Re: Only thirteen buddhafields?

Post by jhanapeacock » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:12 am

Tenma wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 pm
jhanapeacock wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:06 am
Tenma wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:44 am

How is this a Buddha Field? I thought we were in samsara? Not only that, but even if everything were a Buddha Field, how would there be a set number of Buddha Fields?
As i understand, there are nirmanakaya and sambhogakaya buddhafields, and they also can be impure or pure, Saha world is a nirmanakaya impure buddhafield, so is part of samsara, akanistha gandavyuha is a sambhogakaya pure buddhafield outside samsara.
How are Buddha Fields Impure? Shouldn't a Buddha/bodhisattva reside in it? Or is it just like earth that certain enlightened ones come and go and we still are impure just like that?
Saha world is an impure nirmanakaya buddhafield where beings experience afflictions due to their own karma, a buddha cant do anything about that. Except teach of course.

Yeti

Re: Only thirteen buddhafields?

Post by Yeti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 am

Pero wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 am
jhanapeacock wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:15 am
In mahayana there is an inmeasurable number of nirmanakaya and sambhogakaya buddhafields, but in dzogchen there are only thirteen buddhafields (zhing khrams) is this correct?
As far as I understand, there are thirteen buddhafields where Dzogchen teachings exists, not thirteen in all. Actually it is not clear to me whether the thirteen reffered to are buddhafields or solar systems in this universe (I understood it to be the latter but now not sure). Does a buddhafield encompass the entire universe?
I heard this also during a teaching by Nyoshul Khenpo. He said that if the Dzogchen teachings/lineages disappear from this world, there are still 12 other world systems we can aspire to be reborn in to continue our dzogchen practice.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche

Return to “Dzogchen”