Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Has Attained Parinirvana

yeshegyaltsen

Re: Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Has Attained Parinirvana

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

Adamantine wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:01 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 am
yeshegyaltsen wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 pm Sorry but Dilgo Khyentse passed away on the 20th of the 8th month according to the Tibetan calendar, which was Sept. 28 when he passed in 1991 and last Saturday, Sept. 29 this year.
my new holiday got just ruined haha
According to his Shechen Monastery the solar calendar date
was September 27th: http://shechen.org/2014/09/sept-27-west ... rinirvana/
Well other sources have it on the 28th and they celebrated in Bhutan this past Saturday. Either way the Tibetan lunar dates are different.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Lhasa wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 pm From Lama Tsultrim's facebook post:

"This morning we were given the great blessing of seeing Chogyal Namkhai Norbu’s kudhong, his sacred body. He is still in tugdam the meditation state where he is completing his activities. He stopped breathing Thursday his body has still not decayed at all. Up until this morning the sky was absolutely clear blue day and night since they brought him back from the hospital. His kudhong will be placed into this stupa in the video you can also see the gonpa at Merigar in the video. And open for viewing. Probably Wednesday he we be placed inside. Such blessing to be here with my vajra brothers and sisters."
Further information from Lama Tsultrim's facebook posts.
"For our international Sangha I want to share about the current situation with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, the great Dzogchen master. This morning at dawn in Arcidosso, Italy where his first center Merigar, is located in the foothills of Monte Amiata, about five hundred people, each with a flower in hand walking, descending about a kilometer from the Yellow House to Chogyal Namkhai Norbu’s residence through open fields and then through a wooded area with birds singing.
In this house where he has been in ‘tugdam’ since Thursday evening, his body was lying. Tugdam means he is not breathing but is still present. The area of the heart is warm and the body doesn’t decay. Completing his activities. A very potent time. We passed by the windows of the room where he was lying covered with colored katas. His face was visible, and he looked peaceful. We passed in silence pausing to be with him and then offered our flowers.
The sky was cloudy for the first time in the days since he returned from the hospital. Probably indicating his tugdam will end soon. It has been absolutely clear blue and warm. Afterwards we could sit in the garden in silence and meditate. There was lightning in the morning clouds. With ever changing light. Afterwards we climbed the hill to the stupa where his embalmed body will remain. That stupa was prepared to hold his body, and is in this video.
The rest of the day was practice in the gonpa which you see the top of in the video.
My experience was understanding for the first time what it means that we are ‘yerme’ meaning inseparable from the lama. I literally feel him inside me...great bliss and emptiness simultaneously arising’. Everyone had different experiences.
There were also rainbows in the clouds I will post pictures later. Rosa his wife has been very strong and loving even in her grief. He will be placed in the stupa October 3rd if all goes as planned."
PSM

Post by PSM »

How wonderful :anjali:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Were you guys able to connect well to the 20:00 session today? It was in and out for me, and then just cut out altogether.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 pm Were you guys able to connect well to the 20:00 session today? It was in and out for me, and then just cut out altogether.
I gave up after 15 minutes of trying.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

The other day I was playing a YouTube video of the Vajra Dance on the TV. My 6 year old nephew was in the room playing and he started singing "remember me" to the singing. It brought a tear to my eye.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
APB

Post by APB »

Lhasa wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:49 pm
Lhasa wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:52 pm From Lama Tsultrim's facebook post:

"This morning we were given the great blessing of seeing Chogyal Namkhai Norbu’s kudhong, his sacred body. He is still in tugdam the meditation state where he is completing his activities. He stopped breathing Thursday his body has still not decayed at all. Up until this morning the sky was absolutely clear blue day and night since they brought him back from the hospital. His kudhong will be placed into this stupa in the video you can also see the gonpa at Merigar in the video. And open for viewing. Probably Wednesday he we be placed inside. Such blessing to be here with my vajra brothers and sisters."
Further information from Lama Tsultrim's facebook posts.
"For our international Sangha I want to share about the current situation with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, the great Dzogchen master. This morning at dawn in Arcidosso, Italy where his first center Merigar, is located in the foothills of Monte Amiata, about five hundred people, each with a flower in hand walking, descending about a kilometer from the Yellow House to Chogyal Namkhai Norbu’s residence through open fields and then through a wooded area with birds singing.
In this house where he has been in ‘tugdam’ since Thursday evening, his body was lying. Tugdam means he is not breathing but is still present. The area of the heart is warm and the body doesn’t decay. Completing his activities. A very potent time. We passed by the windows of the room where he was lying covered with colored katas. His face was visible, and he looked peaceful. We passed in silence pausing to be with him and then offered our flowers.
The sky was cloudy for the first time in the days since he returned from the hospital. Probably indicating his tugdam will end soon. It has been absolutely clear blue and warm. Afterwards we could sit in the garden in silence and meditate. There was lightning in the morning clouds. With ever changing light. Afterwards we climbed the hill to the stupa where his embalmed body will remain. That stupa was prepared to hold his body, and is in this video.
The rest of the day was practice in the gonpa which you see the top of in the video.
My experience was understanding for the first time what it means that we are ‘yerme’ meaning inseparable from the lama. I literally feel him inside me...great bliss and emptiness simultaneously arising’. Everyone had different experiences.
There were also rainbows in the clouds I will post pictures later. Rosa his wife has been very strong and loving even in her grief. He will be placed in the stupa October 3rd if all goes as planned."
Thanks heaps Lhasa!
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Webcast site crashed to 'Service Unavailable'.
I think the email meant SOV would be sung, so that and short White A is my backup plan.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

I’m getting a Service Unavailable message when trying to access the webcast site now. Anyone having the same issue or know a workaround?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

It's working now.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Aryjna wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 am It's working now.
Hmmmn not for me. I rejoice for you !
rang.drol

Post by rang.drol »

Adamantine wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am I’m getting a Service Unavailable message when trying to access the webcast site now. Anyone having the same issue or know a workaround?
I had to change the browser: Firefox won't do (still) while Chrome does...

Hope this helps
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Adamantine wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 am
Aryjna wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:02 am It's working now.
Hmmmn not for me. I rejoice for you !
If you refresh a few times it will probably work.
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Server down.

Edit: Just started working.
Last edited by Hansei on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moha

Post by Moha »

It's up again!
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Chrome is currently working for me, but nothing's happening yet. They haven't gotten started.

*Oops, the second I typed that, it started.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am Webcast site crashed to 'Service Unavailable'.
I think the email meant SOV would be sung, so that and short White A is my backup plan.
Working now.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

:twothumbsup: all good, been working
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

What mantras will be chanted as they circumambulate?

Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Does anyone know if they'll take the camera inside so we can see Rinpoche's kudung? Or does anyone know what else is going to happen? It's super late here and I'm struggling to stay awake, but I will if something more than watching people slowly move into & out of the stupa.

Return to “Dzogchen”