Ati Guru Yoga and Semdzins

Motova

Ati Guru Yoga and Semdzins

Post by Motova »

What are the differences between Ati Guru Yoga and Semdzins?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Natan

Re: Ati Guru Yoga and Semdzins

Post by Natan »

Guru yoga is a central practice in DC. You are mirroring the teachers mind. In semzin you are becoming better acquainted with that under various conditions.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:35 pm Guru yoga is a central practice in DC. You are mirroring the teachers mind. In semzin you are becoming better acquainted with that under various conditions.
I'm sorry that doesn't clear things up for me.

My understanding is that both result in Guru Yoga, and both use the same experiences to enter Guru Yoga.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Motova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:35 pm Guru yoga is a central practice in DC. You are mirroring the teachers mind. In semzin you are becoming better acquainted with that under various conditions.

My understanding is that both result in Guru Yoga, and both use the same experiences to enter Guru Yoga.
Guru yoga is one. Semzin are many. So many like 21 aspects of body speech and mind.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Guru yoga is one. Semzin are many. So many like 21 aspects of body speech and mind.
Are you saying Ati Guru Yoga is the ultimate semdzin, and semdzins are limited Guru Yogas?
Natan

Post by Natan »

Motova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Are you saying Ati Guru Yoga is the ultimate semdzin, and semdzins are limited Guru Yogas?
Pretty much. But the semzin are like many keys you keep trying until one works then you are no longer in doubt.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Pretty much. But the semzin are like many keys you keep trying until one works then you are no longer in doubt.
Thank you. :smile:
Natan

Post by Natan »

Motova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Thank you. :smile:
You’re welcome. Good job.
haha

Post by haha »

Motova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm
Sem means the mind in Tibetan. It also means to think. Certainly it doesn't simply mean the mind, but it means the nature of
the mind. It means that one finds oneself in, and lives in, the knowledge of the nature of the mind, also through much intellectual study, through oral explanation and teaching.

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Dzogchen”