his 2016 retreat on "Shamatha, Vipashyana, Mahamudra, and Dzogchen". It's 94 podcasts including all the twice-daily lectures and guided meditations during the 8-week retreat. It's not a quick overview. During the year or so I was exploring a "bridge" between my Gelug-oriented training and Dzogchen, I listened to this series just during the course of my regular walks. There are a lot of real gems in these teachings! They're available for free, voluntary donations welcome.
Agreed. Many a gem. I find his style quite engaging and inspirational. The online courses do require a fee, but definitely worth the buck.
Thanks for recommendation. Could you recommend books for easy understanding the lecture?
calmdharma

Post by calmdharma »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:20 pm
Dear,

I would really really like to learn Dzogchen, but currently I could not travel to learn and attend retreats.

Is there any masters that teach Dzogchen in their website online?

Thanks for your interests.
Tashi delek Wsong,

if you are interested in a very old and unbroken Dzogchen Lineage , called Zhang Zhung Nyen Gyüd, then this is your chance.

It is a complete transmission, which enables you to practice this Dzogchen without limitations.

Mutsuk Marro
KY.

==================================

Announcement by TenGelek Geshe:

Giving Oral Transmission of Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud.

You must receive Oral transmission of Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud to gain the full benefit of the practice of Dzogchen.

Transmissions will be available only live.
Every Sunday a continuous new Transmission will follow the chapters in the Text Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud.

Starting every Sunday July 1st 2018 from 11:00am to 12:30pm CST ongoing.

Each transmission will be USD $30.00 only.
Please submit weekly to PayPal before Sunday Oral Transmission time.

Paypal: [email protected]
* Alternate Time will be available as needed.

https://www.facebook.com/tengelek.geshe ... HXmEU2vLOw
Is it going to present through Facebook?
What preliminary knowledge should I have had before taking?
kalden yungdrung

kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:20 pm
Dear,

I would really really like to learn Dzogchen, but currently I could not travel to learn and attend retreats.

Is there any masters that teach Dzogchen in their website online?

Thanks for your interests.
Tashi delek Wsong,

if you are interested in a very old and unbroken Dzogchen Lineage , called Zhang Zhung Nyen Gyüd, then this is your chance.

It is a complete transmission, which enables you to practice this Dzogchen without limitations.

Mutsuk Marro
KY.

==================================

Announcement by TenGelek Geshe:

Giving Oral Transmission of Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud.

You must receive Oral transmission of Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud to gain the full benefit of the practice of Dzogchen.

Transmissions will be available only live.
Every Sunday a continuous new Transmission will follow the chapters in the Text Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Nyengyud.

Starting every Sunday July 1st 2018 from 11:00am to 12:30pm CST ongoing.

Each transmission will be USD $30.00 only.
Please submit weekly to PayPal before Sunday Oral Transmission time.

Paypal: [email protected]
* Alternate Time will be available as needed.

https://www.facebook.com/tengelek.geshe ... HXmEU2vLOw
Is it going to present through Facebook?
What preliminary knowledge should I have had before taking?
Tashi delek W,

Yes, the teachings are held at Facebook.

Special preparation is not needed because you will get an introduction into your own Natural State.
It means you have after that the permission to start with the practice.
Before and during your practice you will be guided, that can happen by means of questions and answers but also with instructions.

Best wishes, and maybe we will meet in July during the Zhang Zhung Nyengyud Dzogchen Teachings.

Mutsuk Marro
KY.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

does one need a facebook account to participate?
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I searched the links but i couldn't find full Dzogchen lectures. Is it my poor searching or can you let me know the link for the full lecture?
The first link is to access the live webcasts as they are broadcasted. The other links are just additional information.

Kevin...
kalden yungdrung

Lukeinaz wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 pm does one need a facebook account to participate?
Yes.
LattediTigre

Post by LattediTigre »

I do not know if I have to post my question here anyway I also have the same problem and I ask please help, I would like to practice Dzogchen but I never meditated in my life and I'm completely a beginner, and I also have trouble travelling, in the sense that I should do everything completely online forever, I read that there are courses of Alan Wallace and the traditional teachings of TenGelek Geshe but for example, how do I approach him on facebook? Can I tell him that I'm a total beginner? he will laugh! or more.... are the courses of Alan Wallace complete teachings of Dzogchen from A to Z or not? My request is simple and difficult at the same time, I would like to find a site or various sites that allow me to learn the various steps of Dzogchen and then to be followed online for the rest of my life in my progresses and failures.But only online I do not think I can participate in any retreats or meetings. PLEASE HELP ME! :smile:
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi LattediTigre

Your interest in Dzogchen is a wonderful thing.
But as you have probably already read before, Dzogchen is a living knowledge that is ideally communicated directly & in person from a qualified master.

Sure... There are some things online.
The late Chögyal Namkhai Norbu used to give direct introduction via webcast, but this is far from being the norm.  
As far as I know, most of the other things you will find online will only be general introductions. To go into the heart of the matter, you will need a teacher.  

