Natural state

Lee ireland

Natural state

Post by Lee ireland »

Hi,

Iv been doing longde practices and some tantra yoga, and I seem to be entering a new state of consciousness, I say new what I mean is new for me on an experience level.

It's literally dissolving thoughts as they manifest, my closest explanation would be that I'm watching my own awareness or aware of my own awareness, at first it manifested so subtle that you could hardly tell the difference, but as I practice this state gets more and more recognisable to me.

Im in each moment as it passes, thoughts get stronger but dissolve by themselves. It's certainly not dull as I'm completely aware with a sort of calmness but completely with it at the same time.

It's hard to describe but being aware of my own awareness is definitely the closest explanation to it.

The more I read about the natural state the more it sounds like this state of consciousness I'm experiencing.

So I'm wondering from what iv described, what kind of state do you think I'm going into, is this early stages of the natural state uncovering or is this something else.

Bare in mind what ever you say will not add to any delusion, just simply like to know your views on this

Thank you

Lee
treehuggingoctopus

Re: Natural state

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Talk to the teacher.
Anyone else's opinion is useless at best, catastrophic at worst.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Lee ireland wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm Hi,

Iv been doing longde practices and some tantra yoga
In another recent post, you wrote the following:
Yes this us good!

I haven't actually had a teacher yet, simply because iv been prepared to go it alone or Atleast try it alone
So, if you have no teacher, what you have been practicing has been delusion, and not Dzogchen or Tantra, whatever you may think.
Lee ireland

Post by Lee ireland »

Currently I do not have a teacher, I will soon, just waiting for the new wave of students to begin.

Thank you for your reply though, by the looks of it iv stumbled across complex waters maybe,

But the long story is I'm not cultivating this, just happens, I get weird dreams since this too, one of a multi armed humanoid that's smokey in texture, later on discovered its a heruka, and one time this weird beast standing in a vajra posture.

But long story short again, I don't have a teacher atm, and the one who will be my teacher I don't really want to hassle him before I even start
Lee ireland

Post by Lee ireland »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:32 pm
Lee ireland wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm Hi,

Iv been doing longde practices and some tantra yoga
In another recent post, you wrote the following:
Yes this us good!

I haven't actually had a teacher yet, simply because iv been prepared to go it alone or Atleast try it alone
So, if you have no teacher, what you have been practicing has been delusion, and not Dzogchen or Tantra, whatever you may think.
Sorry auto correct, yantra not tantra, but surely through practice of a system without a teacher can't be assumed to be delusion, only if your intention of the fruition of the practice will cause delusion surely? And reading here and other places, the way its taught is your introduced and then even if you don't have clarification of the state, through the specific practices, you find it anyway, surely that's the same thing? How can you recognise the state if the transmission doesn't always bring one to the state? If you have transmission and only discover it later on through such practices, surely that's the same as discovering through practices alone? Also in countless reads, people practising would do these practices firstly, and then be introduced later on through transmission, even in the nyingma tradition, don't they do these practices before transmission anyway?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Sorry Lee but: No guru - No Dzogchen.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Dzogchen”