After achieving rainbow body?

javier.espinoza.t

Re: After achieving rainbow body?

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 pm

smcj wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:21 pm
So do you guys accept the idea that realized beings are able to benefit sentient beings post-mortem?
i do, but what i consider as "benefit" is transmission -of knowledge-

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

smcj wrote:
So do you guys accept the idea that realized beings are able to benefit sentient beings post-mortem?
Yes. If they couldn't there would be no point to attaining complete enlightenment, and escaping samsara itself would suffice. :)

Kevin...

Crazywisdom

Post by Crazywisdom » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:08 pm

smcj wrote:
Of course
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.

Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:26 pm

smcj wrote:
Yes, otherwise why do we pray to Guru Rinpoche, Garab Dorje, etc. for blessings, empowerments, etc.

I think they can manifest in multiple forms, places, and manners as need arises and karma permits.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Fourthed from another tradition.
Supplications related to Dharma or benefiting beings produce such uncanny results that I had to admit my skepticism was no longer wise.
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-amida-butsu. -- Ippen

The virtuous man should recite nembutsu just as he is, as should the bad man. We regard faithful people, who repeat Nembutsu with a mind as pure as the day they were born, as those who do not require external support in nembutsu. However, if the bad rectify their misdeeds, become good and recite nembutsu, they will truly be in harmony with the heart of Buddha Amitabha. -- Master Hōnen

smcj

Post by smcj » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes, otherwise why do we pray to Guru Rinpoche, Garab Dorje, etc. for blessings, empowerments, etc.

I think they can manifest in multiple forms, places, and manners as need arises and karma permits.
:good:
Supplications related to Dharma or benefiting beings produce such uncanny results that I had to admit my skepticism was no longer wise.
:good: (me too)
1. No traditional Buddhist sect, Tibetan or otherwise, considers deities to be fictional. (DW post/Seeker242)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against Lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post/by ?)
4. Shentong] is the completely pure system that,
Through mainly teaching the luminous aspect of the mind, holds that the fruitions--kayas and wisdoms--exist on their own accord. (Karmapa XIII)

Return to “Dzogchen”