I saw that you leave in Spain...
Living in Europe, offers many opportunities to receive authentic Dzogchen teachings.  
Pardon me for asking, but what do you mean when you say that you "have trouble travelling" and you "do not think [you] can participate in any retreats or meetings" ?
LattediTigre

Post by LattediTigre »

no problem for asking. when I say that I cannot travel I mean that right now I have no car and I have few money , just that ........unfortunately. thanks for the answer.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

LattediTigre wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 pm no problem for asking. when I say that I cannot travel I mean that right now I have no car and I have few money , just that ........unfortunately. thanks for the answer.
Dear all,

https://dharmasun.org/courses/38th-annu ... ar-online/

Note that the first three days are free.

I believe that if anyone who cannot afford the rest of the teachings writes to them, you can attend for free or little money

This is real Dzogchen Dharma from a Master. If you attend you will be happy you did.

:heart:
LoveFromColorado

Post by LoveFromColorado »

Hi oldbob, thank you for sharing this!
Marc

Post by Marc »

LattediTigre wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 pm no problem for asking. when I say that I cannot travel I mean that right now I have no car and I have few money , just that ........unfortunately. thanks for the answer.
Hi LattediTigre  

Oldbob very auspiciously shared with you a nice opportunity.

However, if may, go back to your situation:  
Sure having no car and being short on cash is an obstacle.
But do to be disheartened, and do not give up too easily to meet a master in person.  

Imagine... If you had met a person, felt crazily in love, and that person lived 1000 or 3000 Km away.  
Would you just say "Too bad. Let's have an online relationship" ?  
I guess no... I imagine you would try to figure out a way. Saving extra hard. Or just going on the road and hitch-hiking...  

Dzogchen teachings are infinitely more valuable than this.

Imagine all the hardships that the great masters of the past had to through.  
And even today... For instance, I have met many people from eastern Europe, doing thousands of kilometers in autostop / hitch-hiking to go to a retreat in France and then sleep in a little tent, or a crowded dorm, or simply outside on a bench...  

Of course, I am not saying all this to shame you. Not at all.  
But instead to try to inspire you and hint at the fact that we all face obstacles and that a big part of our path is precisely about learning how to skilfully work with our situations and make really the very best out of it. 

Wishing you all the best,  
Marc
LoveFromColorado

oldbob wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:37 am Dear all,

I believe that if anyone who cannot afford the rest of the teachings writes to them, you can attend for free or little money

This is real Dzogchen Dharma from a Master. If you attend you will be happy you did.

Hi oldbob, not sure if you watched last night but I had to sign off earlier than it finished as it was past midnight my time and I have to be up at 5:30 AM. If I'm going to make more than one day, I won't catch the tail ends most likely.

Do you know where they publish the recorded videos? I think I was close to seeing the whole thing as it was the four hour and fifteen minute mark on the live stream when I disconnected.

Also, Rinpoche gave lung for A Treasury of Blessings but did not discuss the actual practice (as far as I know). This is the first lung I have seen as I'm relatively new to Dzogchen - is that typical?

Hope this is not too OT... I can repost elsewhere if needed.

Thanks!!
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

LoveFromColorado wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 pm
oldbob wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:37 am Dear all,

Hi oldbob, not sure if you watched last night but I had to sign off earlier than it finished as it was past midnight my time and I have to be up at 5:30 AM. If I'm going to make more than one day, I won't catch the tail ends most likely.

Do you know where they publish the recorded videos? I think I was close to seeing the whole thing as it was the four hour and fifteen minute mark on the live stream when I disconnected.

Also, Rinpoche gave lung for A Treasury of Blessings but did not discuss the actual practice (as far as I know). This is the first lung I have seen as I'm relatively new to Dzogchen - is that typical?

Hope this is not too OT... I can repost elsewhere if needed.

Thanks!!
https://dharmasun.org/sadhanas-rituals/ The text and videos on this sadhana are available on the site.
LoveFromColorado

Thanks!!
LoveFromColorado

So I think this is still on topic... I have never taken refuge to a teacher before, and Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche offered them last night at the end of the teachings. I took them online but obviously wasn't there in person - however, I clipped a little bit of hair myself and touched my own head with a buddha statue I have as Rinpoche was doing the same in person online.

I personally look at this as if it "counts" so to speak but wanted to get others' input.

Also, as a part of the preliminaries for the practice being offered in the teaching are the following:

1. Mandala offering
2. Guru yoga - I have studied this through FPMT's Discovering Buddhism courses but don't have a specific teaching

I know what these are and have studied them from a high level but am curious if there are specific teachings by Rinpoche in this regard. I don't have specific texts on these practices.

Lastly, I assume the Vajrasattva is the general Vajrasattva practice, correct?

Thank you!!
Matt

Return to “Dzogchen”