Seven Nails - Shri Singha

ThreeVows

Seven Nails - Shri Singha

Post by ThreeVows »

Has anyone read the translation by Khenchen Palsen Sherab Rinpoche? Is it a good translation? Any other recommendations for Shri Singha in English?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Nails-Test ... 0983407479
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Kris

Re: Seven Nails - Shri Singha

Post by Kris »

Seeker12 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:42 pm Has anyone read the translation by Khenchen Palsen Sherab Rinpoche? Is it a good translation? Any other recommendations for Shri Singha in English?

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken there is a translation of the seven nails in Wellsprings of the Great Perfection .
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

Seeker12 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:42 pm Has anyone read the translation by Khenchen Palsen Sherab Rinpoche? Is it a good translation? Any other recommendations for Shri Singha in English?

Thanks.

Generally, the khenpo brothers produce excellent translations.
PemaSherab

Post by PemaSherab »

mandog wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks.

Generally, the khenpo brothers produce excellent translations.
I'll second this!
Q:Is the ability “to see what is in front of us” a way of escaping from the image-prison which surrounds us?
A: Very definitely, yes. But this is an ability which very few people have, and fewer and fewer as time passes.

Excerpt From
The Job
William S. Burroughs
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

I'll third this with the caveat that Khenpo Palden Sherab, was a wellspring of knowledge, wisdom and kindness. He is missed.

I would trust anything he writes about Dharma and Dzogchen and you are very fortunate to find anything written by him.

Khenpola is one of the only Lamas who, when asked to explain tsel, dang and rolpa, gave an extremely well grounded (in experience), hour long, very patient to make sure I was understanding what he was saying, response.

He and his brother were very kind to me over many years while I was a member of the HH Dudjom R. center on 16th St, NYC.

:heart:
PemaSherab

Post by PemaSherab »

oldbob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:26 pm I'll third this with the caveat that Khenpo Palden Sherab, was a wellspring of knowledge, wisdom and kindness. He is missed.

I would trust anything he writes about Dharma and Dzogchen and you are very fortunate to find anything written by him.

Khenpola is one of the only Lamas who, when asked to explain tsel, dang and rolpa, gave an extremely well grounded (in experience), hour long, very patient to make sure I was understanding what he was saying, response.

He and his brother were very kind to me over many years while I was a member of the HH Dudjom R. center on 16th St, NYC.

:heart:
Khenchen Palden and Khenpo Tsewang are both quite special to me as well. I took refuge with them in 2003 and have been taking teachings from them ( and now Khenpo) ever since with a brief break while I was out of the country.
Q:Is the ability “to see what is in front of us” a way of escaping from the image-prison which surrounds us?
A: Very definitely, yes. But this is an ability which very few people have, and fewer and fewer as time passes.

Excerpt From
The Job
William S. Burroughs

Return to “Dzogchen”