Dzogchen materials not requiring DI?

Josef

Re: Dzogchen materials not requiring DI?

Post by Josef »

Virgo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm
haha wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 am If you sing the song of vajra, it would be great help. (Actually, I did many times before participating his webcast.)
Well actually afaik it is necessary to have transmission to engage in that.

Kevin...
It is.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
garndi

Post by garndi »

chimechodra wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 am Malcolm and others have mentioned multiple times on this forum that it's absolutely not critical you have all the visualizations and mudras and what not memorized before the WWT. The most important thing is to be present, and really try to feel Rinpoche's presence and integrate with it.
How much of the visualizations, mantras and mudras are actually necessary? Would I still receive the transmission if I just stay present, feel Rinpoche's presence and integrate with it? I struggle to keep a visual image up for very long and the words it says to say seem quite difficult.
Josef

Post by Josef »

garndi wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 am
chimechodra wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 am Malcolm and others have mentioned multiple times on this forum that it's absolutely not critical you have all the visualizations and mudras and what not memorized before the WWT. The most important thing is to be present, and really try to feel Rinpoche's presence and integrate with it.
How much of the visualizations, mantras and mudras are actually necessary? Would I still receive the transmission if I just stay present, feel Rinpoche's presence and integrate with it? I struggle to keep a visual image up for very long and the words it says to say seem quite difficult.
You will receive the transmission regardless of your capacity to follow the visualizations etc.
Intent, aspiration, and presence are sufficient.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

A Dharma brother talked to me prior to the WWT, and then offered to be with me and stayed on the phone with me during my first webcast which was an immense help actually.

If you could benefit from that... I'm more than happy to pay it forward.

PM me if that might be of interest.
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
garndi

Post by garndi »

Josef wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:43 am You will receive the transmission regardless of your capacity to follow the visualizations etc.
Intent, aspiration, and presence are sufficient.
That's great to know, thank you for your response.
haha

Post by haha »

Virgo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm
haha wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 am If you sing the song of vajra, it would be great help. (Actually, I did many times before participating his webcast.)
Well actually afaik it is necessary to have transmission to engage in that.

Kevin...
Probably you are right; if one combines it with guru yoga, one definitely need transmission. As the song of vajra is related to liberation by seeing and hearing, it has the possibility of practicing differently.

Once I was associated with a group which suggested singing it in two ways for the sanga members: those, who have received instructions and pointing out (the deity they are associated with), could sing it remaining in natural state and those, who have not received, could sing without thinking anything. They sung together in that way.

For my case: As my desire increased to learn about dzogchen teaching after receiving the Seven Line Supplication to Guru Rinpoche from different lama, I did further inquiry about the song of vajra. Then I happened to find origin master of its rhythm. Before participating on ChNNR webcast retreat, I sung at least two hundred times with his rhythm. Later I could associate it with semde. There are many elements in Deity yoga, one can associate them to all three sections of Dzogchen.

One should understand one important point that if the newer student mind is blocked by saying “it does not work properly” “it is higher teaching, you will not understand” “you can’t receive it unless you have completed the preliminary” “you don’t have stable samadhi” and so on, then his or her mind will definitely trick at the time of instruction and introduction.

Return to “Dzogchen”