Dzogchen for busy people!

Empty Desire

Dzogchen for busy people!

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:11 am

I have a friend, we were both Thai Forest Monks in the UK for five years in the first half of our twenties.

Whilst I have plenty of time with my life circumstances to practice different Tantric practices. He has a family and little time has to earn a lot of money to support and so on.

To my mind, it seems ideal to recommend to him Dzogchen as a practice to receive and then incorporate into a busy existence.

Is this a suitable idea then for anyone who has little free time but could integrate Dzogchen into their life as a practice. So then a good idea for me to recommend it?
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

Karma Dorje

Re: Dzogchen for busy people!

Post by Karma Dorje » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:47 am

Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:11 am
I have a friend, we were both Thai Forest Monks in the UK for five years in the first half of our twenties.

Whilst I have plenty of time with my life circumstances to practice different Tantric practices. He has a family and little time has to earn a lot of money to support and so on.

To my mind, it seems ideal to recommend to him Dzogchen as a practice to receive and then incorporate into a busy existence.

Is this a suitable idea then for anyone who has little free time but could integrate Dzogchen into their life as a practice. So then a good idea for me to recommend it?
Absolutely you are on the right track. I can definitely recommend the Dzogchen Community, as I am sure others will. Given that the transmissions and most of the teachings are webcast, it's easy to begin one's practice without having to wait for a teacher to come to your area. ChNNR gives extensive advice on how best to integrate the practice in one's daily life. Combined with that, the community is very supportive and helpful and the texts are readily available.

I have a busy life with two kids and a consulting job and it has been a really good opportunity for my wife and I. There are many other excellent Dzogchen teachers in Europe, though few as accessible.

Best of luck to your friend!
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:13 am

I second Karma Dorje's recommendation.

Kevin...

Empty Desire

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:45 am

Virgo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:13 am
I second Karma Dorje's recommendation.

Kevin...
Great!!!

Thank-you both!!

Wonderful for sure!!

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:46 am

Empty Desire wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:11 am

as i understand ChNN's teachigs it's the opposite, it is our life that is integrated into the teachings and practices, once ou get introduced to contemplation. not otherwise. :)

one can't be a part-time dzogchen practitioner, a 5 min. guruyoga sadhana practitioner, etc. that doesn't exists.
what are you doing

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:58 am

Whatever one may do, Dzogchen requires 100% commitment.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:07 am

Off-topic posts about conditioning have been removed.

Kevin...

Empty Desire

Post by Empty Desire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:23 am

Thank-you for answers kindly given.

I've relayed it to my friend.

I knew he would have to practice if he chose to as much as possible.

These are very precious teachings and very fortunate to hear about.

Just wondered if it was appropriate/possible to practice as you live a busy life of Family/Work.

You've answered that for me.

So thank-you.

Return to “Dzogchen”