Dechen Norbu

Re: Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Has Attained Parinirvana

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:heart:
Matylda

Post by Matylda »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:47 am
Tenma wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 am Who is left in this modern world now? One of the great masters has gone off. We have Lama Tsultrim and Garchen Rinpoche left of the modern world from what I know, and perhaps his successor. Is there anyone else out there left of this era?
Khenpo Namdrol.
This one?
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... l_Rinpoche
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tongnyid Dorje wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:01 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:47 am

Khenpo Namdrol.
Definitely Khenpo Namdrol
who is Khenpo Namdrol?
He is one of a few lamas under Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok who teaches around the world. He is based in Pharping, Nepal. He has given Empowerments and complete transmissions of Guhyagarbha and Chetsun Nyingthig and others in Alameda, CA at Orgyen Dorje Den.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Matylda wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:15 am
Tenma wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 am Who is left in this modern world now? One of the great masters has gone off. We have Lama Tsultrim and Garchen Rinpoche left of the modern world from what I know, and perhaps his successor. Is there anyone else out there left of this era?
Khenpo Namdrol.
This one?
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... l_Rinpoche
Yes.
Tongnyid Dorje

Post by Tongnyid Dorje »

Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:20 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:47 am

Definitely Khenpo Namdrol
who is Khenpo Namdrol?
He is one of a few lamas under Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok who teaches around the world. He is based in Pharping, Nepal. He has given Empowerments and complete transmissions of Guhyagarbha and Chetsun Nyingthig and others in Alameda, CA at Orgyen Dorje Den.
and has he recieved CNNR transmissions in full, so he can continue our Rinpoches work and lineage?
Moha

Post by Moha »

I've been lighting a ghee lamp for Rinpoche every night since the news of his imminent Parinirvana broke. I usually leave it to burn itself out. There's always quite a bit of black residue and bits of wick left once the burning is done. Last night however, there was almost no residue. It was the cleanest, most complete burn I have ever seen, with just a tiny bit of charred wick.

I have never had the opportunity the man but the impact he's had on my existence is beyond any description. He turned me back onto the path of Dharma, when I had given up and abandoned it.

I have no idea where I'll go from here but I'm happy that I managed to come into contact with one of last of the great masters.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tongnyid Dorje wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am

who is Khenpo Namdrol?
and has he recieved CNNR transmissions in full, so he can continue our Rinpoches work and lineage?
No. He’s from Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok which is Palyul Nyingma. ChNN has senior students who are certified to give teachings. The different gars post calendars when a certified instructor comes to town to teach something. I’m not sure who would assume the mantle for giving webcasts and direct introductions. Perhaps it’s why Malcom mentioned KN. He’s young and extremely knowledgeable about Dzogchen. So it’s an opportunity to get deep into the subject.
Last edited by Natan on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tongnyid Dorje

Post by Tongnyid Dorje »

Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 am
No. He’s from Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok which is Palyul Nyingma. ChNN has senior students who are certified to give teachings. .
Im aware of SMS instructors, they can give explanations, trid, but no wang, or lung nor direct introduction.
So how can be Khenpo Namdrol succesor of ChNNR then? If he dont holds Longsal terma teachings of Rinpoche. Sorry for questions in this situation...
:namaste:
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tongnyid Dorje wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:59 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 am

No. He’s from Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok which is Palyul Nyingma. ChNN has senior students who are certified to give teachings. .
Im aware of SMS instructors, they can give explanations, trid, but no wang, or lung nor direct introduction.
So how can be Khenpo Namdrol succesor of ChNNR then? If he dont holds Longsal terma teachings of Rinpoche. Sorry for questions in this situation...
:namaste:
I think answered before. But to restate, I don’t know what will become of Longsal instructions. If ChNN didn’t appoint a successor it’s difficult. Perhaps his son?

KN has a deep basket of traditional Dzogchen under his belt. He is young and very committed. His teachings are very clear. It would take some effort and expense to attend him.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:focus:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
hypa3000

Post by hypa3000 »

Not sure if this is a 'coincidence' or not 1hr ago

while having a contemplative walk, wondering about the point of it all, (as you do :thinking: )

just saw one of these Rainbow coloured Post office vans (never seen one before here in the UK)

"Pride matters"

"Here for what matters"

[My main business was / is involved with Royal Mail btw so perhaps slightly more significance for me than mere passing]
"Clarity, non-thought and non-distraction - These three are the meditation in brief."
- Milarepa
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Simon E. wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 am:focus:
Absolutely. Please let's keep this to reflections on ChNN's passing, and not speculations about a successor.

We also need to be looking out for specific practices and webcasts.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Natan

Post by Natan »

Hansei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:30 pm Image
This
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

who is Khenpo Namdrol?
No, but that is not the point. The point is he is a highly qualified teacher of Dzogchen.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hm, this hit me quite hard. Especially since I have dreamt today that he has gotten better and met with his students in Merigar. Time to do our best for real,
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Quay

Post by Quay »

My heart goes out to all of his students. :heart: May you all be inseparable from his wisdom mind.

And a special wish for those for whom this is a first, painful lesson in impermanence from your teacher. For people like me who have no special qualities a departure like this is so full of grief it's overwhelming.
"Knowledge is as infinite as the stars in the sky;
There is no end to all the subjects one could study.
It is better to grasp straight away their very essence--
The unchanging fortress of the Dharmakaya."

– Longchenpa.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Miroku wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:23 pm Hm, this hit me quite hard. Especially since I have dreamt today that he has gotten better and met with his students in Merigar. Time to do our best for real,
Well in a sense your dream was true.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

:group: :heart:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Pero

Post by Pero »

:cry: :group:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”